Post Thanks / Like

Tornador Gun for Interior Cleaning

Does anyone on the forum have any input on these? I have been looking at them and they look like a very nice tool for interior cleaning.

I know they have been out for a while now but seem to be getting more popular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL65jjfH4Xc

Any forum input???

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at them at Detail Fest. I asked what was required in terms of a compressor to power one, and they didn`t know - guess I`ll have to reasearch it. The only concern I have is has anyone had issues with them getting moisture in places that shouldn`t get wet (behind switches, etc...)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Does anyone on the forum have any input on these? I have been looking at them and they look like a very nice tool for interior cleaning.

I know they have been out for a while now but seem to be getting more popular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL65jjfH4Xc

Any forum input???
    hey guys i have been using this tool for quite some time so i guess ill give you an honest review of it! well here its is!

this tool can be very effective in many areas! i notice i have been using it more and more over the last year! i think i paid like $129.00 dollars for it! it came with the tool and automagics tornado interior cleaner. i am not a fan of that interior cleaner. automagic recomends that you use this chemical or any warrenty will be discharged! i have been using meg. apc 4 to 1 in it and it works good! this tool will kill about as much air as running a da! i have it hooked up to a 80 compressor so im good! pretty much its like opening the airline and letting it rip!! lots of air! the trick with this tool is in the funnel! see enclosed pic!

air comes out at compressed power which on turns makes the straw spin around the outer porton of the funnel while dispersing the chemical threw the straw! this in turns generates a tornado affect on chemical! this can be controlled by air and chemical ratio in the valve. see pic

this tool is my new goto tool for a lot of uses. i use from headliners to all interior trims pieces to cup holder truthfully almost anything really it works wonders on blasting carpets and cloth seats. it leaves the cloth or carpeted surface nearly dry in seconds which is huge! the only real down fall i have noticed is it leaves a mist in the air! hard to exspain but its wierd luckily i have shop equipped with a wall fan to remove this! all in all this tool is highly recomended by me. it seems the more i use it the more i love it! i think its a valuble tool in any detailers arsenal! it dosen;t beat good ole fashioned scrubbung but it is a great product! hopefully this helps! here is a label picture!

goodluck! the cheapest i found this product is from dealergoodies.com

Post Thanks / Like
    nice review of the Tornado. i think Autogeeks have them for a 100.00 right now if you are a vip. you did not say anything on the electronics. have you had any problem getting electronics wet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one as well, but I wanted to do it for less so I searched around and found one that didn`t have the bottle attachment.

It`s cool for the nooks and crannies. I spray a fine mist of apc on the area I am working and then run the tornador over it with a microfiber to catch the liquid and dirt.

I don`t remember where I got mine, but a quick search for "Tornador Air Blow Out Tool" and I found it. It`s like $60 without the bottle.

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    They were on special last week for like $99 from one of the online retailers, yet i still couldn`t pull the trigger on one. I don`t know why *shrugs*

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys. I ended up picking one up. I will let you know what I think of it after I give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I ended up picking one up. I will let you know what I think of it after I give it a try.
    Look forward to that, Pat. I`ve been wanting to see more of it in action. Been on the fence for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364 View Post
    Look forward to that, Pat. I`ve been wanting to see more of it in action. Been on the fence for a long time.
    Are you coming around on interiors now Brandt? You despise interiors, you would rather be kicked in the crotch.

cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Are you coming around on interiors now Brandt? You despise interiors, you would rather be kicked in the crotch.

cheers,
    GREG
    I think what I said was "...rather pound them flat with a rubber mallet..." but close enough.

But yeah.... after doing a bunch of work on the Sequoia and "bee interiors, I`m thinking of adding it to the detailing menu.

Post Thanks / Like

tornador

I use this thing daily. I really like the tool. I bury it in caked carpets next to the extractor & "double gun" carpet like crazy. Also i "modded" mine. I thought a quick change bottle would be nice. The bottle it came with is ok but at 8 bucks for another one i passed. We ALL use quart spray bottles...right? I took the tornador off of the bottle cap, then took apart a spray top...then I soaked the spray top thread (I`ll call it cap)in hot water. Then took the "cap" and forced the solution stem piece of the tornador on it...you see it is a threaded piece w/ a nut...wish i had a pic. So i went to the napa store & got tygon fuel hose & a small hose clamp of the spring variety...as all the spray bottle pick up hoses were cracking splitting etc. I keep this thing in my bucket and can switch bottles easily. it does create a vapor so use in well vetilated areas or wear repirator or turn on fans etc. After cleaning an engine, I put on a bottle of dressing & do magic under the hood...yeah yeah you can spray and coat evrything with a sprayer I do that too, but this thing really focuses and economizes the product. i have even used wheel cleaner with it! those last minute, wish ida got w/ pressure washer spots...dont wanna get the car wet...you know? I`ll get you some pics.... i gotta go to work

Thread Information