Post Thanks / Like

Help With Mercedes Seat Repair/Maintenance

Hi All,
    I have a 2015 MB C300 and recently the "leather" (I don`t think MB uses real leather unless you have ventilated seats, right?) seat started to get some small rips. They do not go all the way through the material, and are starting to show up in multiple locations on the lower seat cover.

Two questions:
    1. Is there any way to glue or repair the small cracks/rips?
    2. How do I condition the leather to prevent more from appearing?

Thanks in advance. I`m excited to learn a lot more about car care and detailing tricks here.
    Pete

Here are a few pictures as they offer far more detail than words:
    Help With Mercedes Seat Repair/Maintenance-seat-rips-1.jpg Help With Mercedes Seat Repair/Maintenance-seat-rips-2.jpg

Help With Mercedes Seat Repair/Maintenance-seat-rips-3.jpg Help With Mercedes Seat Repair/Maintenance-seat-rips-4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help With Mercedes Seat Repair/Maintenance

Hi Pete, there`s really nothing you can do to prevent this other then install seat covers. No leather conditioner will prevent this.
    You can have just that one section replaced. I have a guy that does this for me for $125. He`s very good about blending to match. Check your area for upholstery shops and welcome to autopia

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh.. that`s what I was afraid the answer would be.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that`s a fairly minor repair. Look for the mobile guy that works on that sort of re-conditioning.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mercedes uses real leather and also, a vinyl called MB-Tex, and I believe later called Artico, or something like that.
    Their real leather is beautiful and is also on all the door panels even the top of the dashboard..
    I think as you go up in the Class designation, like to the E Series, those might come in all leather anyway..
    In my experiences, the higher letter class Mercedes Benz vehicles I have Detailed were all leather interiors..
    Did something sharp get pushed into that part of your seat that caused it to tear there?
    Like a pen, keys, etc..?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Mercedes uses real leather and also, a vinyl called MB-Tex, and I believe later called Artico, or something like that.
    Their real leather is beautiful and is also on all the door panels even the top of the dashboard..
    I think as you go up in the Class designation, like to the E Series, those might come in all leather anyway..
    In my experiences, the higher letter class Mercedes Benz vehicles I have Detailed were all leather interiors..
    Did something sharp get pushed into that part of your seat that caused it to tear there?
    Like a pen, keys, etc..?
    Dan F
    Good questions. I believe my car has MB-Tex. The two corners these are appearing are from wear and tear. The fabric is stressed at those corners and, over time, has started to cause small stress rips. There are 3 or so in each front corner of the bottom cushion of the driver`s seat.

I`lll try to reach out to the MB dealer or the mobile repair person that Tom P. referenced.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteKw View Post
    Good questions. I believe my car has MB-Tex. The two corners these are appearing are from wear and tear. The fabric is stressed at those corners and, over time, has started to cause small stress rips. There are 3 or so in each front corner of the bottom cushion of the driver`s seat.

I`lll try to reach out to the MB dealer or the mobile repair person that Tom P. referenced.
    Yes, call the MB dealer, they should, like all dealers I have ever known, have a guy/s that come out and specialize in fixing things quickly and perfectly at their dealership..

Perhaps, if this is/was a chronic issue for that year seat, etc., there may be a TSB or something from the factory for that year that already has a solution for this if it is caused by stress of being pulled, etc...Wouldn`t that be nice to get it fixed for free..

Heck, I would ask their service dept manager to look at it, and see if he would fix it as a "one time goodwill, service" for your Mercedes Benz.. Good luck with this..
    Dan F

Thread Information