Post Thanks / Like

You have to see this!!!

Read this before you peek at the picture.

A friend of mine called me and asked if I could "fix" headliners. I asked him what type of fixing it needed and he said he would come by and show me. I could not beliieve my eyes. How in the hell did this happen?? He was moving some stuff with his car.....had one of those round shaving mirrors that magnifies on 1 side and regular on the other and chucked it onto his front seat. He ran some errands and when he got back in the car he thought he smelled something burning, but had the windows down and figured it was from outside. Then he went somewhere else and parked the car for a few hours, came back and really smelled something. Finally looked up and this is what he saw.....

The single spot you see is from the first time, how he didn`t see it I`m not sure. The long line you see it the sun tracking across the sky during the few hours he left it the second time. The mirror had shifted between trips and started a new spot. As the sun tracked it just burned a line right across the headliner!! he is so lucky he didn`t torch the whole car

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! So you mean to say that those burn marks were caused by the reflection from the mirror, as the sun was hitting it and tracking?! Man that is one strong mirror. Your friend really is lucky that his car didn`t catch on fire.

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is CRAZY!!!! :
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar`s/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar`s Distributor/Retailer

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re a detailer, not a magician!!!

You`re right, he`s lucky!!!!! Could have been a disaster!:iagree:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty sure the fact that is was a shaving mirror w/ magnification was the culprit. I think had it been turned over to the regular side of the mirror it may not have happened. Still, it`s something you never see. When he told me the story I laughed for quite a while before I went to get my camera!

Thread Information