Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shop Vac hose upgrade question.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I dunno if a crevice tool is the thing for that. You might do better with something that, uhm..."rakes"/dislodges the hair like an upholstery attachment with rubber "fingers". But that won`t get into tight spots. Sometimes you can do those best with your hands, wearing latex/etc. gloves. I`ve also cut up a "Gonzo Pet Hair Sponge" and fitted the fragments to long sticks so I could reach down in tight spots and dislodge it. (Heh heh, dog-owner buys used vehicle and has to clean out previous owner`s doghair )
    Even the cabin filter was full of fur.

They have a separate SUV for hauling the dogs around. I believe it`s a GMC Envoy. The interior never really been cleaned.

I think the rear seats comes out without unbolting anything, which is a plus.

Gee, you`d need a pretty small attachment to get into vents, wouldn`t you? I sure like that you`re interested in sucking stuff *out* of the vents instead of blowing it deeper down into them the way some people do.
    I was hoping if the flexible crevice tool was flexible enough to bend through some of the curves in the vents housing.

I was trying to avoid blowing the vents out, getting fur everywhere . My allergies would be going crazy. Sneezing all day.

I have a mini vac attachment set. I think it has a long hose for something but if it doesn`t I maybe able to buy a hose separately that fit the kit.

I ended up using a piece of plastic tubing adaptor-ed to fit the vacuum. I tried a gizmo called a Lint Lizard and/but found it only marginal...but that`s just on my two dryers (it worked much better on the older one than on the newer).
    I can`t blow out the lint trap, due to my allergies. I don`t want lint all over the basement. The most important part I don`t have a air compressor. The can air is to weak. The lint brush that came the dryer are useless. One of them I`m using to clean out the tub drain trap. The other is to flimsy.

If the tubing is stuck in coil up position how to get it to stay in the unwound? I found a piece of tubing (don`t know if it fits) that was wound up. I can`t get it to stay unwound.

I must have three or four different ones that I`ve cut down...

I`ve been saving the attachments from my household vacs throughout the years. I have a few different size crevice tools. The smallest is 3" long, the largest is about 8" long.

My favorite crevice tool grew legs. I think it was from a old Dirt Devil.

I watched a YouTube video where the person talk about sanding the edges of the crevice tool to smooth the edges off. Is it necessary?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    Even the cabin filter was full of fur.

They have a separate SUV for hauling the dogs around. I believe it`s a GMC Envoy. The interior never really been cleaned...
    Goodness...I simply don`t understand people who live like that. Ewww... I mean, we`re awfully serious "dog people" and yeah some of our vehicles are designated dog-haulers, but they get cleaned as needed every time the dogs are in `em even if that means daily. As the song goes..."no one said it`d be easy".

If this vehicle is so nasty I shudder to think of that Envoy
    I think the rear seats comes out without unbolting anything, which is a plus.
    Good, at least maybe that`ll make it a bit easier on you.

I unbolted one rear seat from the Tahoe`s second row to make it better for dog-hauling, put a dogbed there instead. And of course the whole rear half of it is covered with thick plastic and blankets. Gotta make it comfy for them/easy for us. Everything`s covered in the Crown Vic too. I don`t understand why others don`t do such stuff...

That`s lousy that you`ve gotta deal with their nastiness, especially with your allergies! I`m allergic to dogs too, but fortunately not all *that* badly (though I gotta wash my hands every time I touch them, which means about every five minutes..).

I was hoping if the flexible crevice tool was flexible enough to bend through some of the curves in the vents housing.
    Huh, must be a bigger opening than I`m imagining...
    I was trying to avoid blowing the vents out, getting fur everywhere . My allergies would be going crazy. Sneezing all day.
    Yeah, and if blowing it out would bug your allergies it`ll also move all that [crap] all over the interior.
    I have a mini vac attachment set. I think it has a long hose for something but if it doesn`t I maybe able to buy a hose separately that fit the kit.
    I`d think the local Lowe`s/etc. oughta have some. I got long tubing for my siphon-feed sprayer there.

