Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Above my head

If anyone can post a link to a specific "kick ass" vacuum, please do so. I want the Vac `N Blo, but $175 is alot for a vacuum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Beau,

You might want to check out the Oreck line of small vac`s. I know my wife loves her Oreck upright vac. Just a thought. The link is:
    http://www.oreck.com/oreck/shp_olc_sml.cfm

Post Thanks / Like
    Hands down the best car vac I`ve ever used. My wife loves it for house hold duties as well. Spendy but well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Ridgid, 6 HP shopvac,I just added a long extension cord, and most importantly a second hose so I can move aroud the car.

Works great

Post Thanks / Like
    Holly and I got the Vac-N-Blo a week ago. It`s the best car vac I`ve ever had, and much easier to use than my shop vac. The tools are excellent, and the filter is very easy to clean. It`s light and easy to carry around, too. Noise is my only complaint. I wish it were about 3db quieter, then it would be perfect. I`d give it a 9.0 on a scale of 10.

Post Thanks / Like

Above my head

I am wondering what you all do to clean the headliners in your vehicles?

I have a 1990 MB 560 that has a cloth type headliner with no spots just accumulated soiling after almost 20 years of use. I want to clean it up but am a bit nervous to just start spraying cleaners on it and hoping for the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MB Fan View Post
    I am wondering what you all do to clean the headliners in your vehicles?

I have a 1990 MB 560 that has a cloth type headliner with no spots just accumulated soiling after almost 20 years of use. I want to clean it up but am a bit nervous to just start spraying cleaners on it and hoping for the best.
    I use "LA`s" Awesome. Poor a little in a bucket and add water. Get a dedicated mit(I prefer the old cotton ones, they have more bite) Wring the mit out for the most part and geta scrubin. Come back with a dry cotton towel to dry

You don`t want to totally saturate the material or scrub excessivally hard as you may loosen the glue. I`ve done this hundreds of times, and never any ill effects

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a brush first. You`ll be surprised how much stuff will come out with just a brush alone.
    Use a brush most people use for leather cleaning
    Then, follow up with a vacuum
    After that, you can assess the situation and see if you`d need to use a diffeferent method like wet cleaning...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I use "LA`s" Awesome.
    That stuff is gold!
    I girlfriend of mine first told me about it.
    It`s dirt cheap too, but works great on upholstery, carpet, and general cleaning...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I use "LA`s" Awesome. Poor a little in a bucket and add water. Get a dedicated mit(I prefer the old cotton ones, they have more bite) Wring the mit out for the most part and geta scrubin. Come back with a dry cotton towel to dry

You don`t want to totally saturate the material or scrub excessivally hard as you may loosen the glue. I`ve done this hundreds of times, and never any ill effects
    Where do you get this at?

I use Folex (from Home Depot). Dillute about 5:1 with water and LIGHTLY MIST on a towel, then lightly rub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post

I use Folex (from Home Depot). Dillute about 5:1 with water and LIGHTLY MIST on a towel, then lightly rub.
    Very good stuff.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    That stuff is gold!
    I girlfriend of mine first told me about it.
    It`s dirt cheap too, but works great on upholstery, carpet, and general cleaning...
    You to huh.....:drool5:

My wife has been using this stuff for 10 years for laundry. When she 1st started using awesome I remember her telling me > You should try this stuff" ..... However, me being me I wasn`t listening > :banghead:

A couple of years pass, 1 day I get a GOD awfull suburban to clean. I mean this thing was discusting. She came out to help me on the interior I was bichin and moaning so much > :cursing:

She went on cleaning the leather and carpets.........I could not beleive the results, and neither could the customer. The lady tipped me $100 > :clap:

From that day forward awesome became my "go to" product for "ALL" Interior cleaning >

Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post

I also use to use Folex....While I admit its a decent product, it doesn`t hold a candle to Awesome. Plus w/folex you have that left over residue(powder) and it also makes the carpets stiff > Boo Hoo

The great thing is you can get it at Dollar General, Dollar Tree,Family Dollar....And yep, it only cost $1 > :clap:

***DON`T USE THIS PRODUCT FULL-STRENGHT ON LEATHER....DON`T ASK >

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve learned some pretty good info by this thread...

1. Start by brushing, follow up with vacuum
    2. Folex misted on a clean towel
    3. "LA" Totally Awesome

I`ve never heard of LA Totally Awesome, but I did a Google search and found a picture of the bottle!

Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I`ve learned some pretty good info by this thread...

1. Start by brushing, follow up with vacuum
    2. Folex misted on a clean towel
    3. "LA" Totally Awesome

I`ve never heard of LA Totally Awesome, but I did a Google search and found a picture of the bottle!

Thats It ^^^^^ :thumbup:

I also did a google search earlier, I reccomend others do the same. Page after Page of rave reviews......1 day I`ll learn to listen to my wife. Its just that sometimes she can come up with some strange advice > ut:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might have to take a look at this product ( LA Totally Awesome )
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information