Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VRP on weathertechs

Maybe hard to get in the US. But Scholl Boost is like the water based Perl and VRP and Hyper Dressing without it beeing slippery. I even use it on the pedals without any slippery feeling. It`s almost the better when cleaned and Boost. Scholl makes some interesting products outside of the abrasives. The glass cleaner is a combo of water spot remover and glass cleaner and water repellent and anti fog and still a great cleaner. The Scholl SPAM is their APC that also has the use of beeing able to clean the inside parts of the engine. Not that it`s common you are doing that LOL. But those who knows how PITA it is when renovating motor parts and clean them up is. It`s a very versitale product and products Scholl makes. If you can get a hold of them try them out if interested.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

McKee`s37 came out with a car-care chemical for this specific detailing task. Please see the thread:
    NEW// Mc Kess 37 floor mat and cargo liner rejuvenator

On a related note, one of the posters in the above linked thread (Older) stated that his 8-year old WeatherTechs were starting to wear out by gas/throttle pedal. Any one else experiencing wear problems with their Weather Techs?? That seems to be a common wear area in OEM floor mats, especially carpeted mats after many years of a driver getting in-and-out use. My "improved design" idea is to have a snap-in pad that could replaced when wear occurs , BUT this defeats the marketing concept of "designed obsolescence", which requires you to buy a NEW product every four-to-five years. (Don`t laugh! It is an integral part of consumer product development these days. Why do you think your TV or washer and dryer only last that long??)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I find the weather tech protectant makes them look good without being slippery. I don’t really know how any of these are actually protecting and from what. It’s plastic material of some sort that isn’t really getting UV punishment. Yes dirty feet and salt, sand etc

They always need heavy cleaning no matter what protectant I have tried. Friction from feet and heals wears it off. It’s abrasive with dirt and sand whatever grinding in spots too

Mine look best with megs all season dressing but it’s slippery for like 2-3 days. But they really do look good. May be able to make it less slippery if I buffed the heck out of them but don’t really care to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always used Einszett 1-Z or now its called Nextzett Deep Plastic Cleaner, especially on black rubber mats, and it cleans them really well and conditions them nicely..
    I dont recall it making many mats slippery; I think the make up of the mats determine if they are going to absorb or reject the product and become slippery or not..
    And since Deep Plastic Cleaner has so many other uses, for my Shop, it has always been my favorite... Not exactly inexpensive, but a very good product for plastics and rubber, rubber window trim, door seals, etc..
    Dan F
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I need to try Einzeitt Deep Plastic Cleaner on more stuff. I bought half a case when the name was changed. I was afraid they were going out of business. I use it mainly on nasty interiors, don’t want to run out of it. They make some great cleaning products.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer on mine. Darkens them a smidge and doesn`t make them too slippery.

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys has a mat renew product that looks similar to the one from McKees.

I ordered a bottle yesterday to try out during their flash sale.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information