Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for interior cleaning

I`m looking for a dedicated interior cleaner, not a APC mixed. I`ll be using it on neglected vehicles, trucks.

What would be your cleaner for nasty interior?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for interior cleaning

what are you going to use it for seats/carpet?
    Likes carnage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 65chevy View Post
    what are you going to use it for seats/carpet?

Everything, the dash, seats. I don`t think the trucks have carpets, I believe it`s vinyl on the floor, but I could be wrong. If it has carpet, what`s a good cleaner?

The trucks are for construction, A lot of dirt, mud, spill coffee, etc.

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg`s D101 all purpose cleaner, (although it`s called APC if you check it`s really an all surface interior cleaner) I use it all the time unless I need to get after a particular stain or whatever then I`ll go to a specific carpet or leather or ??? cleaner
    M
    Thanks carnage thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly if you`re doing muddy nasty trucks all the time, including the rubber floors, try using tuf shine tire cleaner. I know it sounds weird but I`ve discovered when it comes to mud and dirt, nothing compares. I buy the gallon concentrate, mix 1:1 for its intended purpose (tires), and mix some at 3:1 (water:cleaner) for everything else. If you don`t buy the concentrate, whatever amount you buy that`s RTU, just add the same amount of water as you have RTU and you`ll have the same ratio as 3:1 from the concentrate.

SO FAR, I have not experienced any negative side effects using it on interior plastics and even coated "leather" (not sure id even think of trying it on real leather). I`d be careful around things like touch screens or any displays, otherwise have at it.

Probably skip it for cloth seats or carpet. Unless you have an extractor and can rinse the material out
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of great feedback !

I have always used only 1 until they discontinued it (Meguiars APC Plus), then they had Meguiars Citrus Power Cleaner Plus, D107, and I think it`s all gone, so now the only one I will ever use is this --
    https://www.autopia-carcare.com/opti...l#.XXxi_dWpH3g

For all the floor work, plastic door work, mats, carpets, things on the floor, etc., I want a great cleaner that is low foaming, so easier to rinse out, and has a nice - clean - scent..

Hold On !!! Found 1-Gallon Meguiars D107 - Citrus Power Cleaner Plus on amazon for $22.99..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Honestly if you`re doing muddy nasty trucks all the time, including the rubber floors, try using tuf shine tire cleaner. I know it sounds weird but I`ve discovered when it comes to mud and dirt, nothing compares. I buy the gallon concentrate, mix 1:1 for its intended purpose (tires), and mix some at 3:1 (water:cleaner) for everything else. If you don`t buy the concentrate, whatever amount you buy that`s RTU, just add the same amount of water as you have RTU and you`ll have the same ratio as 3:1 from the concentrate.

SO FAR, I have not experienced any negative side effects using it on interior plastics and even coated "leather" (not sure id even think of trying it on real leather). I`d be careful around things like touch screens or any displays, otherwise have at it.

Probably skip it for cloth seats or carpet. Unless you have an extractor and can rinse the material out

The trucks get cleaned once a year after the workers get laid off for the winter. The trucks has to cleaned before they returned to work in April.

The company just traded in the old trucks. I won`t know what I`m dealing with until December.

Can Tuf Shine sit on the material for awhile, without damaging anything or does it have to be removed right away? I get distracted in the garage, and pulled away from cleaning to work on something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Lots of great feedback !

I have always used only 1 until they discontinued it (Meguiars APC Plus), then they had Meguiars Citrus Power Cleaner Plus, D107, and I think it`s all gone, so now the only one I will ever use is this --
    https://www.autopia-carcare.com/opti...l#.XXxi_dWpH3g

For all the floor work, plastic door work, mats, carpets, things on the floor, etc., I want a great cleaner that is low foaming, so easier to rinse out, and has a nice - clean - scent..

Hold On !!! Found 1-Gallon Meguiars D107 - Citrus Power Cleaner Plus on amazon for $22.99..
    Dan F
    General question. Do you know why D107 was discontinued?

Do I have to wipe the interior down with water to remove any residue from the APC?

Do I have to use a hand scrub brush on the dash board, door panels? If so, what kind of brush would I need, stiff, medium stiff, or something like a boar`s hair brush?

I have Optimum OPC, Meguiars D101, Britemax Grime Out, and LA Totally Awesome, this is what I have on hand for a APC. I`m planning on using the Little Green Machine if needed.

I`ll check out the D107 on Amazon. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

You need more than just a “cleaner” for your carpets. Try a dedicated carpet shampoo, foam it up with some water in a bucket and apply the sudds to the carpet. Scrub it really well, slowly extract it with your wet vac and then towel it dry.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, carnage thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

carnage- Much as i like BHBs, IMO that`d be too gentle for (at least most of) what you`ll be doing. I`d use the firmest brush that`s still gentle enough that it won`t do any damage. (Gee, that sounds like one of those Capt. Obvious comments, but with plastics you can often get pretty aggressive.) E.g., for tight spots, there`s always the toothbrush (in various firmnesses), and/but I often reach for a Denture Brush as it`s a more aggressive version on the same theme.

