Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealing with the Corona Epidemic

Thoughts on dealing with the corona virus in car interiors? I detail my own cars and have a small weekend only detailing business. With the certified spread and contagious aspects of the virus, I`m likely to temporarily stop offering interior work for my own and family`s health.

Atleson Detailing Service
    FB - https://www.facebook.com/AtlesonDetailing/
    WEB - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/a...detailing/home
    Likes Stokdgs, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealing with the Corona Epidemic

I understand buying soap and hand sanitizers but can someone explain the hoarding of toilet paper, the virus does not give you the s****. The people flipping out and going crazy are the same type of people who would trample you if someone yelled fire in a building. I don’ get the majority of people. Only caring about themselves. People buying the face masks therefore causing a shortage for doctors and medical professionals who actually need them.
    Likes davidc, Stokdgs, Mary B, DAC17 liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish528 View Post
    I understand buying soap and hand sanitizers but can someone explain the hoarding of toilet paper, the virus does not give you the s****. The people flipping out and going crazy are the same type of people who would trample you if someone yelled fire in a building. I don’ get the majority of people. Only caring about themselves. People buying the face masks therefore causing a shortage for doctors and medical professionals who actually need them.
    The hoarding and irrational behavior does not help solve the problem. Interested in hearing others thoughts specific to dealing with the interior of cars? Still working on them, products/techniques to use, precautions to take?

Atleson Detailing Service
    FB - https://www.facebook.com/AtlesonDetailing/
    WEB - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/a...detailing/home
    Likes Mary B, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    Thoughts on dealing with the corona virus in car interiors? I detail my own cars and have a small weekend only detailing business. With the certified spread and contagious aspects of the virus, I`m likely to temporarily stop offering interior work for my own and family`s health.
    Is your family sickly folk? If not a few germs won`t hurt them
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree wholeheartedly. Having said that I have enough chicken noodle soup to feed an army now

Post Thanks / Like

Some sorta-random thoughts follow:

I figure the hoarding might be people who seldom stockpile necessities realizing that if they can`t/won`t go to the store weekly they`ll run out of certain things they don`t want to be without.

It`s easy to take this sort of thing either not seriously enough or overboard-paranoid. (I gotta take it somewhat seriously as my wife is in the "vulnerable" demographic, me far less so but... I don`t want to think about what to do with the dogs if we do get really sick either.)

Heh heh, IMO you *can`t* "get the majority of people" if only because so many folks seem to be ignorant/irrational/(functionally) stupid these days. IMO#2 the`re not really even "thinking of themselves" in the sense of rational self-interest!

Interiors: I would use either my UV Sterilizer or the Ozone machine first, but then that`s easy for *me* to say as I already have those. I`d sure add something to the bill, that UV thing takes forever.
    Likes Oneheadlite, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    The hoarding and irrational behavior does not help solve the problem. Interested in hearing others thoughts specific to dealing with the interior of cars? Still working on them, products/techniques to use, precautions to take?
    I`m pushing carpet shampooing and ozone treatments. People are freaking my out. Might as well monopolize

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s new interior detailer formula has Antimicrobial technology from a company called Microban in it. I doubt it does anything for Corona Virus, but perhaps I`m wrong.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

If I have to take the work, I would ask the potential Client/s if they have had the virus, or the common flu, or anyone in their immediate family, circle of friends has gotten it.

You have to protect yourself, and your family - first - and be as responsible as possible to not accidentally spread an infection to others..

If the virus as I learned about it does not have a very long "shelf life" on things, after asking the questions above and they were all not infected, I would not have a problem doing Interior work, using good common sense before and during the work..

If the Client/s show up sick, sweating, with all the symptoms of even the "regular" flu, well, I would have to re-schedule the work until they could tell me they are well..

Using gloves - a lot of them - never, ever, touching anything to your face, washing, washing, and then washing your hands again, whenever you stopped, and went inside, etc., have to do this..

I am sure that most good cleaners will work here, and the better ones will even clean better; so one has to be very thorough, clean every square inch of the Interior, and perhaps even charge a little more, because of the extra time, chemicals, risk, etc., involved..

