Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question for the pro Detailers

All great replies. Thank you. I did get a couple good ideas. I got the van about a year and half ago and with the storage with the seats and all other compartment and stuff I was curious. Been a while since I have done a detailing job and couldn’t think how much.

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie I try to keep a nice amount of brushes on hand when I do vacuum. I did make a nice a score on a vacuum. An older Tennant canister vac. Nice and quiet. Can’t half hear now because of the hours of vacuuming and polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtford95 View Post
    Lonnie I try to keep a nice amount of brushes on hand when I do vacuum. I did make a nice a score on a vacuum. An older Tennant canister vac. Nice and quiet. Can’t half hear now because of the hours of vacuuming and polishing.
    Yup, know all about that hearing loss and impairment. I carry small foam ear plugs in my pocket so they are readily available and use them when I vacuum or use the leaf blower to dry a vehicle after a two-bucket wash. Just trying to protect the little hearing I have left (and it ain`t much!) Hearing loss is one of those "occupational hazards" of detailing, and until it happens to yourself, you do not think much about it or try to prevent it. And when it does happen, it is too late to bring back or "cure", short of hearing aids.

As a side note, "Huh? What did you say?" is probably the number one "complaint" and start of arguments in older couples. Just sayin`!...(but not hearing! LOL)
    GB detailer
    Likes jtford95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I really oughta wear "ears" when using the AirWand, but I don`t "Eyes and ears!" as they say at the range...you can`t just get replacements so protect the ones you`re born with. Easy to take such things for granted until the incident that`ll "never happen" (says the guy who`s recovering from yet another emergency eye surgery).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post

I was originally dumbfounded by those prices until I noticed where you`re at. Still crazy to me as your prices are almost literally 4X what I charge here, and I still get people thinking I charge too much. And I`m not exactly in a low income area either (home values in my service area are upwards of $1M+)
    I charge those prices both in Boston and San Diego, both very different income categories. I also have very few people that come to me for just interior. Most people will get an interior detail when the car is in for a correction or coating or just a regular exterior package. I also didn`t start with those prices. I started quite low and worked my way up after I got some brand awareness.
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information