I can`t blow out the lint trap, due to my allergies. I don`t want lint all over the basement...
    Understood, I never blow out mine either, but rather suck out what I can with the vacuum and occasionally disassemble the ductwork and flush it out in the shop (I can access it to do that, lucky me).

The most important part I don`t have a air compressor. The can air is to weak...
    [REPEAT my usual lecture that anybody without a compressor oughta run straight out to HF and buy the cheapest one they have on sale. Seriously.]

The lint brush that came the dryer are useless...
    I`m surprised dryer lint is such an issue..doesn`t the filter/screen catch 99% of it, and make it easy to just wipe the "layer of lint-felt" off?

If the tubing is stuck in coil up position how to get it to stay in the unwound? I found a piece of tubing (don`t know if it fits) that was wound up. I can`t get it to stay unwound.
    WOnder if heating it up would help..maybe even submerging it in boiling water and they straightening it out while it dries/cools. Just guessing...

I
    `ve been saving the attachments from my household vacs throughout the years. I have a few different size crevice tools. The smallest is 3" long, the largest is about 8" long.

My favorite crevice tool grew legs...
    Isn`t that the way it goes sometimes?!? Too bad you lost the one you really liked.

I watched a YouTube video where the person talk about sanding the edges of the crevice tool to smooth the edges off. Is it necessary?
    My view is that it`s not necessary *unless it is*. I can`t say I`ve ever had to do that, but if the edges were sharp or otherwise cause for concern then OK. But as a general rule? Nah, to me that sounds like something somebody would say just to sound special
    Thanks carnage thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness...I simply don`t understand people who live like that. Ewww... I mean, we`re awfully serious "dog people" and yeah some of our vehicles are designated dog-haulers, but they get cleaned as needed every time the dogs are in `em even if that means daily. As the song goes..."no one said it`d be easy".
    Her husband works 10+ hrs a day. She works 2 jobs. It`s hard for them to make time for cleaning the SUV out.

She almost fainted when a professional detailer quoted them $600 just to clean the inside.

If this vehicle is so nasty I shudder to think of that Envoy
    The Envoy is the nasty dog hauler. They have a newer Tahoe for there daily driver. The Tahoe is kind of clean but not up to your standard.

Good, at least maybe that`ll make it a bit easier on you.
    I hope so. If the seats doesn`t come out easy hopefully they fold up and out of the way.

I unbolted one rear seat from the Tahoe`s second row to make it better for dog-hauling, put a dogbed there instead. And of course the whole rear half of it is covered with thick plastic and blankets. Gotta make it comfy for them/easy for us. Everything`s covered in the Crown Vic too. I don`t understand why others don`t do such stuff...
    My sister boyfriend is the same way. Blankets, pillows everywhere. Since it`s a smaller dog, he has a booster seat for the dog to see out the window.

That`s lousy that you`ve gotta deal with their nastiness, especially with your allergies! I`m allergic to dogs too, but fortunately not all *that* badly (though I gotta wash my hands every time I touch them, which means about every five minutes..).
    I`m the same way. My hands get red, irritated, puffy. I found out with certain dogs I`m allergic to the flea & tick medication, or shampoo.

Huh, must be a bigger opening than I`m imagining...
    On certain cars the vents come out. I`m hoping this one does.

Yeah, and if blowing it out would bug your allergies it`ll also move all that [crap] all over the interior.

I blew out someone I know vents. All dust came right into my face. Since it was my first time blowing out the vents I wasn`t expected dust in the face. Lesson learned.

I`d think the local Lowe`s/etc. oughta have some. I got long tubing for my siphon-feed sprayer there.

I was thinking Lowes, Home Depot, if not I was thinking maybe fish tank tubing. Since it`s somewhat clear I can see what I`m vacuuming up.

Understood, I never blow out mine either, but rather suck out what I can with the vacuum and occasionally disassemble the ductwork and flush it out in the shop (I can access it to do that, lucky me).

