Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP with odor

Post Thanks / Like
    As I was QDing my black MBZ this afternoon, I noticed a few areas of film all over the hood. The car currently has 2 apps of AIO and 2 coats of KSG (no carnauba yet). The haze was barely noticeable under flourescent lights at just the perfect angle and I`m 99% sure that it wouldn`t be visible outdoor under the sunlight. In fact, the only reason why I noticed it is because I have been very vigilant about it and watched out for it by looking at my paint at different lighting angles. I QDed over the hood again and the haze was still there. Luckily, I was able to get it off by rubbing the area several times with some pressure with a dry MF. I think `white film` would be a more accurate description than `haze`.

It rained today in LA and I did drive my car a little (wasn`t raining when I left the house). Perhaps the rainwater had something to do with the film because it gets pretty dry in the winter here in LA. But all in all, the film wasn`t bad at all. My car still looks very nice. Unless this `film` problem gets much worse, it`s probably not going to stop me from using Klasse in the future.

My BLACK MERCEDES HOOD had haze too!!!!! odd?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh my white Rx7 always has a bit here n there after using Klasse, wax on top ususally hides or removes this only happens if u leave too much Klasse on top to dry

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Powerslave [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Yeh my white Rx7 always has a bit here n there after using Klasse, wax on top ususally hides or removes this only happens if u leave too much Klasse on top to dry [/b]</blockquote>Perhaps you are speaking of a different type of "haze"? It seems you are speaking of a too-thick layer of unbuffed SG, while the true "Klasse Haze" we speak of here is something you can move around the car but never buff off. I remember one member could write his name in it with his finger...you can`t do that with unbuffed SG.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I think `white film` would be a more accurate description than `haze`.
    [/b]</blockquote>
    Tony,

you`re right. That is a better description. I`ve also noticed that it`s more of a white film on the surface. On some parts of the car, the white film DOES NOT MOVE AROUND, it seems to be part of the sg. The lines in the film mirrior the motions I made with the product when I originally applied it.

Very strange. Oh well...

Post Thanks / Like
    This haze issue has just started to disturb the waters. Perhaps they modified the formulation? Too bad there is no customer service line to call...........I am sure we would be interested in what they had to say about this issue, and what possibly is causing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is interesting that this problem seems to be a new phenomenon that was not seen in the past. I had the haze on both cars that had Klasse. I have since moved on to Blackfire, which promises to be a good choice. I am undecided whether the gray 330i will be Zaino or BF... I really like the way DK`s car looks with Zaino and well....mine is the same color. My son just put on a new coat of Z2 on the Silver Accord and I just don`t think that anything could look better on silver. Klasse looks great until the haze shows up. I am going to move away from Klasse though until there is an answer to the mysterious "haze" that has been plaguing so many users.

H

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did the "white" haze still show after you washed the car, does water respond differently to those areas then the ones that do not have the haze. Remember that Klasse takes a litte time to cure.

What QD do you use and did you use the QD to lubricate the applicator during the SG application?

Puterbum you have black hood, do you get the hazing too?

We should do a poll as surely there are far more people who do not get either the oily hazing nor the white hazing than do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I notice the haze especially right after washing, but it`s hard to say since it takes just the right kind of light to see it. I have had success at removing it with a PC and an MF bonnet, but unfortunately is comes back... I tried different QD`s like Crystal Mist, EO Wet Wipe n Shine, FI etc etc. Still got the haze. I was attributing it to the humidity, but it appeared when the humidity went down. I did use EO to aid removal of the SG when I applied it. I have no idea how that can be the cause, but who knows! I have not seen the haze with BF or Zaino so far though.

I thought it might be due to the wax topper, but the wax has to be gone by now and I am still seeing it appear.

Since it appears on the surface, and it can be removed with the PC, I would think that it is reacting to or attacting atmospheric contaminants. It sure would be good if there was a company rep who could report this to the chemists at Klasse...

H

Post Thanks / Like
    BW started the poll, go give input (please )

LC

Here I`ll make it nice and easy:

http://216.147.22.29/forum/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=31

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Perhaps you are speaking of a different type of "haze"? It seems you are speaking of a too-thick layer of unbuffed SG. [/b]</blockquote>
    Nah mate, im talking about the same thing everyone else here is, after its all buffed off, I find its worse if i DUMP heaps of SG on and leaving it to dry rather than using small amounts & thin layers which leaves far less Klasse residue to buff off. Now im not saying the haze is the residue.

I find that afterwards for eg:- if i used heaps of Klasse, and left huge thick lines of it all on my roof, I find the haze is aligned with these lines, its actually the Klasse its not really a haze or special weird effect, its just Klasse. If u use it too thick it looks like a haze which is quite ugly if u see it in the right light but in the shade is barely noticeable as the Klasse just looks nice n glassy then. & when I wash it I probably notice it a bit more, the wax on top seems to hide this really well tho, like it hides swirls, it makes the finish more even to my eyes anyway. Im suprised many others dont notice it, Its usually the more serious detailers here who dont , probably because they use thinner layers and are more experienced in applicating this stuff.

Ill still use Klasse though because its barely noticeable and I know what im doing now

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was just me but here is what I have noticed, right after putting on SG I notice a haze, but it seems to clear up over a short period of time and the car looks great after the next wash. It seems to me the car looks better a week or two after detailing than the day of. My wife doesn`t see it and accuses me of being way too picky (she says anal).

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a foam applicator and applied very thin coats of SG. Even if there were some lines in the SG layer, what is the haze that is forming over those lines?? It is definitely a coating over the surface, because it can be removed with some effort!! You can also see it change by swiping your finger over it. None of the other sealants seem to develop this haze under the same atmospheric conditions.

I really like the way Klasse looks when it does not have the haze, but until someone can figure out what and why and how to prevent it, I am inclined to try one of the other fine products available....

H

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Perhaps you are speaking of a different type of "haze"? It seems you are speaking of a too-thick layer of unbuffed SG, while the true "Klasse Haze" we speak of here is something you can move around the car but never buff off. I remember one member could write his name in it with his finger...you can`t do that with unbuffed SG. [/b]</blockquote>
    That is a possibility, but I doubt it because I didn`t notice any film when the SG was initially buffed off. It also changes when I run my finger over it, as bigboyhf described, and it can also be removed with some effort.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time i experienced "the haze" is when i tried to layer imideatley without letting the first layer cure. It gummed up, and the haze was definately a film, that you could move around with your finger, but i bet that when that film finally cures, it will look like perminant haze of scratches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information