Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Question Glass - removing microfiber lint

I used 2 Vroom mf glass cloths (one wet, one dry) to clean the glass (inside and out) on my Jetta SW last night...glass looked real clean, but it was getting dark when I finished.
    This morning, my glass is covered with mf lint...very noticeable when driving

Obviously, I need to get some different mf cloths, or try a different method all together.
    What`s the best way to remove the mf lint? Will different mf cloths actually remove this lint or just spread it around more?

Thanks-
    Mike

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Mike and here`s a thread that was started: http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/sh...=towel+washing, hope this help you out.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you wash all of the used towels together?

Meaning combining towels that were used for different polishes, waxes and other cleaners used on the car ...and wash them in one load.
    Any worries with cross contamination?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the replies and the advice on how to wash MF cloths...I`m planning on getting new ones and washing them the right way before use.

but my question remains:
    Will new MF glass cloths (assuming properly washed) remove the old MF lint that is on my windows? Or is there something else I should use to remove it?

Thanks-
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, glass cleaning with MF`s has always been a PITA for me. It seems like no matter what kind of MF I use, or how I wash it, I always leave MF lint behind. The only exception to this is when I use a Waffle Weave style MF towel. The WW MF is really meant to be used as a drying towel, but it works wonderfully on glass and doesn`t leave lint behind.

I also like to use Stoner Invisible Glass pre-treated wipes. They leave zero lint behind and do a very good job cleaning glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve NEVER had any lint using a Paradise Glass Cleaning Microfiber and Prima Clarity.

I have used lots of other stuff, but nothing beats that combination IMHO.

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    My MF glass towels stay lint-free as long as I don`t wash them with my other MF`s.

I have maybe 10 glass MF towels and when 5 or 6 of them are dirty, I just wash them in the sink with liquid tide, wring out, and hang them over the shower rod to dry.

So they are never in the washer or dryer where they could pick up lint from other towels.

It seems to work... (BTW, I use Sprayway Glass Cleaner. I think it is the best, streak-free glass cleaner on the market. Even better than Stoner IG!)
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    It seems to work... (BTW, I use Sprayway Glass Cleaner. I think it is the best, streak-free glass cleaner on the market. Even better than Stoner IG!)
    I used to think the same thing until I switched to the Meg`s Detailer Line Glass Cleaner.

THEN I found Prima Clarity. Nothing else I have EVER used is as easy to use or as streak free!

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D!Tailed View Post
    I used to think the same thing until I switched to the Meg`s Detailer Line Glass Cleaner.

THEN I found Prima Clarity. Nothing else I have EVER used is as easy to use or as streak free!

D!
    Sounds like a winner. Where do you buy?
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Costco`s 36-pack MF

My MF glass towels stay lint-free as long as I don`t wash them with my other MF`s.

I have maybe 10 glass MF towels and when 5 or 6 of them are dirty, I just wash them in the sink with liquid tide, wring out, and hang them over the shower rod to dry.

So they are never in the washer or dryer where they could pick up lint from other towels.

I just opened the new package and tried a towel on a mirror in the house.
    The bag says LINT FREE but I see lots of lint on my mirror of wiping the mirror using Windex. What`s the deal..is it because it is the cheaper version of MF towel?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyn View Post
    I just opened the new package and tried a towel on a mirror in the house.
    The bag says LINT FREE but I see lots of lint on my mirror of wiping the mirror using Windex. What`s the deal..is it because it is the cheaper version of MF towel?
    Are you talking about Glass specific microfiber like this:

or the stuff that you buy at Costco like this:

One is VASTLY better than the other for glass...

=)

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like

I got the same yellow ones from the second picture.

Mine came in 36 pack instead of the 24 pack in your picture though.
    If I can see lint on the mirror than it will be seen on my black car for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyn View Post
    Mine came in 36 pack instead of the 24 pack in your picture though.
    If I can see lint on the mirror than it will be seen on my black car for sure.
    Hey Tony.... you will want to wash those Microfibers before you use them. You shouldn`t have linting issues with the Costco towels after washing.

There are different MF`s that are designed specifically for glass, they have a slicker finish, like the blue ones shown above.

AND..............Don`t forget to remove the TAGS before you use them on the paint!!!!!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bill..I will wash them with Purple Power like you

Hey Tony.... you will want to wash those Microfibers before you use them. You shouldn`t have linting issues with the Costco towels after washing.

There are different MF`s that are designed specifically for glass, they have a slicker finish, like the blue ones shown above.

AND..............Don`t forget to remove the TAGS before you use them on the paint!!!!!
    had recommended. I was able to pick up a gallon from Kragen`s and I will do a mix of 50/50 to do the wheels/wheel wells also.
    How much should I put in the washing machine for the towels again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    That will go a long way to help your problem. Not only taking care of lint, but removing any contaminants from the manufacturing/packaging/handling process.

I have found good success adding white vinegar in the rinse cycle.

Another toweling option for glass cleaning is the "huck" towel. I`ve got a dozen or so glass specific MF towels, but more often than not I reach for the blue huck. I buy them a dozen at at time from a local janitorial supply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information