Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help : Client spilled Stabil Diesel Gas Treatment onto floor mat, let sit, now in carpet/padding...how to remove odor and stain

For tough grease stains I use WD-40. Sometimes it takes a lot of it to get it out. Once the stain is out, a normal degreaser will get WD-40 out.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help : Client spilled Stabil Diesel Gas Treatment onto floor mat, let sit, now in carpet/padding...how to remove odor and stain

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Sounds more like a comprehensive insurance claim to me. If the diesel sta-bil is anything like diesel itself. That smell is almost impossible to ever get rid of. The voc`s from it in a closed up car could definitely case some health issues too. If I were a professional detailer I wouldn`t take on that liability. Let his insurance take that liability instead.
    Unless comprehensive insurance is dramatically different where the client lives (than in NJ), this is not a covered loss. If the item had spilled as a result of a collision with another object(collision), or one with an animal (comprehensive), it would be covered due to the proximate cause of the loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Unless comprehensive insurance is dramatically different where the client lives (than in NJ), this is not a covered loss. If the item had spilled as a result of a collision with another object(collision), or one with an animal (comprehensive), it would be covered due to the proximate cause of the loss.
    If your comprehensive coverage only covers animal damage. then you need to get insurance from someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    If your comprehensive coverage only covers animal damage. then you need to get insurance from someone else.
    Trust me.....it covers much more than that....I spent many, many years in claims......but I`m not aware of comprehensive that covers something randomly spilling in a vehicle...I was speaking to the only circumstance I could think of where comprehensive would cover something spilled....if your insurance company covers that, then please PM me their contact info

P.S. my apologies to the OP for temporarily hijacking your thread...best of luck with your situation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information