You do not have to take the work - it will always be up to YOU...

What I see here in Northern California, is that about everything that has many people at one time in it, is closed, absolutely closed, until April -6th for now..

Dan F
    Likes SGM2008, Mary B, The Driver, Scrapyard liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Adam`s new interior detailer formula has Antimicrobial technology from a company called Microban in it. I doubt it does anything for Corona Virus, but perhaps I`m wrong.
    From what I quickly read about microban, it was designed for lucite acrylic surfaces.. What it does on a hard plastic surface is inhibit germs from growing on it, once they are on it.. I am not sure how long it is able to do this, before it is rubbed off by contact, etc...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. Having said that I have enough chicken noodle soup to feed an army now
    The Progresso Rich and Hearty Chicken and Homestyle Noodles Brand is especially delicious ! I add some On the Border Cantina Thins, Chips in there and oh, boy, soooo good !
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Bigfish528 --
    I dont understand these nutty people either ! What appears to be a part of it is that they are very ill-informed, and what they do use for information is absolutely nutty, wrong, and everything else that is bad..
    Perhaps the word "Pandemic" is a huge Trigger Word for them or something, I dont know..
    Maybe, they have to work all the time, and do not have any time left to look at several sources of the news, to get hopefully 1 well rounded opinion in their own minds, of how to deal with this....

It`s just nuts out there... I have no desire to ever get into that mess, and am ok with my inventory for awhile..
    I don`t even see on the news where people are storming the stores in countries that are much more in the impoverished category; perhaps I am missing something here ?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Bigfish528 --
    I dont understand these nutty people either ! What appears to be a part of it is that they are very ill-informed, and what they do use for information is absolutely nutty, wrong, and everything else that is bad..
    Perhaps the word "Pandemic" is a huge Trigger Word for them or something, I dont know..
    Maybe, they have to work all the time, and do not have any time left to look at several sources of the news, to get hopefully 1 well rounded opinion in their own minds, of how to deal with this....

It`s just nuts out there... I have no desire to ever get into that mess, and am ok with my inventory for awhile..
    I don`t even see on the news where people are storming the stores in countries that are much more in the impoverished category; perhaps I am missing something here ?
    Dan F
    Most people in my town just kind of have been shrugging this off, but 2 days ago the city announced schools would be closed for uh, 3 weeks? And The news said Disneyland was closed to the public and everyone panicked. And it was like a hoard of Locusts hit the stores. I expected the TP and water to be gone. NO bread, NO pasta, NO Top Ramen. Milk`s limited to 1 gallon per person. Because what`s better to hoard than a substance that has a relatively short shelf life lol. I saw no eggs, only a few scattered packages of tortillas. I wanted a cheap box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. That entire isle was bone dry.

In my 45 years I`ve never seen anything like it. I legit need TP, not to hoard, but to wipe my a**. I went to 5 stores and called 4 more. There is no TP in my city, like huuuh? The store up the street`s getting a shipment Monday, so I guess I gotta camp outside the store until the truck comes so I can wipe my damn butt. Even with limiting the TP to 3 per person. I have a feeling it`ll be gone in 30 minutes. People are literally losing their damn minds.

I think what you said about 3rd world countries not reacting like this is due to them having dealt with this, or worse plenty in their life. For the people in the US this is new, so all these fools are panicking and overreacting 10x. In a country where it`s maybe routine to not have access to sh*t on a normal day. I don`t think the Corona Virus will change how they are.

Since the store was out of Kraft I wanted to buy milk and make some from scratch. All they had was FAT FREE MILK

#1stworldproblems.

I`m not making light of Corona, it`s serious. But it`s funny and sad how just a few days ago the same people who were around me going "oh this isn`t as serious as the media says" are now in survival mode ready to fight over a bag of dry beans and some rice lol. Somebody got stabbed at a Winco by me over TP or food or something. American`s definitely are not equipped to deal with sh*t like this.

Post Thanks / Like

At least on this forum everyone seems to be calm and collected and educated just wish more people would follow. We will get through this.
    Likes Stokdgs, Oneheadlite, Mary B liked this post

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information