I don;t like taking apart mine or anyone car/SUV. Just in case thing don`t go back together right, or they`re squeaks or rattles afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

[REPEAT my usual lecture that anybody without a compressor oughta run straight out to HF and buy the cheapest one they have on sale. Seriously.]
    I look at HF compressor, the $40 ones you mentioned. Are the tanks kind of small?

Is there enough air, to air up 4 tires if needed to or it`s going to take awhile?

Can you blow out pads with that small size tank?

I`m surprised dryer lint is such an issue..doesn`t the filter/screen catch 99% of it, and make it easy to just wipe the "layer of lint-felt" off?
    The screen doesn`t hold back a lot of lint. I have to unscrew the screw, clean what I can see. Then take the vent hose out clean inside the dry, the the hose.

My previous dryer used to look like I was shaving a sheep outside.

WOnder if heating it up would help..maybe even submerging it in boiling water and they straightening it out while it dries/cools. Just guessing...
    I may have to find a hose with a thinner wall or hang the hose up with one end weighted. Stretched it out a bit.

Isn`t that the way it goes sometimes?!? Too bad you lost the one you really liked.
    I haven`t found a good replacement for that particular crevice tool.

My view is that it`s not necessary *unless it is*. I can`t say I`ve ever had to do that, but if the edges were sharp or otherwise cause for concern then OK. But as a general rule? Nah, to me that sounds like something somebody would say just to sound special
    Once I find a crevice tool I like at the store. I`ll just feel the edges to make sure there feel smooth. No sharp edges from the plastic mold or casting.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if those folks are all *that* busy it`s good that they have you to do the vehicles. Your allergies are a *lot* worse than mine, so !oh boy! you do have some challenges there!

Heh heh, if my Tahoe is cleaner than theirs, maybe it`s just because it has to last me indefinitely. I bet they`ll replace both their Tahoe and that Envoy long before I would. I gather most people don`t keep vehicles very long any more. Kinda funny since I used to go through them like potato chips when I was younger, but now like to keep `em forever!

Your sister`s boyfriend has the right idea, I bet that little dog isn`t trashing the interior

And yeah, I agree about taking apart other people`s stuff, and/but that`s interesting about the vents coming out on some vehicles, I`ve never seen that. Sure would make things a lot easier.

Sounds like you learned a hard lesson fast when you tried blowing out the vents and got a faceful! One trick, not that I would blow out vents anyhow unless the ductwork was opened up, is to make sure the HVAC-vent selection has the ones you`re blowing out *open* (switch between floor/dash/etc. as needed). Otherwise the air just runs into the ductwork`s flappers/doors (and might even mess `em up).

I look at HF compressor, the $40 ones you mentioned. Are the tanks kind of small?

Is there enough air, to air up 4 tires if needed to or it`s going to take awhile?

Can you blow out pads with that small size tank?
    Yeah, they`re small/weak/cheap. Too much so for some jobs? Probably.

Gotta admit I`ve never tried using it for much, it`s basically just for blowing dust/etc. off the lawn equip and for inflating the tires on that stuff. It oughta be enough to top off tires, and I do think it`d blow out *MF* pads just fine. It`s not really about what the tank holds, but rather whether the pump puts out enough pressure, which I`d think it would for light jobs. It does take a while to fill up small equipment tires, but hey...it`s something better than the (pricey) little cans.

So I guess that IMO it`s a just *LOT* better than nothing, I mean..what do you *do* when you need to adjust tire pressure or blow out..anything..if you don`t have a compressor? Eh, I`ve never been without a compressor so maybe that colors my thinking...I just don`t see how anybody gets by without one. And of course..easy for me to spend your $

The screen doesn`t hold back a lot of lint. I have to unscrew the screw, clean what I can see. Then take the vent hose out clean inside the dry, the the hose.

My previous dryer used to look like I was shaving a sheep outside.
    Huh, never would`ve thunk that...none of mine have ever let much lint through at all, I`ve cleaned out the ductwork maybe a half-dozen times in my life and never got all that much out of it. If yours is *that* bad it`s sure good that you`re keeping on top of it, friends of ours have had those Dryer Fires that I used to think were really rare (must not be or I wouldn`t hear about so many) and they`re no joke.

