Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Regards

Michael H

Post Thanks / Like
    they already won a 3.6 mil against mark V....now going after Mothers too and others....funny if they are right and got ripped off....because Mothers is one of the better if not best of the clay IMHO....i couldnt see them doing that but you never know....

Post Thanks / Like
    can you say, lawsiut happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not say they are lawsuit happy. the way the Patent system works is that if the person that holds the patent does not actively seek to maintain it by actively suing whoever is breaking it, they can lose it. What it means in plain speak is that patent enforcement is up to the holder of the patent.

Post Thanks / Like
    At least this company (Auto Wax) actually makes clay. When I worked in the CTI world (Computer Telephony Integration) my company got "I`m gonna sue" letters all the time from lawyers who had simply gone out and bought obscure patents that related peripherally to CTI. Then they would send out scads of letters hoping at least some would contact them back to settle out of court. Weasles and skunks, all of them. A pox on their house. Usually they didn`t even know what your company did - they would get your name from trade show vendor lists. They assumed that if you showed a product at a CTI trade show then you must be infringing on one of their worthless patents.

We also got sued by a couple of companies and had to pay royalties to them (out of court settlement...) We spent over 1M dollars in legal fees and ended up having to pay about 100k royalties. The only people making any money at this game is the laywers. And these patents were so old and moldy (one of them was a patent for using DTMF (touch-tone) keys to make a computer record audio onto cassette tapes) We never used tapes but no matter, you never know what a jury is going to do.

The Auto Wax company apparently invented clay and if they patented it properly, deserves to get a license fee for use of their invention. That`s what a patent is all about. Sucks when you are on the receiving end of litagation, though. Nothing like having a marshall show up at your door to serve you with a supena.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Scooter [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I would not say they are lawsuit happy. the way the Patent system works is that if the person that holds the patent does not actively seek to maintain it by actively suing whoever is breaking it, they can lose it. What it means in plain speak is that patent enforcement is up to the holder of the patent.
    [/b]</blockquote>Actually, must actively defend trademarks, but this is not true of copyrights or patents. For example, the GIF standard had been in use for many years before UniSys decided to try to make some $$$ off of their patent.

"I Am Not A Lawyer", but this is my understanding of it . . .

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    With a name like TORT are you sure you are not a lawyer? LOL

For lawyers in the house What is the proper def. of TORT anyway I forget. And I promise no lawyer bashing since we have one in my family.

Post Thanks / Like
    but I play one on TV...

The thing about pursuing your patents is this: If you sit on your patent for a period of time while others are possibly infringing on it, you have just wounded any potential lawsuit severly. Basically, you have to prove that you have diligently pursued infringers or you lose some standing in court. I had this explained to me by a high-powered laywer once and I am sure that I have totally butchered this, but that`s what I took from it.

Therefore, if UniSys knowingly allowed their GIF patent to be infringed and only decided to litigate when there was money to be made, they are already on the losing side of the lawsuit - unless they can prove that they didn`t know it was being infringed prior to the suit.
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>With a name like TORT are you sure you are not a lawyer? LOL

For lawyers in the house What is the proper def. of TORT anyway I forget. And I promise no lawyer bashing since we have one in my family. [/b]</blockquote>From http://www.dictionary.com:

"Damage, injury, or a wrongful act done willfully, negligently, or in circumstances involving strict liability, but not involving breach of contract, for which a civil suit can be brought."

So, if I understand it correctly, an automobile accident in which one of the parties was negligent/liable would be an example of a tort. In my case, it`s a nick I`ve had since gradeschool, short for "Tortoise" . . . I wasn`t exactly the fleetest of foot.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    A political subject that comes up every national election.

Remember the lady who spilled hot coffee on her crotch and sued McDonalds for her injuries? That falls under "tort" in legal circles. Basically, she (well, her attorney) convinced a jury that McDonalds willfully neglected to inform the lady that the coffee was so hot it could burn her if spilled. And she won a judgement.

Tort reform is supposed to limit the kind of lawsuit and judgements of those suits. The concept is that prices increase everytime a company has to defend itself in a tort-related suit. So, someone does something stupid or negligent, everyone else pays for it.

But attorney love this because this is where the megabucks are.

Such is life in modern America.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like

ummm coffe and light gray rug...

i got a c230 a few weeks ago. its white on light gray(ash).
    i removed the plastic wrap they put down on the floor from the dealer.
    guess what i found.....coffe

what would be the best way (if you can) get coffe out of a rug?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Try some folex. Spray some on the stain, wait a bit and with a damp cloth, dab it. Should pull it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    Try some folex. Spray some on the stain, wait a bit and with a damp cloth, dab it. Should pull it up.
    X 2 ^

Coffee usually cleans up very easy. Unless its decaff :Snowman:

Post Thanks / Like
    i tryed heavy trafic foam spray ....didnt work....
    also do u think this will clean up ?.....

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will take it back and have them replace them with a new set or try cleaning them with Eimann Fabrik Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner or 303 Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover, also you can try folex.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information