Post Thanks / Like

Interior Steamed

I see a lot of articles about hot water extractors and different chemicals. Now how about using a steam cleaner like the VX 5000 commercial vapor system. Has anyone in the forum used or considered using this machine. I`ve seen an advertisement for it on Attention To Details detailing school in CA.

Post Thanks / Like
    I own and use this steamer. I did replace most of the interior cleaning chemicals that I used, it did not replace my extractor though. I still need the power of the extractor to remove the grime in the carpets. I use the steamer under the hood with great results and no mess on the ground. Works great on jambs too. Hope this helps.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dan O for your input. Seems like you aren`t using the steamer to it`s full potential. I`ve seen a steamer clean the headliner, dash, complete interior including carpet. It seems strange that you would use the steamer for just cleaning door jams and engines.

I was also hoping to hear more from other people before I get one,

Post Thanks / Like
    I just returned from Boise Id. I went through training with Renny Doyle of ATTENTION TO DETAILS. I did train with this steamer and am definitely buying one. I worked on a really trashed pickup that was gone, gone, gone. I am an owner of a Mytee Lite extractor and was absolutely blown away by the performance of the steamer. It far outdid anything I have ever seen. I used it for the entire interior, dash, all hard plastics, headliner, seats, and carpets. This thing not only does a better job than what I was doing previously, but works faster and easier. Gets into nooks and crannies that you`d be all day trying to clean. The steamer isn`t cheap and I was wondering if I could afford to buy one, but after seeing it in action myself I can`t NOT afford to buy this. I`ll be ordering mine monday morning!!

if you decide to order one tell him Rich from Rocky Mountain Detail sent you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen this steamer in use, it is great. However, I have yet to see it work better than an extractor on heavy soiled carpets. A steamer and extractor are two tools, they cannot replace each other. You cannot go wrong with the VX5000 steamer, buy it from steam cleaners direct best price around.
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    do you recommend Renny`s steam dvd?

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg,

thanks for pointing out this is an addition to your arsenal, not a replacement for extractors. It does a great job on carpets if they are not too bad, but if someone pukes or spills milk, it`s extractor time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely recommend the DVD. I trained in person with him but have seen parts of the DVD and it`s the next best thing to being there with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Steam Cleaner

Thanks Rockymountaindetail for your input. I have Renny`s website listed in my favorites but, I didn`t know that he was in Boise ID. I thought he was either east coast or California. By watching his advertisement for the steam cleaner it just makes since to have one. I have to agree that steam-cleaners-direct.com has it listed at $695. Seems like a very good buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone actually purchased from Steam Cleaners Direct? Good experience. They "sound" good, but ya never know.

And on the Attention to Details site, they say that they made some special hose for the VX5000 Is that necessary?

Considering possibly picking one of these up!

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered one from ATTENTION TO DETAILS. I opted for the optional reinforced hose. It cost an extra $250. I guess if you were not using it everyday the regular hose would be fine but since Renny uses these steamers all the time I figured if anyone would know if it was really necessary it would be him. I`d rather cover my butt up front than wish I did later down the line since I plan to use this commercially and don`t want to replace parts if I can avoid it.

I did train on a machine with the upgraded hose and it was very well constructed.

Dtailed....if you want I can email you when I get mine, they said about 2 weeks. You are welcome to come up to Ogden and check it out, see what it can do real world. That`s what sold me , it would have been a harder sale if I was just going off what people said. Seeing is believing!!

Thread Information