Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best for cleaning tight spots between and under seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ll take the opportunity to spend some of your money and encourage you to go buy a cheapie at HF. Just kidding...well, sort of
    I looked but still more than id care to spend. And i dont really have a place to store it, which is a big deterrent.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    My dyson has a crevice too but its too tight to be able to really move around and get to everything.
    They make thinner, longer, crevice tools, too..
    That is how I get everything vacuumed out of those hard to reach places in any vehicle.

A Steamer with a nozzle that has 1 jet can also move things out of places..

The last option is a long, thin-handled brush that has long, flexible bristles that can fit in between seats and you brush everything out the back..

So, no matter if you move the seat/s all the way back and all the way forward, you can`t reach that spot ??

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    They make thinner, longer, crevice tools, too..
    That is how I get everything vacuumed out of those hard to reach places in any vehicle.

A Steamer with a nozzle that has 1 jet can also move things out of places..

The last option is a long, thin-handled brush that has long, flexible bristles that can fit in between seats and you brush everything out the back..

So, no matter if you move the seat/s all the way back and all the way forward, you can`t reach that spot ??

Dan F
    Mostly in between the seat and door side. And directly under the seat rails there where i cant much get to at all.
    Likes Ollever liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh- ok, that side under the rails..

That can be harder for sure if you have raised the seat if it can be raised, and then tried from the front and back inside the vehicle, and still not working..

For that area I sometimes just blow a lot of steam or air, under there or get the crevice tool on the extractor and try to fit it as close as possible, and I always get everything out..
    I have to, because I tell every Client - "there will be NO dirt in your vehicle when I am done with it"..

Last thing if all else fails is to remove the nuts or bolts and lift the seat up, put blocks under it and get it clean or if it`s all or nothing, take the big, dang, heavy thing out, being very careful to not scratch the door, etc., on the way in or out.. I hate doing that..
    Dan F

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My dyson has a crevice too but its too tight to be able to really move around and get to everything.
    I have a Dyson too and the crevice tool is larger than the Hoover

ps .. there has to be an attachment that can get where you need at a lower cost than another machine
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ok then, the engineer comes out of me now then. Take some like 3/8 hose 12" or so. Stick about 3inches into the smallest nozzle you have that won`t compress it. Take black tape and cover the all of the opening of the vacuum nozzle and seal up tight around the hose. Now you have 9 inches of flexible hose to reach those areas. Hopefully I explained that so you can visualize what I`m saying.

Oh and it might help if you cut the end of the hose at a 45 to help it suck from the carpet better.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Oh- ok, that side under the rails..

That can be harder for sure if you have raised the seat if it can be raised, and then tried from the front and back inside the vehicle, and still not working..

For that area I sometimes just blow a lot of steam or air, under there or get the crevice tool on the extractor and try to fit it as close as possible, and I always get everything out..
    I have to, because I tell every Client - "there will be NO dirt in your vehicle when I am done with it"..

Last thing if all else fails is to remove the nuts or bolts and lift the seat up, put blocks under it and get it clean or if it`s all or nothing, take the big, dang, heavy thing out, being very careful to not scratch the door, etc., on the way in or out.. I hate doing that..
    Dan F
    Removing the seats is a bit of a pain. Was going to remove them a while back to sound deaden the floor. Trying to looswn the bolts proved difficult. Such a tight spot, tough to build up enough leverage and hate to get them loose. Could try again but im not optimistic.

Ill try some more with the crevice tool, canned air and jamming sticky lint sheets in there. Should be able to reach the theeshold of “good enough.”

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah for some seat bolts, you need a lot of extensions on a ratchet to get you away from the tight area, and the one at the floor a flexible extension, the correct size socket, and sometimes even a breaker bar at your end of it to just break the thing loose..

Or the right sized off-set wrench, hopefully a longer one, so you can get enough leverage, or be able to put a pipe over it to help get more leverage..

The whole idea is to get the seat frame rails up high enough to allow you to get under them, around them, and then you are good..
    Wish you were close by, we could get that all done !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

The vacuum cleaner with the tube wont quite get where i need to get. Pet hair and such in there. Looking to trade in the near future and trying to get her all cleaned up, and this is sorta the last little bit to get to. Any tricks or suggestions? Tried vacuuming and it doeant get it all. Lint roller helped but again its a tight spot and couldnt really roll around in there. What else works?
    I just did a quick search on Amazon and up popped a bunch of crevice tools(long ones) starting at under $10 and going up from there.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    I just did a quick search on Amazon and up popped a bunch of crevice tools(long ones) starting at under $10 and going up from there.
    The key is whether or not itll fit on a dyson

Post Thanks / Like

Some give measurements for what size tube they fit. I might need to order one up. My Camaro needs to get cleaned up for a possible trade this summer.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Some give measurements for what size tube they fit. I might need to order one up. My Camaro needs to get cleaned up for a possible trade this summer.
    I just went out and measured the male end of my MetroVac vacuum hose and its 1-1/4" outside diameter.

The Inside Diameter of all my vacuum tools including the long and superlong thin, crevice tools is 1-1/2", so the tools slip fit tight over the male end of the MetroVac hose just fine..

If your Dyson Male end hose (that takes the attachments) is the same size as MetroVac, (1-1/4" outside diameter), there should be no trouble with this size crevice tool.. I have lots of them different sizes; some have flexible ends close to the bottom so they can bend slightly around things, etc., those I use the most..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Someone already mentioned the Rigid crevice tool, but I want to second that suggestion. The Rigid crevice tool is long, slender, and near the tip has some knuckles to make it flexible. If you can`t find one sold individually at Home Depot, there is another option. Go to Amazon, and search for Workshop WS12532A. It is about $11. The accessories for Rigid and Workshop vacs are made by the same company, so they are identical.

Post Thanks / Like

Removing the seats is a bit of a pain. Was going to remove them a while back to sound deaden the floor. Trying to looswn the bolts proved difficult. Such a tight spot, tough to build up enough leverage and hate to get them loose. Could try again but im not optimistic.
    I think you`ve got the right approach - If removing the seat isn`t going 100% your way, I`d suggest not risking any damage by continuing to get it out.

Might sound crazy, and maybe I`m not visualizing the space right, but what about folding up an old towel and using a long screwdriver/etc to drag it through the area to help pick up/relocate debris to an area you can get to?

Post Thanks / Like

There are universal-fit crevice tool sets that are a ready-made version of what Coleroad suggested. Mine work fine on all my vacuums but I somehow thought those had been tried/rejected in this case.

jrock645- OK on not buying the HF compressor, guess I`m still amazed by how well the $40 thing works..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information