I may have to find a hose with a thinner wall or hang the hose up with one end weighted. Stretched it out a bit.
    Maybe it`ll continue to get better as you use it.

While at HF buying a compressor you could also buy a cheap heatgun and see if that helps Sorry, just kidding, couldn`t resist. I *do* sympathize as it took a little while for the tubing for my siphon-feed sprayer to straighten out, though it eventually did and now seems like no big deal in hindsight (I probably felt differently about it at the time).

I haven`t found a good replacement for that particular crevice tool...[but]..Once I find a crevice tool I like at the store. I`ll just feel the edges to make sure there feel smooth. No sharp edges from the plastic mold or casting.
    Yeah, once you get attached to a tool/etc. that`s *exactly* what you want it`s tough to make due with something else. IMO you`re fine just doing that on the new ones, and that guy on the internet saying to always do more must have more free time than we do

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone:

It`s pretty amazing - I was just thinking to myself that I`d like to get some kit to go around my existing vac to give me better extraction capabilities for carpet and upholstery and lo and behold there`s an active thread going here about just that.

I have a ~17 year old Ridgid 16gal 6.5HP (yah, whatever, too bad 6.5HP is over 4,800W but who`s keeping track of truth in advertising) model with 2-1/2" tubing throughout. I have no idea what the water lift rating is - I`ll see if I can find out. It converts to a leaf blower too - not sure how much the turbine will be built for suction vs. flow. On the plus side, it has separate motor cooling.

My goal is primarily to find a way of connecting to a nice, clear extractor nozzle so that I can spray, brush, optionally steam, then extract. I`m really only looking at doing my car or friends and family, which means there`s not a lot of justification for high budget. I have a saved kijiji search running for a MC1385 steam setup for general cleaning not just cars.

So from what I`ve read - I could get something like the Ridgid premium wet/dry car setup (which is about $65 for me), use the adapter to 1-1/4, add the supplied orange hose to the end of my existing hose, and enjoy the easier to manage hose for other vac needs, and connect the 1-1/4 line right up to a typical extractor nozzle? I`ll keep reading for more financially efficient ways of getting the same result since I`m not sure how many of the other tools I would actually use.

What extractor nozzle is a favourite, AND is available separately for a reasonable price?

I`ve seen a lot of discussion earlier about hoses, "accordian style" and pros and cons of hoses that come with some other vacuums. Does anyone know how the hose on the Ridgid kit compares? This doesn`t seem to be a stocked item on the shelf local to me to allow me to go touch and feel.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Surly- I do 99% of my extracting with a Bissell Upholstery Nozzle. It has a clear cover so you can see what`s going on. AFAIK they don`t make them any more; I get mine off ebay.

The problem with using the Rigid as an extractor is "how to rig a sprayer". Keep in mind that sucking up the liquid is generally only half the job, first you want to spray some carpet/upholstery cleaner (at a greater pressure than a spraybottle).

Adapting that Upholstery Nozzle to extractors that it wasn`t intended to fit isn`t that hard. Basically you just cobble together an adaptor out of plastic parts that have the right inside/outside diameters. Rigging the sprayer of an extractor to work with the adapted nozzle can take a little more doing, but it`s not that tough either. I do most of my extracting with an old Bissell Big Green Machine that the nozzle does *NOT* fit worth anything, and what I came up with isn`t perfect, but it does work just fine. Just used it quite a bit yesterday, worked so well I never even considered bringing in the "real" extractor from the shop.

I`d look into a used unit from a vacuum/etc. shop. My area has a few of those and the guys who are all about vacuums/etc. are usually happy to be helpful.

Just FWIW, I have three, maybe even four (isn`t it crazy that I don`t know?!?) perfectly good Craftsman wet/dry shop vacuums. Rather than consider using one of those with some kind of extraction setup, I use the Bissell, which I bet you could buy for peanuts. I`d buy a Bissell Little Green Machine long before I`d try adapting the Craftsmans, and I still have the Carpet Cleaning Kit that works with them (needs a N/A part for the sprayer, but otherwise would work fine..but why bother?).

