Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best glass cleaner?

"SweetProjectCars," on YT, swears that 303 on wipers, and all other rubber for that matter--including tires, will make them last a lot longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    3D 50:1 worked great for me. Except for the unusual black cultures that would grow in the bottle over time. My garage has a lot of natural light. I keep a bottle in a dark closet for when I need something stronger than N-914. This helps with the growths.
    Yikes, I`ll be keeping an eye peeled for that! Did they form in the oe bottle of concentrate or your spray bottle of mix?

I don`t have that much natural light in my shop, and I keep my mix in a basically opaque bottle, but still...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I first discovered it following a road trip to my in-laws and I needed to get footprints off the inside of the windshield....
    That "feet up by the windshield" is Darwinism waiting to happen. My father-in-law had an ancient can of the stuff in his garage. A couple years later I noticed the shop installing tint on my windows used it as well. They had cases of the stuff staked in the back of their work bay. It has always worked great for me on both interior and exterior glass. It cuts though all manner of grime and is really easy to get a streak-free finish. As well as it performs, I`ll never be able to pay more for the more expensive products offered by all the traditional detailing brands.

Counter to popular thought, I`ve found using paper towels with Sprayway is the best way to go.. I tried using various MF and glass towels and was never able to get away from streaks..[/QUOTE]

I`d be *really* interested to hear what you`d think of the GG Polypropylene Window Wipes, which IMO are like high-falutin` paper towels that work better.

I`m not sure what I`m doing all so special (joke) but for some reason I simply don`t have issues with my glass streaking the way it used to, guess I`ll just count my blessings, but gee... Especially the smeary mess from road salt in the winter, that used to simply drive me *NUTS* but now it`s pretty much a non-issue. Not like I have some Secret Sauce or WindowMoJo, I just somehow quit having issues...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    "SweetProjectCars," on YT, swears that 303 on wipers, and all other rubber for that matter--including tires, will make them last a lot longer.
    Noting that my blades seem to last forever anyhow, I never figured out how rubbing Trim Slime on something that`s gonna move across my glass might be a good idea. The few times I tried it I got more issues in the rain, but I didn`t pursue the whole thing in any real attempt to get dialed-in.

I mean...I sure wouldn`t spray 303/etc. on a Glass Towel and then rub that against my windshield...

I just wipe my blades with whatever Glass Cleaner I`m using and all is well. Haven`t replaced a set for a few years now and I`m really picky about them [INSERT rant about the huge skipped/missed zone on the Crown Vic that I can`t seem to sort out!], and just like my miraculous recent good luck with keeping the glass streak-free, I can`t explain it, but I sure don`t mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Zep40, but keep it off of aftermarket tint and other fragile surfaces! And I simply hate that it`s aerosol...

3D 50:1 is very good too.

Those are the only ones I`m using these days and I`ve tried a lot of `em.
    Which 3D do you dilute 50:1?
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Stoners is the best I used with the exception of the nextzett concentrate that Driver made for me. I find a good glass specific microfiber washed in hydrogen peroxide cleaner without any other towels makes more of a difference. I noticed that my glass towels always seemed best until I washed them. Then I started segregating towels by use and washing them in their groups. Problem solved.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The new can/redesign of sprayway is garbage! I`ve taken my pack back to Costco and am in search of the old bottles
    Reflective Impressions

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t seem to like any of the glass cleaners that use ammonia. I prefer to use vinegar glass cleaner. Seems to work better and way less streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    The new can/redesign of sprayway is garbage! I`ve taken my pack back to Costco and am in search of the old bottles
    Why/how is the new design garbage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Why/how is the new design garbage?
    Streaks horribly, regardless of the MF or paper towel
    Reflective Impressions

Post Thanks / Like

Which 3D do you dilute 50:1?
    The jug I have says "50:1 Glass Cleaner", that might be the actual product name, but I dunno for sure (won mine as a prize).
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

...[the new can of Sprayway]..Streaks horribly, regardless of the MF or paper towel
    So they changed the formula too, and not just the can?

When Zep40 cans shrank at least they still kept the same product.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad
    I don`t seem to like any of the glass cleaners that use ammonia. I prefer to use vinegar glass cleaner. Seems to work better and way less streaking.
    Same experience here *with consumer Glass Cleaners* like Windex. With the commercial stuff like Zep the ammoniated stuff works fine for me as long as I keep it off certain materials.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yikes, I`ll be keeping an eye peeled for that! Did they form in the oe bottle of concentrate or your spray bottle of mix?

I don`t have that much natural light in my shop, and I keep my mix in a basically opaque bottle, but still...
    It forms in my mix bottle which is a clear 16oz bottle. I also use distilled water. So I assume it is the light triggering the growth. It has happened twice. So I just checked my current bottle stored in the dark and it`s clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Rupes, Sprayway, Stoner`s, Meguiar`s Perfect Clarity & D120 on my shelf and reach for D120 most often. I do believe that technique and towels are more important than the liquid. I use a mid-grade, non-linting MF or a demoted WW as my "mop", then follow it with a low-nap dedicated window towel as a polisher. I`ve tried other chemicals and other towel combinations, but nothing seems to work any better than my standard routine. Of course I`m from PA, so I don`t often deal with 100 degrees and blinding sun like you guys in Florida.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Tc99m- Ah, OK...thanks for the heads-up, I`ll be keeping an eye on mine.

Yesterday I had a really nasty salt-mess on the Tahoe`s windshield/backlight...genuinely awful, a crusty white/brown buildup. Had to do the following:
    -Zep40 via cotton
    - " via WWMF for Glass
    -3D via PFM for Glass

I probably could`ve skipped that middle step, but those PMFs for Glass are *so* small that I wanted to save them for the final pass(es).
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information