Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best glass cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    The new can/redesign of sprayway is garbage! I`ve taken my pack back to Costco and am in search of the old bottles
    Uh, Oh. That isn`t good news. I bought a couple cans a year or two and am finally getting low. I hope the product in the spray can at Walmart or Tru Value hasn`t changed.

Post Thanks / Like

Sprayway smells good but does not perform like stoners imho.

Post Thanks / Like

There are many great glass cleaners on the market. I prefer Aquapel`s glass cleaner. But I think more than that, what you use to clean them with is the key. I have micro fiber glass rags that I only use on cars. And they work fantastic. Sometimes I might use a detail spray to clean the windows as well. But it`s the rags that you use that makes the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few really good glass cleaners, 1Z among them (the best), but when I get window cleaners on paint, I`m always like, "hmmm, is that bad?" Thus, I really like Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe as a glass cleaner. Made for paint, works great on glass!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Pricey, but Polish Angel Diver w/ 16x16 Gyeon Silk Dryer towel....
    That Gyeon Silk Dryer is SUCH a good towel. I bought mine just as the hype about GG PFM towels started, and I haven`t been tempted by the PFM`s at all because this Silk Dryer is SO good. It finally replaced Dry Me A River as my favorite drying towel. Sorry, off topic a bit.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Ardex Heavy duty Glass cleaner. Can be deluted as well.
    Also have recently tried The Amazing Whip-It glass cleaner. I was surprised how well it worked. And inexpensive also

Post Thanks / Like

This is the area of detailing that ALWAYS gave me fits. No matter what brand of glass cleaner I used, I could never end up w a streak free windshield. Especially on the interior of the car.

So awhile back I was searching "Cleaning Windshield" on You Tube and came across a guy that recommended the following:

- 2 Cups Water (I use distilled water)
    - 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
    - 1/2 teaspoon of soap (I use Dawn)

It worked better than any glass cleaner I have ever used. Amazing. I may follow it up w something like a Sprayaway or a Stoner`s - sort of as a final "fine tuning" step - but 99% of the time you won`t need to. I`ll never go back to using anything else for glass cleaning.

I use these towels for glass cleaning:

https://www.theragcompany.com/16-x-2...rofiber-towel/

Link to the You Tube Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3qV-4UAIbw
    Likes LEDetailng, Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a quick search for KL!N Glass Shine towels will get you where you need to be?

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh...that YMMV! just keeps happening I was never satisfied by any of the Homebrew Glass Cleaners and I`ve never liked using QD/RW on `em either. Never know what`ll work for you/not until you try...

Post Thanks / Like

Guess what I found in my garage last week.

Hidden on a shelf behind some No Touch tire dressing, a brand new dust covered can of Zep40 glass cleaner. FYI, I don’t store any of my detailing supplies out in the garage. These products have been out there since 2010, pre-Autopian/Autogeek Days.

I brought the aerosol can inside and let it warm up. Few hours later I tried it out and it spray foamed and flowed as if it was brand new. Now I need to try it out. I’ve got a dirty windshield at work that hasn’t been cleaned in months. I’m excited to see how it works. It has been years since I used Zep40.

Yeah Accumulator, I’ll keep it off delicate plastics

Post Thanks / Like

LEDetailing- Heh heh, yeah I *BET* you will...still remember that Cadillac, huh?!?

Is that one of the old, big cans? Must be if it`s that old..I`ve saved one just for, well...the sake of having a big `un on hand.
    Likes LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    LEDetailing- Heh heh, yeah I *BET* you will...still remember that Cadillac, huh?!?

Is that one of the old, big cans? Must be if it`s that old..I`ve saved one just for, well...the sake of having a big `un on hand.
    24oz, I believe its the big can. I think what makes Zep40 so effective is its high alcohol content. That was the first thing I noticed when I smelled the aerosol for the first time in years. Makes me wonder how effective my IPA/distilled water mix would be for maintaining my always clean interior windows.

Post Thanks / Like

LEDetailing- On the home-brew, I might be in some alternate universe as others say such mixes work well but not for me. Heh heh, none ever worked like Zep40, that`s for certain!

And yeah, that`s the big/old can Now the`re 18oz. and more expensive to boot. And now it`s not called "Glass Cleaner", but rather "Cleaner for Non-Conductive Surfaces". I bet somebody trashed some tinted windows with it, forcing the name change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    LEDetailing- On the home-brew, I might be in some alternate universe as others say such mixes work well but not for me. Heh heh, none ever worked like Zep40, that`s for certain!

And yeah, that`s the big/old can Now the`re 18oz. and more expensive to boot. And now it`s not called "Glass Cleaner", but rather "Cleaner for Non-Conductive Surfaces". I bet somebody trashed some tinted windows with it, forcing the name change.
    Funny, I looked at the can and mine doesn’t say glass cleaner. “Streak free cleaner, Zep40, for non-conductive surfaces”

Mine is reminent from my dad’s car lot. We ordered Zep products by the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn`t there a rag or cloth that all you had to do was wet them with water and wipe the glass, no cleaner. I thought it was all the age here for a while. What ever happen to those?

I don`t use anything pricey, just Glass Plus. It is ammonia free and I have it around for cleaning my eyeglasses as you don`t want the ammonia vapor getting into your eyes when it is flashing off if you put them on right away after drying. For a bug encrusted windshield I use regular old Windex. I use old bath towels, or even old T-shirts(100% cotton), for drying and if it looks streaky grab a newspaper page crumple it up and run it across the glass, it seems to work for me. I quit using microfiber on glass because after I had used them backing the car out of the garage and into the sun I had all those fine microfiber hairs all over the windshield. First time I couldn`t figure out what it was, second time I figured it out and that was the end of them.
    Dean.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information