Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone provide instructions (or URL to instructions) for a step by step to remove window tinting? I got a darn ticket for having my two front windows tinted...

As I understand, it`s a matter of peeling the film off and then scraping the goo off the window with a razor. I think perhaps a soapy water liquid might help but before I attempt this, I thought I`d see if there are any trade secrets..

?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning Head Liner

I have a job comming up next week to include interior and exterior.

One of the things that needs to be done is to clean the head liner.

What products would you recomend? Can I use an carpet & upolstery cleaner? What method do you all use to get this done?

Thanks in advance.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Woolite Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam on a clean white towel. (sprayed on towel, not headliner.)

Use a slow, gentle motion with very little pressure. No scrubbing.

I`ve also read excellent reviews on "LA`s Totally Awesome" Cleaner and FOLEX.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I
    Folex leaves to much residue. Go with LA Awesome. Pour 1/2 ounce in a bucket and add 3 gallons of warm water. Get a dedicated cotton mit and saturate in solution. Wipe damp mitt over entire headliner (or at least half) then come back with fresh damp mit and scrub. If you get a very stubborn spot spray Awesome onto your "Damp" mit and scrub some more. Wipe clean with a dry cotton towel Da Rules!

This stuff works better then any product I have ever used. There is a slight learning curve however. The main thing you want to avoid is applying the product to a dry surfice full strenght. That is unless you are trying to remove the protective coating/dye /

Post Thanks / Like
    Where would I get LA Awesome?
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    My standard approach is to work as dry as possible, irrespective of the cleaning product used, and always test the selected product on an inconspicuous spot before proceeding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Where would I get LA Awesome?
    Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar :wink:

I swear if someone would get this product, relable it and market it differently one could make a fortune :money: As it stands, if you get your detailing products from a dollar store, you are considered a hack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar :wink:

I swear if someone would get this product, relable it and market it differently one could make a fortune :money: As it stands, if you get your detailing products from a dollar store, you are considered a hack
    You buy your detailing products from a doller store? What are you, some kind of hack?:wink:

Sounds good. I think I will strut my hack a@# around the corner to the doller store.

Thanks Flash.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I use Woolite Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam on a clean white towel. (sprayed on towel, not headliner.)

Use a slow, gentle motion with very little pressure. No scrubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie
    My standard approach is to work as dry as possible, irrespective of the cleaning product used, and always test the selected product on an inconspicuous spot before proceeding.
    I`d agree with the above. I`ll use just about any APC, but the key is to spray it on the towel and not over saturate the fabric.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I`d agree with the above. I`ll use just about any APC, but the key is to spray it on the towel and not over saturate the fabric.
    You didn`t like what I had to offer? I don`t like you no more if you don`t agree with everything I say :Innocent:

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn`t like what I had to offer? I don`t like you no more if you don`t agree with everything I say :Innocent:
    LOL! :Swordfight:

I think your method would work just fine on a vinyl headliner.

You want to avoid getting cloth headliners to wet as it can cause the adhesive to loose it`s grip if you will.

I think it`s more of an issue on older cars (80`s) but better safe than sorry. :wink:

Rasky`s Auto Detailing

That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    LOL! :Swordfight:

I think your method would work just fine on a vinyl headliner.

You want to avoid getting cloth headliners to wet as it can cause the adhesive to loose it`s grip if you will.

I think it`s more of an issue on older cars (80`s) but better safe than sorry. :wink:

I hope you know I was kidding :Boxing:

Yea, thats more of a 80`s thing (sagging liner) the cars today have molded to fit liners and the glue is much better. Also, just like with cleaning carpets, major saturation is not your ojective. Just use enough to give you some working time (scrubbing). The only material I would recommend not doing this to is suede. You get that stuff wet and it smells like a horses backside :-B

What is that a pic of? a Chrysler K Car :spy:

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you know I was kidding :Boxing:

Yea, thats more of a 80`s thing (sagging liner) the cars today have molded to fit liners and the glue is much better. Also, just like with cleaning carpets, major saturation is not your ojective. Just use enough to give you some working time (scrubbing). The only material I would recommend not doing this to is suede. You get that stuff wet and it smells like a horses backside :-B

What is that a pic of? a Chrysler K Car :spy:
    I totally knew you were kidding. :-B

Not sure what this pic is from...just did a quick Google search. I do remember Oldsmobile having a lot of issues though. :biggrin:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    A warm terry cloth.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information