Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealing with the Corona Epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Lonnie, I believe your mind to be a very interesting place.
    As Captain Cliche (AKA Captain Obvious) quotes: "Desperate times require desperate measures".
    in reference to animal veterinarians being utilized to take of infected humans due the huge impact on our nation`s healthcare system.
    (Gee, Captain Obvious, isn`t "confusion" and "stupor" one of the symptoms of having CoVID2... just say`!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder whether the Pandemic will get people to take their Health & Fitness more seriously. I sure wouldn`t want an age-typical Immune System these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t want to be the negative nancy on this, but healthy people are succumbing to this
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Don`t want to be the negative nancy on this, but healthy people are succumbing to this

Please forgive me for sounding like an a**, but thank you for finally realizing this.

In all transparency, everyone needs continue preparing for future events. Here is a link for making masks for yourself and loved ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVk12sFRkY Please do not go buy as many HEPA rated vacuum bags as you can, one bag should yield multiple filters; combined with the *sanitization* guidelines previously posted, these filters should last multiple uses. Do not rush to buy double sided tape either, a roll or two per household. We need to start being really creative in protecting ourselves. The impact to the US is going to get much worse within the next few weeks to couple of months, be prepared to thrive, not just survive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I think a big disservice has been done to everyone by how much focus was put on "Oh, it`s only people over 60 that need to worry."

It`s a virus. Especially with how rapidly it`s progressed, it`s hard to know exactly how it will affect the different demographics. By emphasizing the effect it`s had on the elderly, it`s left younger folks (who generally have feelings of immortality) thinking that there`s no way it will get them, or if it does "it`s just like the flu" and they`ll be fine.

I took no comfort in that notion when it was first starting to get around here. Then more time passes, and we find out when it hits a place with more age groups in a smaller area, gee - younger folks are getting it. (Disclaimer - I admit I haven`t dug out census info for Italy to check the ages of their population, but I`ve heard it mentioned that they have a largely older population). I`ve also taken no comfort in the idea of a vaccine - hopefully we can get there, but it doesn`t seem like we`re a finger snap away from having one...

One of the first 3 people in my county that got it was a 33 year old with no prior health issues.

Last part of my rant is how so many wave aside the potential severity of it by saying "it`s like the flu". Sure, for some it can be. For others, they`re left with lasting (life changing) after effects. I saw an article talking about how in China they`re finding post Covid patients having 20-30% reduction in lung capacity, and them getting winded after walking briskly.

I hope we can get ahead of this.

Also, the state of PPE for the people trying to save us is scary. My friend`s sister is an Anesthesiologist in Wisconsin - she has 4 face masks she has to cycle through. She just had to intubate her first confirmed Covid case the other day.

Ok, done now, sorry to vent.

Sorry, looks like I`ve been on the Negative Nancy bus as well...
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OHL -

Trying to stay our of these threads to maintain my own sanity these days but here`s a read on PPE if you have not seen this

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi.../#3d7e480d56d4

Been cooped up in the house forever , but have not been able to go outside for the last 3 days. I dont want to be out when there are unknown variables....like potentials seeders a few houses over. Neighbor a few houses over is having roofers / roofing work done. I guess they gotta make their money while the sun is shining. I just want to put Pink Placards saying, contractors, stay the F*CK Home and Slow the Spread.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I`ve also taken no comfort in the idea of a vaccine - hopefully we can get there, but it doesn`t seem like we`re a finger snap away from having one...

Sorry, looks like I`ve been on the Negative Nancy bus as well...
    I read an interview with someone from the CDC (apparently they have been excluded from the White House briefings, Fauci is NIH) who said this will be a 24-month ordeal (I presume that means 18 months for the vaccine development, and 6 months to make it and get people vaccinated...except for the anti-vaxxers).

Post Thanks / Like

gorram- Good on you for posting that Far Cough; alcohol can be murder on some interior surfaces (including lots of leathers).

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know whether the COVID-19 thing is somehow affecting the price of eggs?

They have plenty of `em in all my groceries, but they all have a limit on what you can purchase (ranging from 1-3 dozen, which sure won`t last us long) and the price has *skyrocketed* (more than doubled) compared to previously. What am I missing?

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes. Glad I pretty much don’t consume eggs regularly. I wonder how the prices at say, Walmart compare to the grocery store.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Was talking to a family member the other day. I believe a dozen was around 4.50 or so....at the local `mart. While one is to avoid the big box `marts, I suspect most local chains may have a slight -price gouge- and the big boxes have maintained their prices. Produce at my local marts have doubled 3 weeks ago !

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes, I haven`t been to Walmart (and don`t plan to go in the foreseeable), but I thought that the price going up to ~$2/doz. was bad! Guess I oughta count my lucky stars that it`s not worse.

Guess what got my attention was that 1) Easter`s coming and that usually means "cheap eggs" and 2) a few weeks ago it was Egg Wars here, with everybody chasing the competition to the lowest prices..like 57¢ (the one I remember, yeah, I stocked up but they go so fast..).

Thanks for the Reality Check Could sure be a lot worse...

Post Thanks / Like

I used to a lot of activity so I`ve branched out to the neighbors.
    I took the corded Flex out for it`s first buff of the year on the neighbors Escalade. I got to use the cordless Flex 80 on the small "rash" and tight areas around all the cladding. Zaino AIO was used and Optimum Polish II for random "rash". The Griots cordless was not to miss out.... I put a Griots glass polishing pad on it and "rubbed" on some RainX.

Yes, the chrome is peeling off the wheels but the paint really "pops" now. Time to go for a 15 mile+ ride on the trike with my wife.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eggs... my observation is that any staple good that keeps well is in high demand. The theory being that every trip to the grocery store is a risk, so anything that keeps well such as eggs, flour, TP, is good to get a bunch of and maybe skip a future trip to the store.

But maybe with the PPE shown in that Far Cough video, we can all be safe?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information