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if those folks are all *that* busy it`s good that they have you to do the vehicles. Your allergies are a *lot* worse than mine, so !oh boy! you do have some challenges there!
    Look like most places will be out of stock on respirators for a few months. I`m going to pick up some Antihistamine before hand.

Heh heh, if my Tahoe is cleaner than theirs, maybe it`s just because it has to last me indefinitely. I bet they`ll replace both their Tahoe and that Envoy long before I would. I gather most people don`t keep vehicles very long any more. Kinda funny since I used to go through them like potato chips when I was younger, but now like to keep `em forever!
    They`re in there mid 40`s. They`re mentioning trading in the Envoy, and keeping the Tahoe as the dog hauler.

You`re more into keeping the SUV clean & tidy, plus you take pride in your vehicles. They look at it as a chore. I used to be like this, car always a mess.

Your sister`s boyfriend has the right idea, I bet that little dog isn`t trashing the interior
    The dog used trash the interior, scratching everything, when he was younger. As he got older he mellow out.

Blankets, comforters are everywhere more for comfort The dog is to pamper.

[QUOTE]And yeah, I agree about taking apart other people`s stuff, and/but that`s interesting about the vents coming out on some vehicles, I`ve never seen that. Sure would make things a lot easier./QUOTE]

My friend had a pen stuck in the vents. When he would take turns I can hear the pen go back and forth. I had to pop out the vent, get the pen out. He to didn`t realize the vents came out.

Sounds like you learned a hard lesson fast when you tried blowing out the vents and got a faceful! One trick, not that I would blow out vents anyhow unless the ductwork was opened up, is to make sure the HVAC-vent selection has the ones you`re blowing out *open* (switch between floor/dash/etc. as needed). Otherwise the air just runs into the ductwork`s flappers/doors (and might even mess `em up).
    When blowing out vents. Do you keep the vents close and try to direct the air to the floor or defrosters?

I tried can compress air once. It didn`t do much.

Gotta admit I`ve never tried using it for much, it`s basically just for blowing dust/etc. off the lawn equip and for inflating the tires on that stuff. It oughta be enough to top off tires, and I do think it`d blow out *MF* pads just fine. It`s not really about what the tank holds, but rather whether the pump puts out enough pressure, which I`d think it would for light jobs. It does take a while to fill up small equipment tires, but hey...it`s something better than the (pricey) little cans.
    Maybe the next size bigger would be better.

Do you find the Harbor Freight compressor reliable?

Which brand of Harbor Freight compressor do you have?

So I guess that IMO it`s a just *LOT* better than nothing, I mean..what do you *do* when you need to adjust tire pressure or blow out..anything..if you don`t have a compressor? Eh, I`ve never been without a compressor so maybe that colors my thinking...I just don`t see how anybody gets by without one. And of course..easy for me to spend your $
    I have the Viair 85P, for tire duty. It draws a lot. I needs a dedicated 15A fuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, never would`ve thunk that...none of mine have ever let much lint through at all, I`ve cleaned out the ductwork maybe a half-dozen times in my life and never got all that much out of it. If yours is *that* bad it`s sure good that you`re keeping on top of it, friends of ours have had those Dryer Fires that I used to think were really rare (must not be or I wouldn`t hear about so many) and they`re no joke.

I notice different dryer has different lint trap screen. At least this dryer has a finer screen, less lint outside. I might run some round duct work with a lint trap box to the outside dryer vent mounted to the house. The box will catch any lint before it goes outside.

While at HF buying a compressor you could also buy a cheap heatgun and see if that helps Sorry, just kidding, couldn`t resist. I *do* sympathize as it took a little while for the tubing for my siphon-feed sprayer to straighten out, though it eventually did and now seems like no big deal in hindsight (I probably felt differently about it at the time).

I going to look for tubing around the house.

I was thinking of hanging the tube on a tree limb and weight it down in the summer time, or a hair dryer.

