Post Thanks / Like

Synthetic leather

Good morning all!!

I just took ownership of a new 2022 Kia Telluride S and I have a few questions.

1. The seats are Synthetic leather so what would be the best product to use to keep them looking new for years to come?

2. The interior soft touch materials and plastics...can I just use a interior dressing on them?

3. What would be a good ceramic coating to use? Something that is forgiving but lasts longer than a year. Also Something that is good for exterior trim, windows and wheels...if applicable.

Excuse all the questions as I haven`t professionally detailed in over 15 years so I`m a little out of the game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin
    Likes Stokdgs, Old Pirate liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Synthetic leather

Quote Originally Posted by IAFF78 View Post
    Good morning all!!

I just took ownership of a new 2022 Kia Telluride S and I have a few questions.

1. The seats are Synthetic leather so what would be the best product to use to keep them looking new for years to come?

2. The interior soft touch materials and plastics...can I just use a interior dressing on them?

3. What would be a good ceramic coating to use? Something that is forgiving but lasts longer than a year. Also Something that is good for exterior trim, windows and wheels...if applicable.

Excuse all the questions as I haven`t professionally detailed in over 15 years so I`m a little out of the game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin
    Hello, Kevin, Hope this 2nd day of the New Year is great !

Congrats on the new ride ! Looks great in the pics I see..

For All the interior plastics, including the seats which are also a version of plastic, I would use a proven, great, never harmed anything product like Nextzett Cockpit Premium..Here -- Nextzett Cockpit Premium - 500 ml

This product is what I have used on hundreds of Clients for over 15 years, and it has always been perfect, even for those very delicate, clear, plastic, gauges, the Nav screens, etc., this product with Only a perfectly soft, no embedded anything, microfiber, has always left great results..

Yes, there are a zillion other products out there, but I prefer to use known, proven, made in Europe products when possible.. They just work, and never harm anything I have used them on..

All seats, real leather or not, will always benefit from just keeping them free of any dust, dirt, tiny particles, that will get down in the creases and cause problems if they are really hard, and keep grinding on the surfaces long enough to cause tiny tears that will get worse over time..

How exciting to have a new Suv !!!
    Dan F
    Likes dgage, IAFF78, John U liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use P&S Express for an interior cleaner. I use a Connolly Hide Care for cleaning leather. And I use Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Coating for protecting interior surfaces. I like it because I can use it on the entire soft and hard interior bits other than fabric/carpet.

EDIT - I read paint coating but you’re referring to a leather coating. I’ll leave the paint since I wrote it. Another leather coating that The Guz recommends a lot is Colourlock, which also has a series of cleaners. I like the Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Coating since I can use it on the dash and door panels and you did mention synthetic leather. If it were real leather, I might go Colourlock but even then, Pinnacle is good.

There are a TON of PAINT coatings out there and even more spray sealants/coatings that are easy to use but last about 6 months depending on environment. If I were to recommend one coating it would be CQuartz UK 3.0 as it has the longest, best track record of any consumer coating and can easily last a year and maybe two depending on how the car is taken care of. Even longer if garaged. Cquartz UK 3.0 can be used on wheels and trim but many use DLUX instead. Glass is a little harder to figure out.

But you also need to figure out if you want to do a lot of work once every 12-24 months or touch the car more often and use a simpler product. Many decide to use a spray sealant such as Griot’s 3-in-1 Ceramic every 4-6 months so they can DO something with their car and address any scratches or other issues that might come up. You actually may save time doing a sealant 3 times a year vs doing a coating once every 18 months. Protection would be similar as long as you use the sealant every 6 months.

Ultimately though the longevity of whatever you use and how the paint will look is up to how you take care of the paint. If you use swirl-o-magic automatic car washes, don’t expect the paint to stay defect free. This comment isn’t necessarily for you, more the forum, since you were a pro, which I’ve never been.

Congrats on the new SUV and welcome back to detailing, at least for a little bit.
    Likes IAFF78 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs - I have the Nextsett Deep Plastic Cleaner in my cart that you recommended, I guess I’ll have to add the interior detailer too to try since I don’t have a detailer, I’ve been diluting P&S Express.
    Likes Stokdgs, craigdt, IAFF78 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coloulock leather shield and their mild leather cleaner for when you need to clean them. After 3 years incorporate the leather protector into your regiment.

Sure you can use any dressing you prefer or it can be as simple as an interior quick detailer.

Look into Gyeon CanCoat. The new Evo version is starting to become available. It is now a 1 year coating and super easy to work with. Only place it is not recommended by Gyeon is on the front glass. But there are some good products dedicated for the glass such as P&S Vue.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Stokdgs, IAFF78 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Stokdgs - I have the Nextsett Deep Plastic Cleaner in my cart that you recommended, I guess I’ll have to add the interior detailer too to try since I don’t have a detailer, I’ve been diluting P&S Express.
    I need to look into this as well- its been awhile since I`ve seen such a rave review!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Hello, Kevin, Hope this 2nd day of the New Year is great !

Congrats on the new ride ! Looks great in the pics I see..

For All the interior plastics, including the seats which are also a version of plastic, I would use a proven, great, never harmed anything product like Nextzett Cockpit Premium..Here -- Nextzett Cockpit Premium - 500 ml

This product is what I have used on hundreds of Clients for over 15 years, and it has always been perfect, even for those very delicate, clear, plastic, gauges, the Nav screens, etc., this product with Only a perfectly soft, no embedded anything, microfiber, has always left great results..

Yes, there are a zillion other products out there, but I prefer to use known, proven, made in Europe products when possible.. They just work, and never harm anything I have used them on..

All seats, real leather or not, will always benefit from just keeping them free of any dust, dirt, tiny particles, that will get down in the creases and cause problems if they are really hard, and keep grinding on the surfaces long enough to cause tiny tears that will get worse over time..

How exciting to have a new Suv !!!
    Dan F
    I use these same product and use them all. I love the Leather&Vinyl for all interior. I do use Gyeon Leathershield for my vinyl seats in chevelle and LeatherCoat for my Aniline in the Camaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For these Synthetic leather seats I always been using Colourlock artificial leather cleaner and then topping it off with Colourlock Protector for Artificial Leather for years with great results.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes PearTree, tom p., Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will be taking delivery of a new bmw with sensafin, aka synthetic/vegan/fake leather that’s a light, almost white color. Any thoughts on Gyeon leather shield?

Thread Information