Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    Well, I just pulled the trigger on the 16oz 2-step Leatherique kit. Going to play with it on my new truck and see how it does.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! It`s really appreciated!

Nick
    I`ll be seriously surprised if you come away impressed using it on new leather. IME where it will stand out over your "regular" maintenance products is on older/neglected leather. As an example, right after I bought the 2-step "sytem" I tried it out on one of my own vehicles; a 13 y/o w/185k miles. I`ve owned this since new and have maintained it regularly. I was able to allow the RO for an extended period before removing with PC. I did not see all the dirt and body oils "flushed" to the surface. The difference in appearance and tactile feel was there, but perhaps only because I was looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by D!Tailed View Post
    Yeah, I was totally kidding on using them for leather. I have found them to be very helpful at times as well!

I originally found them useful when some kids tagged the white vinyl fence at my house with spray paint. It actually did a better job at removing it than a lot of the solvents I tried did!

I`ll have to keep my eye out for more Mr. Clean swag for ya!

:cornut:

D!
    I got the joke and knew you were kidding.

Yeah, unfortunately the supply of those t-shirts dried up. I think I`m down to my last 3 or so, and 1 of those I`ve cut the sleeves out of. If you see any, I`d appreciate a shout out. :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only used two:

Megulars all in one - left the seats slippery
    After more research, I settled on Four Star Leather Conditioner - water based, no oily slippery finish. Neutral impact to color. Nice "soft" leather scent that lasts a few days.

I was looking at Lexol but the smell seemed strange like Magnolia tree.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as the title says, whats the best out there now a days?

I tend to find something I like, and stick with it, ignoring all new products that come onto the market. Now that I`ve been using my latest conditioner for the last 8-10 years, I`d like to see what`s the best out there for "feel" and "protection". I really don`t care about cleaning, well I do, but I have other methods for that. I`m more interested in conditioners only.

Thanks,
    Nick
    I`ll let you know soon. I`m in the middle of doing a 5 way test and I`m getting some interesting results!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    ... I settled on Four Star Leather Conditioner - water based, no oily slippery finish. Neutral impact to color. Nice "soft" leather scent that lasts a few days.
    Are you using the polycharged version? I never noticed much of a lingering scent on mine, which is not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad i got cloth.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Glad i got cloth.
    You should just go ahead and rhino line your trucks exterior paint also

There`s nothing wrong with leather now a days.
    A few years ago, I absolutely refused to buy a vehicle with leather. My pockets can`t afford a vehicle with really nice leather in it, so what I could afford had cheap, hard, sticky, nasty leatherlike product on the seats. But in todays market, there are some really nice leathers out there, even on vehicle within my budget. Obviously the higher end vehicles have better leather. But the big 3 have come a long way with leather, a lot better than what was previously available. This new Colorado I bought has decent leather in it. It`s nothing like the Ferarri and Bentley leather, God I would absolutely kill to have some seats made out of Bentley leather But the Colorado leather is decent.

Dang, now I`m really wanting some Bentley Leather Man that stuff is just absolutely amazing Now I`m getting depressed

TOGWT
    Top-grain premium leather

The top 5mm (0.1969 ?inch) of the selected leather hide is used in ?premium? grade upholstery leather (the balance is used for other leather finishes, normally termed ?split-leather or by-cast) which is coated by first melting a type of glue on the surface, then rolling on a film of coloured polyurethane. This type of leather is also known as coated or covered.

Top-grain premium leather is mostly used in prestige European automobiles; Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lotus, Lexus and Rolls Royce, US Cadillac and high-end German automobiles such as Mercedes-Benz, Daimler AG and BMW. This is the market sector both Leatherequi and Connolly were originally formulated

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Are you using the polycharged version? I never noticed much of a lingering scent on mine, which is not.
    No. The scent is not very strong and may last a few days max depending on whether -- seems shorter when hotter.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I`ll let you know soon. I`m in the middle of doing a 5 way test and I`m getting some interesting results!!
    I`m curious to find out your results Fermani. Spill the beans!

Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as I have them I will. I applied the products a few weeks ago and I`ll probably wait a few months to make my final determination. Sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Optimum Protectant Plus lately on leather. It`s nice because it leaves a very natural look to the seats. Plus, you can use it on the dash, plastic. and other interior surfaces as well.
    David Strum
    Charlotte, NC

Finance during the week, finishes on the weekends.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a road trip down south to get the information from David soon. for myself I look to BLACKFIRE High-UV Leather Conditioner , The Leatherique Leather Rejuvination System, Leather Master`s , and Connolly Hide Food.:thumbup:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Looks like a road trip down south to get the information from David soon. for myself I look to BLACKFIRE High-UV Leather Conditioner , The Leatherique Leather Rejuvination System, Leather Master`s , and Connolly Hide Food.:thumbup:
    Zoom, I do believe you are the first person (that I know) that has used both the Leatherique and Leather Masters systems. Care to compare/contrast the two offerings? Also let us know which of the LM products you use (ie. soft or strong cleaner, protection or vital ... or all). If I understand their (LM)marketing theirs is more of a routine maintenance product with Vital possibly being in the "restoration" category. Am I reading them accurately?

Post Thanks / Like
    You should just go ahead and rhino line your trucks exterior paint also

There`s nothing wrong with leather now a days.
    A few years ago, I absolutely refused to buy a vehicle with leather. My pockets can`t afford a vehicle with really nice leather in it, so what I could afford had cheap, hard, sticky, nasty leatherlike product on the seats. But in todays market, there are some really nice leathers out there, even on vehicle within my budget. Obviously the higher end vehicles have better leather. But the big 3 have come a long way with leather, a lot better than what was previously available. This new Colorado I bought has decent leather in it. It`s nothing like the Ferarri and Bentley leather, God I would absolutely kill to have some seats made out of Bentley leather But the Colorado leather is decent.

Dang, now I`m really wanting some Bentley Leather Man that stuff is just absolutely amazing Now I`m getting depressed
    I just meant i like cloth over leather, personal preference, leather makes my back sweat for some reason.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leather Master was the 1st to introduce the first furniture, automotive and clothing leather care for the first time to the American Market back in the mid eightes ( 84?). The available leather formulas were mostly wax, silicone or solvent based. Leather Master contained the first user friendly formulas that were safe for all types of leather. These water-based, nontoxic, biodegradable, and dermatologically-safe products are also foolproof for anyone to use.
    All Leather Master products are manufactured in Montecchio Maggiore, Italy.
    Part of the wife`s family is from there also.
    All Leather are classifies according to cleaning codes and deck labels into the basic categories. (A)-ANILINE, NON-COATED, (P)-PROTECTED, COATE0 and (N)-NUBUCK and SUEDE.

(A)-ANILINE/NON-COATED: These leathers are colored with transparent dyes which enable you to see the actual grain and markings. To determine if the leather is unprotected, lightly scratch the surface to see if it reveals a lighter color, or if leather conditioners or water darken the hide.

(P)-PROTECTED/COATED: This type is also known as coated . These leathers have aspects of a natural finish, but more uniform in appearance.. The heavier pigments and finish do affect the softness and scent, so these leathers often don`t feel or smell like real leather.
    To determine if your leather is Protected, lightly scratch the surface to see if it leaves a lighter color, or if cleaners and conditioners remain on the surface. Liquids will not penetrate Protected leather.
    These types of leathers will also have a sheen or even shine.These leathers are more common in the automotive industry.

(N)-NUBUCK/SUEDE: Sometimes called Bomber type , this type of leather is actually an "Unprotected" finish that has been brushed.
    Nubuck leather will have a texture similar to velvet. If you move your hand across the surface, the nap will change appearance similar to vacuuming carpet. Liquids will darken this type of leather.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information