Yeah, once you get attached to a tool/etc. that`s *exactly* what you want it`s tough to make due with something else. IMO you`re fine just doing that on the new ones, and that guy on the internet saying to always do more must have more free time than we do
    I have to find a store with a lot attachments in stock, so I can get a feel for them. The local vac store didn`t have much.

Home depot didn`t have the F4 tape either. They had Nashua Tape.

Can the F4 tape be reused, stuck and unstuck? I seen pictures of people using the tape on extension cords, garden hose to keep them wrap up for storage.

Post Thanks / Like

If you’re interested Amazon has the tape available.

Post Thanks / Like

I going to look for tubing around the house.

I was thinking of hanging the tube on a tree limb and weight it down in the summer time, or a hair dryer...
    Yeah, good idea. IMO it`ll be like a water hose that starts out "won`t quit coiling back up!" but eventually loses that memory-effect.

..I have to find a store with a lot attachments in stock, so I can get a feel for them. The local vac store didn`t have much..
    If you find some kind of hollow plastic cone, you can cut it down so one end fits one thing and the other fits a bigger/smaller one. Just throwing that out there as it`s something a bit outside the box that I use all the time. IIRC (it`s been forever), I used a conical nozzle from one of the wet/dry vacs (big end fits in extractor, small end fits that Bissell Upholstery Nozzle, works great).
    Home depot didn`t have the F4 tape either. They had Nashua Tape.
    As GARY51 noted, it`s another thing that`s cheap/easy to get from Amazon. I *think* I bought mine direct from the maker, but I don`t really remember (bought enough of it to last me maybe forever, even though I use a *LOT* of it on some fixes).

Not familiar with the Nashua...maybe it`s fine, maybe it`s not (not all of these tapes are equal and some are pretty lousy).

[qupte]Can the F4 tape be reused, stuck and unstuck? I seen pictures of people using the tape on extension cords, garden hose to keep them wrap up for storage.[/QUOTE]

No, can`t be reused because it literally fuses together into a tight blob...like it "melts" together (that`s the "self-amalgamating") into one big/thick piece.

(It has a plastic film on one side that you peel off, which keeps it from fusing together when they wrap it into rolls during manufacture.)

And yeah on fixing extension cords/etc. with it. It`s *GREAT* for that. OK, it`s not the "right thing to do", but scare-quotes intentional as it`s held up fine for me for years of use. Vacuum cleaner hoses (that`s now N/A), electrical cords...and those plumbing repairs. IMO it`s a good example of how a half-@$$ fix can work fine.

I myself wouldn`t use it to keep hoses coiled (I use velcro or long twist-ties for stuff like that).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GARY51 View Post
    If you’re interested Amazon has the tape available.
    Since I don`t have Prime I was going to use Amazon as a last resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, good idea. IMO it`ll be like a water hose that starts out "won`t quit coiling back up!" but eventually loses that memory-effect..
    My Craftsman garden hose still has memory effect after 10+ years. I also keep it wrap up in storage.

If you find some kind of hollow plastic cone, you can cut it down so one end fits one thing and the other fits a bigger/smaller one. Just throwing that out there as it`s something a bit outside the box that I use all the time. IIRC (it`s been forever), I used a conical nozzle from one of the wet/dry vacs (big end fits in extractor, small end fits that Bissell Upholstery Nozzle, works great).
    Is this something like what you`re mentioning, Amazon # B01FHCBV9Y, A Google search will bring it up.

As GARY51 noted, it`s another thing that`s cheap/easy to get from Amazon. I *think* I bought mine direct from the maker, but I don`t really remember (bought enough of it to last me maybe forever, even though I use a *LOT* of it on some fixes).
    No Prime but I will order as a last resort, if I have enough for free shipping.

Next I`m going to try a plumbing supply store when I pick up my order.

No, can`t be reused because it literally fuses together into a tight blob...like it "melts" together (that`s the "self-amalgamating") into one big/thick piece.
    How do you remove the F4 tape? Does it have to be cut off?

I talked to my sister, her friend had 3 dogs. The last one just died from cancer a week ago.

