Post Thanks / Like

remove bad odors

is there any thing out there thats removes smoke ordors ? thanks

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes there is, It`s call a Ozone Machine. Works great for those tough odors.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

TOGWT
    Smoke
    Its molecules are microscopic and they exhibit a very strong adhesive quality; plus they don`t conform to normal cleaning standards. A solvent will not break there bond; a detergent will not suspend them for extraction. More than any other dour problem smoke removal is a process. You cannot eliminate odours by shampooing the interior, and/or spraying a deodorizer. Many odours are caused by micro-organisms such as bacteria, mould, and mildew.

It amazes me that even professionals still think they can eliminate odours by shampooing the interior, and spraying a deodorizer. Nothing is farther from the truth, technically, an odour is an invisible gas, and so it can permeate any material or crevice. Many odours are caused by micro-organisms such as bacteria, mould, and mildew. Not only does shampooing not eradicate these odours, it spreads them over a much wider area!

You eliminate dour-causing organisms with very specialized chemicals. Look for stains, if there are no stains, use the process of elimination; it is very effective when searching for the source of an odour; floor or seats, mats or carpet? If the vehicle has velour upholstery, a spill can penetrate on contact. If it is vinyl or leather, it will run to the deepest seam. The most important aspect of removing (as opposed to using a product that will cover it, only for the dour to return later on) or at the very least mitigating an offensive door is that you must find and remove its origin.

If you thoroughly clean the interior and it still smells you have not removed the material which is generating the smell. You can use an ozone machine, steam / extractor, scrub, and vacuum etc but if you do not remove the origin the smell will remain. Always check the following; cabin air filter, ac condensate pan and drain pipe smells and odours

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Febereeze Automotive for mild odor removal, but for really bad odors I reach for M23 Odor Eliminator.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    I have searched high and low for methods to remove smoke, that is a tough particlate to remove. I ran across some stuff called Vamoose, have yet to try it. There is also another called Dakota smoke Odor bomb for smoke, that seems to do a great job.

I would post links to these but found that these links get removed because the sponsor of this forum? So much for the truth?

Cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine used and Ozone machine and said it worked very well.

Back in the 60`s and 70`s people drove with their windows down (sometime in the past couple of decades, I guess they didn`t like the wind and traffic noise.... anyway...) I bought a 1981 Monte Carlo in the 90`s. Previous owner was a smoker.

I drove that car all spring, summer and fall with the windows down. When I rolled them up in late November..... the smell was virtually gone!

(BTW...I still drive with the windows down!:thumbup
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try AtmosKlear, it was like $16 a bottle but well worth it. Previous owner smoked with windows up, I sprayed everything with that stuff and it virtually eliminated the smell. Only smell lift is in the seats where I cant get...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Altimazzz View Post
    Try AtmosKlear, it was like $16 a bottle but well worth it. Previous owner smoked with windows up, I sprayed everything with that stuff and it virtually eliminated the smell. Only smell lift is in the seats where I cant get...
    Thanks.... I`ll keep that in mind. Sometimes you don`t have 6 months to drive with the windows down to get rid of an odor!!!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Altimazzz View Post
    where could i find this product... can`t lose the smell of dog pee...HELP!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Yes there is, It`s call a Ozone Machine. Works great for those tough odors.
    We have air cleaners in the house (Living Air) that produce O3 with a high voltage grid...is this what you are refering to?

You can "bomb" a room with one of these by cranking up the ozone level and shutting the door and leave the machine on a few hours. After that the room smells super fresh and clean. Never used in a car tho...
    Dave - confirmed egotist

Auto Detailing - Cuz you want to be noticed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    Its bee almost a year since I used it, not sure where I ordered it from, my advice is to just type it in on Google or Yahoo, they will show you the way...

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s one you should google: Ozone Generators........How`s that.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    I`ve got the same problem. My dog decided she had to pee just a couples after we left a rest stop for a potty break, on the rear bench seat of my truck. I tried a few products but none of them seemed to work. Finally I went to an auto upholstery shop (three of them) and they all said the same thing. They said that I probably got the smell out of the cloth but because it`s a foam bench, that the odor is trapped in there and that the only choice I had was for them to take out the seat, take off the cloth cover and spray the foam and wash it several times. All of that for the price of 250. I`ll have to see if I can just do it myself and save myself the money. Let me know if you find a solution for the pee smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Here`s one you should google: Ozone Generators........How`s that.
    While I love this kind of info, I`ve been scorned by the admin of TID for posting links........is there a change of thought?

Cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

TOGWT
    Pet stains and odours- Enzyme is specially formulated using enzyme`s (you wouldn`t have guessed ) action to eliminate odours caused by pet urine or vomit to digest the stains and odours left behind by pet urine and faeces. (PETsMART)

But (don`t you just hate it when thye say "But") if its penerated the foam you will need to clean / replace

Thread Information