Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the duster for about a month. I was wildly enthusiatic at first. I could dust off the car in like a minute! I thought, "This is fantastic. I can keep the car pristine without the work of QDing with Z6." Then, one day, I noticed very fine lines on the car. I almost died. They have gone away with a lot of Z5, but it was frightening . . . I have used the Duster only once since.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do use the California Duster two or three times a week. As Darbh suggested, it is very possible that this item can cause very light scratches on the wax or polish. So be very, very careful and perhaps it wouldn`t be the best idea to use one on a dark colored car. At least not regularly. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don, I think you are right -- the Duster probably does not scratch the clear coat, at least if used properly. It just freaked me, though, when I saw all those lines. And, my car is dark, so has the liability you touched on.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Leather Protectant vs. 1Z Leather Care *PIC*

Sofa cushion was first cleaned with 1Z deep plastic cleaner(excellent for cleaning coated leather) and a leather scrub brush, then wiped clean with a damp towel.

Few minutes later, Optimum leather protectant(aka optimum protectant plus) was applied to the right side with a foam applicator. Next, 1Z leather care was applied with a foam applicator on the left. I put another coat of 1Z to remove those 4 spots in the middle. It removed them, but still streaked and splotched.

I was not working in direct sunlight. I took the picture outside so I could get the best light.

To me, I can can clearly see optimum leather protectant has a much more uniform application. 1Z seems to streak and splotch. A win for optimum, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never used 1Z but I really like Opt Protectant Plus a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt the Optimum side looks MUCH better!:thumbup:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m on hunt for a nice leather (pleather) protector and Optimum is in my budget range, yeah - I know Leather Masters rule, but for the daily drivers I detail - what ya`ll think about Optimum?
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I`m on hunt for a nice leather (pleather) protector and Optimum is in my budget range, yeah - I know Leather Masters rule, but for the daily drivers I detail - what ya`ll think about Optimum?

Powerclean to clean and OPLC to protect.... Winner in my book and something I use quite often!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Todd, getting the credit card ready! I`ll get it before the sale goes off.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information