Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water marks on the interior

Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    I don`t know how to post pictures on a forum yet, if anyone is wondering.
    Tapatalk is your friend for posting photos.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes carnage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    carnage- Well, at least you`re not messing it up, but that "15%" improvement must be kinda disappointing. At least it`s all on the underside, which doesn`t show, right?
    Since it`s been 2 days of drying. The water marks hasn`t gotten any better. It`s lighter than what I first started with. I wish I could remove more of the water marks.

Most important part is nothing got damage. Plus being on the under side of the cover no one is going to see the marks, unless they`re looking for something or straight at the water marks.

It was a learning experience on cleaning the cover plus I learn not to be lazy and wipe up the water right away.

Thanks to Accumulator and Stokdgs, for all the advice and everyone who answer my questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Tapatalk is your friend for posting photos.
    Would I need something like Photobucket for hosting pictures to use Tapatalk?

Post Thanks / Like

Would I need something like Photobucket for hosting pictures to use Tapatalk?
    Nope.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks carnage thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was a learning experience on cleaning the cover plus I learn not to be lazy and wipe up the water right away..
    Funny how you can/can`t get away with different things...stuff you`d never expect to be a problem ends up being like this...live and learn.
    Likes carnage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how you can/can`t get away with different things...stuff you`d never expect to be a problem ends up being like this...live and learn.
    Learned my lesson. The cover/shade is staying closed all winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Learned my lesson. The cover/shade is staying closed all winter.
    I guess I`ve always removed them for the dogs and thus never gave their care any real thought. Sure wouldn`t have expected issues like those stains!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I`ve always removed them for the dogs and thus never gave their care any real thought. Sure wouldn`t have expected issues like those stains!
    The cover is water resistant but I forgot about the seams. Along the seams is all water marks. Then there`s the water run off when I unhooked the cover, let it hang in the cargo area, then let the water drip off. Now there`s water mark where the run off was.

When I went to a dealership looking at another SUV the first thing the salesperson did in the cargo area is look under the the cargo cover for water marks. She replied most SUV has the water marks, it`s a common thing.

Post Thanks / Like

When I went to a dealership looking at another SUV the first thing the salesperson did in the cargo area is look under the the cargo cover for water marks. She replied most SUV has the water marks, it`s a common thing.
    Heh heh, another version of "they`re all like that" huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, another version of "they`re all like that" huh?
    It`s part of living in New England, snowy winter. Most people keep there snow removal tool in the cargo area (if it`s a SUV) so if there`s 2 feet of snow on the roof once the cargo door opens the snow comes down like a a avalanche. Nice mess to clean up afterwards.

My previous SUV I always kept the cover closed. When it came time to trade it in I had a clean cover with no water marks.

Since I tried a APC with higher PH what do you think about something acidic like vinegar?

Post Thanks / Like

It`s part of living in New England, snowy winter. Most people keep there snow removal tool in the cargo area (if it`s a SUV) so if there`s 2 feet of snow on the roof once the cargo door opens the snow comes down like a a avalanche. Nice mess to clean up afterwards...
    Heh heh, the things people do...I`ve been driving station wagons/SUVs/etc. since forever and I can`t recall *ever* doing that.

My previous SUV I always kept the cover closed. When it came time to trade it in I had a clean cover with no water marks.
    There you go, at least if you don`t need to conceal something. I just take the covers out, stand them in the corner of the garage office behind the door..out of sight/out of mind, never think of `em until I dispose of the vehicle. The one from the Tahoe has been there since the day it arrived.
    Since I tried a APC with higher PH what do you think about something acidic like vinegar?
    I think it`ll be a waste of time, and that you could end up spending more time getting the vinegar scent gone But hey, might be worth trying on some limited area that you can easily rinse out.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, the things people do...I`ve been driving station wagons/SUVs/etc. since forever and I can`t recall *ever* doing that.
    I think part of it is there`s a spoiler on the cargo door. The spoiler acts like a shelf for the snow to sit on.

Part of last snow season I kept the a SnoBrum in the house. When I clean the SUV from snow I start with the roof first. This way I can avoid a avalanche, then I will get my snow brush with scraper out of the cargo area. I will see my neighbor using snow shovel to snow off.

There you go, at least if you don`t need to conceal something. I just take the covers out, stand them in the corner of the garage office behind the door..out of sight/out of mind, never think of `em until I dispose of the vehicle. The one from the Tahoe has been there since the day it arrived.
    Around here It`s a good to conceal what you have in the cargo area. To many noisy people, plus I don`t want to go outside to a broken window. Some people may think that there something hidden under the cover and may break in anyway. Can`t win.

I think it`ll be a waste of time, and that you could end up spending more time getting the vinegar scent gone But hey, might be worth trying on some limited area that you can easily rinse out.

I also thought about using Windex with Ammonia. The amount of Ammonia in Windex should be minimal.

Post Thanks / Like

carnage- Yeah, I hear you on the PERsonal SECurity issue, good on you for recognizing when you need to keep things covered up. Between that and the winter weather you *do* have a challenge there!

And heh heh..yeah, the PO of my `93 Audi cleared the snow off it with a snowshovel too, when not using an old broom The resulting damage is forever

The Windex might be worth trying, and I wouldn`t worry about it damaging things especially since you`re likely to be really careful about it.

Post Thanks / Like

carnage- Yeah, I hear you on the PERsonal SECurity issue, good on you for recognizing when you need to keep things covered up. Between that and the winter weather you *do* have a challenge there!

And heh heh..yeah, the PO of my `93 Audi cleared the snow off it with a snowshovel too, when not using an old broom The resulting damage is forever

The Windex might be worth trying, and I wouldn`t worry about it damaging things especially since you`re likely to be really careful about it.
    I had my car broken into a few times. I used to be into car audio equipment.

I know the damage is done to the cover but I may experiment with what I have. Like with Windex or cleaning the glass with alcohol based glass cleaner, I may try it on the cover, or just wiping down the interior with 1Z Cockpit Premium I probably try the 1Z on the cover. Worth a shot.

My neighbor would scrape the ice off the paint with a shovel to. Just like when they`re drying the car, they would start drying the wheels first then the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

carnage- Man, that`d be awful, having your car broken into like that...only happened to me once, back in the `70s.

If something *does* work on the cover, I bet somebody else here will appreciate hearing about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information