Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealing with the Corona Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Eggs... my observation is that any staple good that keeps well is in high demand. The theory being that every trip to the grocery store is a risk, so anything that keeps well such as eggs, flour, TP, is good to get a bunch of and maybe skip a future trip to the store.
    I`d say that`s the answer, eggs keep a long time compared to some things.

The math on this whole Covid-19 is really bad. The consensus seems to be that the social distancing will work, along with being out of "cold and flu" season (which according to the experts actually DOES have something to do with the warmer weather and longer daylight hours doing natural UV sterilization), and that the whole thing will taper off in a few months.

The problem is it will still be around, and will be raging in the southern hemisphere, ready to make a comeback in the fall. I don`t know if these were NJ numbers, but the estimate was that by the fall only 5% of the population will have gotten it, meaning that there will still be 95% susceptible, so here we go all over again. Hence the 24 month scenario I mentioned in an earlier post. At least in the next wave there should be plenty of masks, ventilators, field hospitals, and a lot more information on the bug.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I`d say that`s the answer, eggs keep a long time compared to some things.

The math on this whole Covid-19 is really bad. The consensus seems to be that the social distancing will work, along with being out of "cold and flu" season (which according to the experts actually DOES have something to do with the warmer weather and longer daylight hours doing natural UV sterilization), and that the whole thing will taper off in a few months.

The problem is it will still be around, and will be raging in the southern hemisphere, ready to make a comeback in the fall. I don`t know if these were NJ numbers, but the estimate was that by the fall only 5% of the population will have gotten it, meaning that there will still be 95% susceptible, so here we go all over again. Hence the 24 month scenario I mentioned in an earlier post. At least in the next wave there should be plenty of masks, ventilators, field hospitals, and a lot more information on the bug.

You really think there will be the number or masks, ventilators, field hospitals, and info needed to fight a second, third, and fourth wave? Honestly, I don`t see public access to masks happening within the next six months.

Post Thanks / Like

There are surgical masks (non-N95) available on Amazon right now. Most have shipping dates in early May (better than nothing) and some are available right now.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are still freaking my out I see.
    Did you know that the CDC estimates 48 million people get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die from foodborne diseases each year in the United States. CDC provides estimates for two major groups of foodborne illnesses – known pathogens and unspecified agents.

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    That dudes mask looks like a set of panties!!!

Post Thanks / Like

*my ^. fire tablet threw that in there as a bonus word!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I was already thinking April Fools on the product name (particularly when said in an Aussie accent), the "facemasks" just added to it.

Still funny either way.
    Likes Stokdgs, bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did you know that the CDC estimates 48 million people get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die from foodborne diseases each year in the United States. CDC provides estimates for two major groups of foodborne illnesses – known pathogens and unspecified agents..

Heh heh, you lost me! Are you saying the COVID-19 isn`t all that serious because of the specs on food-borne illnesses? If so, COVID-19 is infinitely harder to avoid...

[Accumulator has had *SERIOUS* food poisoning and doesn`t take it lightly.]
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    You really think there will be the number or masks, ventilators, field hospitals, and info needed to fight a second, third, and fourth wave? Honestly, I don`t see public access to masks happening within the next six months.
    https://www.nj.com/news/j66j-2020/04...l-station.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

You do realize that that is one specific case, right? What you see will be needed in almost every US city with a population over at least 250,000 people (if not less)... there are a lot of those cities in the US, worst case scenario. We can minimize the impact though, if every one wakes up and becomes strategic.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you know that the [FONT="]CDC estimates 48 million people get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and [/FONT][FONT="]3,000[/FONT] die from foodborne diseases each year in the United States. CDC provides estimates for two major groups of foodborne illnesses – known pathogens and unspecified agents.

No, it`s a THONG over his face ...
    Dan F

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    I was already thinking April Fools on the product name (particularly when said in an Aussie accent), the "facemasks" just added to it.

Still funny either way.
    gorram, Yes, I heard that too.. Those 2 words in an Aussie accent are hilarious ! This IS an April Fools Joke..
    No one wears a Thong on their face either..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

That was a great April fools joke y`all! With the pandemic going on I forgot all about it this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    You do realize that that is one specific case, right? What you see will be needed in almost every US city with a population over at least 250,000 people (if not less)... there are a lot of those cities in the US, worst case scenario. We can minimize the impact though, if every one wakes up and becomes strategic.
    They are setting up 4 field hospitals here in NJ. I`m just saying it IS being done, I can`t say it will be enough. We are estimated to be short about 1750 beds, a lot better than New York.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread Information