Post Thanks / Like
    I was reading the instructions on AIO being applied on aluminum and alloy wheels and am wondering if it can be applied on factory chrome wheels.
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely the factory chrome rims are clear coated as odd as that sounds. I read a post stating that 99% of all factory rims are clear coated, with exceptions. The aftermarket rims that are alloy or mag are uncoated.

So, AIO them.

Jason

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    AIO on everything non-porous! Yay AIO (to much paint in the lungs )

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO works great on chrome. Follow up with a coat of SG. Although I use zaino on my truck I still use AIO and SG on my chrome and Clear coted aluminum rims. I found it works better than zaino on chrome. The zaino on my aluminum rims seemed to haze or cloud a bit. Don`t know what it was but the AIO took it right off and it hasn`t returned.
    :getdown

01 ford ranger xlt

05 ktm 300 exc

Post Thanks / Like
    I have AIOx2 and SGx4 on my Lincoln factory chrome wheels with no problems. They look great. You should be fine, go ahead and AIO them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure! Go ahead! The AIO`s non-abrasive cleaners removes some embedded grime, and prepares the chrome for more layers of SG. You might want to use AIO 2 or 3 times depending on the wheel`s condition.

And foam applicators work well to apply, and simply remove it with old microfiber towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then AIO it! :up
    2001 Honda Civic EX

1997 EV1 - This is NOT your father`s golf cart!

2002 Rav4EV

Fav products: Klasse AIO & SG, 303, microfiber towels, Clear Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses guys. Gonna AIO them chrome wheels now
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like

A few Interior cleaning Questions, PLZ HELP!

Hey guys, new member here. I`ve been reading the forums for a few weeks, finally decided to become active. I work as a detailer at a used car dealership, so I detail 2-3 cars a day if I can pump them out that fast.

I had a couple questions about some interior problems I`ve run across, and I was wondering if yall had some advice as to what products to use to correct these problems.

1. Surface scratching/marring on pieces of vinyl or rubber plastic on the interior?

2. What product/s are safe/effective to use on wood grain interiors? (even if it maybe fake wood grain like in these saab`s I do.)

3. Finally, I have some cigarette burns in some cloth pillar bars. Whats the best way to cover that up and get them back to their natural light grey fabric? Thanks for the help mates, hope to hear from you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredfromsubway View Post
    Hey guys, new member here. I`ve been reading the forums for a few weeks, finally decided to become active. I work as a detailer at a used car dealership, so I detail 2-3 cars a day if I can pump them out that fast.

I had a couple questions about some interior problems I`ve run across, and I was wondering if yall had some advice as to what products to use to correct these problems.

1. Surface scratching/marring on pieces of vinyl or rubber plastic on the interior?

2. What product/s are safe/effective to use on wood grain interiors? (even if it maybe fake wood grain like in these saab`s I do.)

3. Finally, I have some cigarette burns in some cloth pillar bars. Whats the best way to cover that up and get them back to their natural light grey fabric? Thanks for the help mates, hope to hear from you soon.
    Welcome to our corner of the Web! Lots to learn here and please contribute / share your knowledge, too.

As to fixing damage (1 and 3 of your post), I`m not too skilled at that as every situation is different. The cigarette burns can be "hidden" a bit depending on the material but they will never go away. Vinyl / plastic repair is very time consuming and requires specialized equipment to do properly.

As to #2, well, you will get a lot of suggestions and opinions!

I like 1Z einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner for the final application as it leaves the surface more like "new" rather than glossy/semi-glossy like many other products.

http://www.properautocare.com/eicopr.html

Regards,
    GEWB

Thread Information