Post Thanks / Like

My Craftsman garden hose still has memory effect after 10+ years. I also keep it wrap up in storage...
    I bet keepingit coiled when stored is factoring in there. But yeah, I vaguely recall that I`ve had Craftsman hoses that were like that for a really long time too. One of my older Gilmours is still doing it too.

My Foamgun/Rinse hoses aren`t coiled up again after I put them in service, but rather laid out long-ways on the floor, and those are *not* trying to coil back up all the time. I`m about to start using a new Swan brand hose (I`ve repaired the old one enough already!) and we`ll see how it does; it`s *really* coiled up tight as-delivered, but the last one straightened out OK.

Is this something like what you`re mentioning, Amazon # B01FHCBV9Y, A Google search will bring it up.
    Ah, that looks *great*! Much better than what I`m using on my extractors. Even if it`s not quite right for one specific application I bet it`ll come in handy some day. I`m tempted to buy one myself.

No Prime but I will order as a last resort, if I have enough for free shipping.
    Yeah, I`m spoiled having my wife`s Prime available.
    Next I`m going to try a plumbing supply store when I pick up my order.
    Ah, maybe you`ll get lucky and they`ll have it.
    How do you remove the F4 tape? Does it have to be cut off?
    Yeah, cut it (I use an Xacto knife). It`s quick/clean/easy to do IME, just gotta watch you don`t cut (too deeply) into whatever the tape`s wrapped around, but that`s never been a huge challenge (with that nice sharp Xacto knife at least).

I talked to my sister, her friend had 3 dogs. The last one just died from cancer a week ago.
    Aw gee, that`s tough We`ve lost a few dogs/cats to cancer.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet keepingit coiled when stored is factoring in there. But yeah, I vaguely recall that I`ve had Craftsman hoses that were like that for a really long time too. One of my older Gilmours is still doing it too.
    I`m surprised the hose is still coiling up. It`s all sun faded, softer than what it was.

My Foamgun/Rinse hoses aren`t coiled up again after I put them in service, but rather laid out long-ways on the floor, and those are *not* trying to coil back up all the time. I`m about to start using a new Swan brand hose (I`ve repaired the old one enough already!) and we`ll see how it does; it`s *really* coiled up tight as-delivered, but the last one straightened out OK.
    How many hoses do you have and use during detailing? I use one for everything. The spare hose is just sitting on the shelf, in its original package, unopen.

I was using a Swan hose. It had a big plastic end to tight to the outside faucet. It burst when I was flushing out my hot water tank. Swan replace it under the 7 year warranty.

Is garden hoses the same as vacuum hoses? The longer they`re the less water pressure they would be.

Ah, that looks *great*! Much better than what I`m using on my extractors. Even if it`s not quite right for one specific application I bet it`ll come in handy some day. I`m tempted to buy one myself.
    They also have the cone style hollow tube attachments.

That is it fit to the hose, and accessories. A few reviews were complaining about fitment issue.

Yeah, I`m spoiled having my wife`s Prime available.
    I try to buy items local to me. This way I can see what I`m buying.

I don`t buy enough items through Amazon to purchase a Prime membership.

Ah, maybe you`ll get lucky and they`ll have it.
    A lot of local electrical, plumbing supply warehouses sell all different kind of tapes. Even professional plumbers uses tape on drains, pipes in emergencies. until they can properly repair it. I may get lucky.

Yeah, cut it (I use an Xacto knife). It`s quick/clean/easy to do IME, just gotta watch you don`t cut (too deeply) into whatever the tape`s wrapped around, but that`s never been a huge challenge (with that nice sharp Xacto knife at least).
    Is cutting it the only option? I don`t trust myself with X-Acto knife. If using it on keeping extension cords wrap up I`ll end up cutting the cord.

Good thing I have a roll of velcro, somewhere.

Aw gee, that`s tough We`ve lost a few dogs/cats to cancer.
    Most of her dogs live to about 14 years old. One died from old age, the other 2 died from Cancer. The dogs were her kids.

The Envoy will get clean as planned, but it won`t be for hauling dogs anymore. Most likely it will be traded in down the road, but not anytime soon.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information