Sonus sells an Interior Shampoo that supposedly doesn`t need rinsing, and it seems to work OK that way although I sometimes do at least wipe back over with a damp cloth. It might be too gentle for a Work Truck though.

I bet the APCs you have on-hand will be good choices after all. The Interior Cleaners I have are all awfully mild, even for our relatively pampered vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    The trucks get cleaned once a year after the workers get laid off for the winter. The trucks has to cleaned before they returned to work in April.

The company just traded in the old trucks. I won`t know what I`m dealing with until December.

Can Tuf Shine sit on the material for awhile, without damaging anything or does it have to be removed right away? I get distracted in the garage, and pulled away from cleaning to work on something else.
    Haven`t tried, not sure I`d trust it.

Either way, letting any cleaner sit for way too long and dry on a surface is generally a very bad idea
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    General question. Do you know why D107 was discontinued?

Do I have to wipe the interior down with water to remove any residue from the APC?

Do I have to use a hand scrub brush on the dash board, door panels? If so, what kind of brush would I need, stiff, medium stiff, or something like a boar`s hair brush?

I have Optimum OPC, Meguiars D101, Britemax Grime Out, and LA Totally Awesome, this is what I have on hand for a APC. I`m planning on using the Little Green Machine if needed.

I`ll check out the D107 on Amazon. Thanks.
    No, I do not know what happened to Meguiar`s D107.. Interesting to see it is still out there on the Internet, and not at a few Detailing Stores on the Internet any longer.. Even Meguiar`s website does not offer it..

Depending on what you are cleaning and at what mixture (10:1, 4:1), you may want to wipe it off entirely with a dry towel or a damp towel.. I use a combo of Cleaner, Steam, and Extractor (especially on carpets, cloth seats), so I never leave the product behind.. I have -never- hurt anything on the floor with these products either..

I like to use this brush on pretty much all the floor work, door panels if they are that dirty, and never on the Dash.. Usually just a wipe off with microfiber, cotton, etc., gets everything off the first time..
    Here is the best brush I have ever used for this AND tires.. https://www.autopia-carcare.com/tuf-...l#.XX1AvdWpH3g

On the Dash, depending on what it is, I use a microfiber outside, sponge inside, little rectangle.. They sell them everywhere.. Easy to use, effective, easy to rinse out..

I -never- get any APC product on the dash screen/gauges/nav screen, etc.. I don`t want to know what it will do to that type of sensitive clear plastic ever, thank you..

Looks like you have a variety of great cleaners already..

There are specialized carpet shampoos from people that clean them professionally.. I have used - Pro`s Choice Extreme Clean Powder, along with Chemspec Crystal Defoamer, Powder along with my Mytee HP60 Extractor to get the worst oil, etc., stuff out of some carpets, successfully.. The same brush listed above will work fine, you can find narrower versions on the Web,,

The only thing I can offer since you already have a great selection, is that the Meguiar`s product at either 10:1 or 4:1 in a 30-ounce bottle, works great for everything, is low foaming, the D107 even more low foaming, and smells great afterwards, if you did a great job..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

For carpets I use this stuff I found at the Home Depot called Folex it works amazing on carpets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2018 Ram 2500 Cummins
    2017 Yamaha R1M Race Bike

Detailing 13 Years...All Vehicle Tech for 15 years...Broke for 30 years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    You need more than just a “cleaner” for your carpets. Try a dedicated carpet shampoo, foam it up with some water in a bucket and apply the sudds to the carpet. Scrub it really well, slowly extract it with your wet vac and then towel it dry.

Any recommendation on which carpet shampoo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    carnage- Much as i like BHBs, IMO that`d be too gentle for (at least most of) what you`ll be doing. I`d use the firmest brush that`s still gentle enough that it won`t do any damage. (Gee, that sounds like one of those Capt. Obvious comments, but with plastics you can often get pretty aggressive.) E.g., for tight spots, there`s always the toothbrush (in various firmnesses), and/but I often reach for a Denture Brush as it`s a more aggressive version on the same theme.

Sonus sells an Interior Shampoo that supposedly doesn`t need rinsing, and it seems to work OK that way although I sometimes do at least wipe back over with a damp cloth. It might be too gentle for a Work Truck though.

I bet the APCs you have on-hand will be good choices after all. The Interior Cleaners I have are all awfully mild, even for our relatively pampered vehicles.

What does BHBS mean?

I was going to use the APC for anything I can remove from the vehicles, car mats, liners. Then I was going to hose off the APC off the mats, liners.

The main concern is the mats, floors can`t be slippery when the workers goes in with wet boots. Whatever I use has to be thoroughly remove or rinse.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information