Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Turtle Wax F21 Super Protectant

I observed a friend of mine using this product on the interior of his C5 Corvette and he gave me the remaining 1/4 of his bottle to try.

First off, I can`t stand an interior dressing/conditioner that is shiny. For me it has to be a satin finish. So that was my primary criteria.

Secondly... I rarely use "over the counter" or "mass market" products. Like most of you, I`m mostly an upper end detailing product guy!

That being said, here`s my review of the TW F21 Super Protectant.

1. Application:

This product is a water based liquid and comes in a spray bottle with a fairly fine mist that can be sprayed on your microfiber towel or directly on the leather, plastic, vinyl or rubber surface.

2. Shine:

The finish is EXACTLY what I like: Satin smooth finish with no streaks, no harsh shine. Dry to the touch after 1 minute.

3. Longevity:

I applied to the interior surfaces of my `03 Corvette about 2 weeks ago and they still look the same as they did the day I applied them.

4. UV Protection:

The spray bottle label claims the following:

Revolutionary nonotechnology formula combined with Sun- Sto p ? provides the highest level of UVA/UVB protection for leather, vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces.

5. Scent:

This is the best part!!! It has that LEATHER scent. Reminds me very much of Zaino Z10 "Leather in a Bottle".

6. Amount used:

Very little is needed... 2 light sprays did the one entire seat.

7. Availability:

Like most Turtle Wax products, F21 SP is available at almost any Auto Parts Store and, of course, Walmart!

8. Price:

Cheap. 32 oz is about $6.50 at Walmart.

9. Similar product comparison:

Here`s where I`ll get into trouble. I`m going to compare this product with 303 Protectant. Now I know that 303 is the "benchmark" for interior protectant products. It has the perfect, non-streak, UV protected finish. All true.

If F21 SP isn`t just as good, it`s darn close.

10. Recommendation:

Highly recommended.

11. Overview:

I have always been skeptical of TW products ever since the days of the original TW Paste Wax products that you put on your car, they left a nasty white crust, that you had to scrape off and the car ended up looking worse after that before!

But, as you can deduce from my review, I really like this stuff!

And, if you give it a try and disagree, please send your un-used portions to me. I`ll gladly take them off your hands.

P.S. Excellent for tires too.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bill, nice honest review :smile:

I was actually at Lowes a couple weeks ago and they had it on sale for $1.50.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    I was actually at Lowes a couple weeks ago and they had it on sale for $1.50.
    Hmmmm... I wonder what that means. (?) You think someone has found something in it that destroys vinyl and plastic? :smile:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review, but regardless of the results, I`m still not going to use it. If there`s a TW product out there that is acceptable, there`s 10 others that are just as good, if not better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Great review, but regardless of the results, I`m still not going to use it. If there`s a TW product out there that is acceptable, there`s 10 others that are just as good, if not better.
    Trying to make sense of this... okay I can`t.

Next...

Luster,

Great review and very useful. I think my biggest apprehension with such a product is that I would get the weeks of oily feel, one would get with the old Armor All products.

Interestingly, I`ve never been overwhelmed with 303 and more often than not, I opt for Meguiar`s Interior Detailer because it leaves my finish with a simple clean look, no shine, and just a clean smell.

Although... your description of Z-10 has got me interested! LOL
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting that some folks would not buy a product just because it`s made by Turtle Wax, regardless of how good it is.:smile: No problem... everyone has a right to their opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I think my biggest apprehension with such a product is that I would get the weeks of oily feel, one would get with the old Armor All products.
    My first thought exactly. I did a test patch and, as stated in my review... DRY to the touch.:thumbup:

.. your description of Z-10 has got me interested! LOL
    Z-10 = Excellent leather conditioner. Keep in mind that it is concentrated and fairly thick. Therefore, if the leather is perforated with tiny holes, Z-10 will clog up the holes. That being said, IMO it`s the best leather conditioner on the market. (Strong opinion true.....):drool5:

Then why not use Z-10 all the time?
    1. Price.
    2. It clogs up the holes.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review, I have to go to Lowes this afternoon and I`ll see if they have it. I have 303 but only use it on weather stripping, it`s too greasy for my taste.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hey Dave - "You`re the new king of ignorant blanket statements. "

Sorry, but after blasting Jake about buffers, I figured you could use a little sauce from kettle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you`re so emotional about Turtle Wax all the time. I didn`t know you were that much of a die hard fan. You`d make a great TW spokesman for Lowes Car Care. :clap:

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play nice gentleman...
    I am not sure about the Turtle Wax stuff as it has been years since I gave them a thought. My requirements for interior dressing are exactly like Bill`s. I cannot stand to have a lot of "shine" on interior parts. I am a big fan of our own Blackfire interior Cleaner, http://www.properautocare.com/blincl2.html and Blackfire Interior Protectant http://www.properautocare.com/blinpr.html and the products from einszett http://www.properautocare.com/1zeinszett.html Both of these brands are quite the low profile heros of interior cleaning and protecting. If you have ever wanted to try them now is the time.

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont care who makes it, if you like it and it works for you, especially if its cheap, thats great!

Good review Bill! For $6.50, definitly work a try! :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m lost.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I`m lost.
    Read post #4....

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding using Zaino Z10 Leather in a bottle - if you want to make it work inside on plastics, you have to mix it with some Z-16 Tire Dressing, to make a Z26 ! You can add more Z10 or more Z16 to suit your exact needs.

I dont believe it will ever be Satin but then everyone`s definition of Satin may be different anyway, right ?

I like to use it sometimes because it always works and leaves that leather smell in the car too..
    I just got some Einzett cockpit plastic cleaner from here and will be trying it out soon.

DanF

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m gonna have to get me some zaino stuff....
    I have a zaino store near me but havnt had the chance to get there.... no i really want to go :drool5:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information