wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Leather Honey Conditioner...

Someone on facebook made a post praising Leather Honey. He owns a 4th gen Fbody which are notorious for having cardboard leather seats. So I figured that since this was a family owned business, I`d give the product a try.

This product looks like a clear syrup. It`s suggested to soak it in warm water for a few minutes to thin it out a bit. I`m not sure of the ingredients. It isn`t like oily neatsfoot based products. They suggest application with a microfiber towel but I found that on auto leather it was easier to apply with a small foam applicator. I applied it in 50 degree weather and let it sit overnight.

It does soften coated leather. The surface felt a bit tacky so I sprayed some Zaino Z9 leather cleaner on a mf and buffed the excess off. I think this product would work even better if applied on a warmer day. It really doesn`t take much product. I`d guess maybe half as much as an oil based product. Of course working on an uncoated leather would soak up more.

After doing some researching, this product gets tons of positive reviews on Amazon and in online articles.

I think the more mainstream leather conditioners by Zaino, Mothers, Duragloss and others work fine on newer auto leather or higher quality leather. But as the leather ages, some times a more intensive product is needed.
    Likes Coatings=crack, William_Wallace liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leather Honey Conditioner...

Good info

Post Thanks / Like

wannafbody:
    Who exactly is the manufacturer of this Leather Honey and where are they located?
    Where did you buy this product from?

I also wonder how this leather product compares to Colourlock`s Elephant Leather Preserver, which is designed for restoring and preserving older, stiff leathers and used by European museums for this purpose, according to the info with the product .
    GB detailer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s a small family business based near Detroit Michigan. I bought it on Amazon but it`s on ebay as well.

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Since 1968 | Leather Honey Leather Care

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    wannafbody:
    Who exactly is the manufacturer of this Leather Honey and where are they located?
    Where did you buy this product from?

I also wonder how this leather product compares to Colourlock`s Elephant Leather Preserver, which is designed for restoring and preserving older, stiff leathers and used by European museums for this purpose, according to the info with the product .

That Colourlock product is unique. I`m sure it`s quite good.

Thread Information