Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: window cleaning

Post Thanks / Like

window cleaning

does anyone have a trick to cleaning windows to a streak free shine ? well i clean the windshield and the back window on the inside and i walk around to look and it still look nasty with alot of streaks . thanks

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magictouch100 View Post
    does anyone have a trick to cleaning windows to a streak free shine ? well i clean the windshield and the back window on the inside and i walk around to look and it still look nasty with alot of streaks . thanks
    I use Eimann Fabrik Clear Vision II Glass Cleaner with the Dragon Fibre Glass Cleaning Towels. The trick is to wash your towels in a dye free soap and hang dry them or use a very low heat setting in the dryer with NO DRYER SHEETS. This should help you Magictouch
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use either Invisible Glass or NXT Generation Glass Cleaner. I still have trouble getting streak free results on the inside.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Invisible Glass and Sprayway. Cleaning them out of direct sunlight seems to help with the streaking problem.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Up til now I was using Stoner invisible glass. wipe on w/ 1 microfiber and use a dry one to buff off the streaking. works great

This is gonna sound weird but it definitely works the best I have seen. I learned this trick during my training w/ Renny from Attention To Details. Use your regular glass cleaner. Then spray a microfiber w/ pure Isopryl Alchohol and wipe. Like I said, sounds weird but it really and truly does leave a totally streak free shine. I asked if this method was safe for tinted windows and he said he`s been doing that for years without a problem. Next time you are doing windows try this and see what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

Window Cleaning

I use "Green Cloth" and water, no chemicals. You may think this is crazy, but I am telling you it`s the most impressive cleaning tool for glass that I have ever used. It`s made from MiraFiber. This is NOT to be confused with microfiber. It is absolutely streak free, spot free, dust free, and lint free. It removes, film, dirt, oil, grease, fingerprints, dog nose prints, and provides a crystal clear finish. I have used a single sheet/cloth 13 1/2 x 15 1/2" to clean heavytree sap off of my sisters windows, rinsed it in a bucket of plain room temperature water beside the care and cleaned the entire car inside and out with just water. Its reusable,washasble in the washing machine, bleachable, and chemical free. It`s a little hard to believe until you try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my sprayway! Best window cleaner ive used and leaves it streak free everytime!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymountaindetail View Post
    Up til now I was using Stoner invisible glass. wipe on w/ 1 microfiber and use a dry one to buff off the streaking. works great

This is gonna sound weird but it definitely works the best I have seen. I learned this trick during my training w/ Renny from Attention To Details. Use your regular glass cleaner. Then spray a microfiber w/ pure Isopryl Alchohol and wipe. Like I said, sounds weird but it really and truly does leave a totally streak free shine. I asked if this method was safe for tinted windows and he said he`s been doing that for years without a problem. Next time you are doing windows try this and see what you think.
    does the ipa not clean enough to just use it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. View Post
    I love my sprayway! Best window cleaner ive used and leaves it streak free everytime!
    John, how do you use the Sprayway without it spraying everywhere? I do not like the lack of control that seems to go along with an aerosol spray. But I`m probably not using it correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the first time I used it I did get it everywhere. When in a garage its not as bad but since now we have so much crap I have to be outside. So usually what I do, besides spraying it in the middle is take my micro fiber and kind of make a blockade between the paint and the window.

However, the time I did get some overspray on the car I didnt notice anything wrong. Ill have to look into that part though.

But yeah I just kind of hold my towel blocking it and that seems to be working fine. Even with the trouble of the aresol can I just love the product so much and it doesnt streak so I just ignore the crappy can

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. View Post
    I actually used this stuff today on a Jeep Wrangler to remove some bugs off the windshield, worked suprisingly well.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    I actually used this stuff today on a Jeep Wrangler to remove some bugs off the windshield, worked suprisingly well.
    I like Sprayway too.

I`ve found that, regardless of what glass cleaner I use, buffing it with a cleaning dry microfiber after cleaning, will clean off any of the remaining film.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best tip I can offer is to get a Wife. When mine is available she is invaluable in helping me spot "hidden" streaks in glass as well as other "spots" around the vehicle.

As for a specific cleaning product, I`ve used a number of glass cleaners over the decades and I`ve yet to find one that I could call the greatest. Most of the brand names and a "homebrew" all seem to clean pretty well. Be prepared to make more than a single pass with multiple towels.

Speaking of towels, I have switched over to using blue huck towels. I still have a stack of glass specific MF towels purchased over the years. They are mostly relegated to mirror duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I like Invisible Glass and Sprayway. Cleaning them out of direct sunlight seems to help with the streaking problem.
    IME cleaning glass in direct sunlight will almost certainly result in streaking. Down here for most of the year, that is a sure recipe for your cleaner to evaporate before it has a chance to do its work. Pulling into the sunlight for final inspection is a good tool for catching existing streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    John, how do you use the Sprayway without it spraying everywhere? I do not like the lack of control that seems to go along with an aerosol spray. But I`m probably not using it correctly.
    I agree Sprayway and the aerosol version of SIG is just too messy to be used in the vehicle. They are good cleaners, but not great enough to overcome that shortcoming for my use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I`ve found that, regardless of what glass cleaner I use, buffing it with a cleaning dry microfiber after cleaning, will clean off any of the remaining film.
    +1

Any good window cleaner will work IMO. The key is having a second clean, dry towel to follow up with just before the cleaner evaporates away.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll post something up that no one has.

I use and am VERY happy with Prima`s Clarity coupled with a Paradise Glass towel. I`ve tried lots and found nothing easier. I used to hate cleaning glass and now it`s no big deal.

My 2 cents!

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information