Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best glass cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Stoner`s is very good, Bob. There are loads of good glass cleaners, I`ve sampled many. To date, I think the only stand-out product I`ve found is the nextzett glass cleaner. I really like it. The official name is "Windscreen Clear".

If you are in a mood to sample, try the product from Sprayway, too. It`s been around for years, is cheap and loads of places sell it.

Well, I was out of any glass cleaner and was next to an autoparts store, so I see the can of Sprayway and bought it. Of course it was drizzling outside, but how bad can it be? I may try one of the better (more expensive ones) at a later date.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, the Sprayway is good. Sample it, sample a bunch more. See what you like.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate cleaning windows and it seemed like no matter which cleaner I tried it would always leave streaks on the inside glass of my van. Then I decided to use poorboys pro polish on the inside, and it cleared them up.
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow page two and no votes for Poorboys World?! Once I run out of the rest of PBW I have some PA Diver I am looking forward to trying. I don`t see it replacing PBW at the cost, but just to see what the hype is about.
    Thanks Poorboy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The most effective glass cleaner I have used so far is Angelwax Vision. Downside is it has a really strong smell. So if sensitive to that hold the sprayer near the mf towel and spray in it. But man does it clean well and no streaking afterwards. Is a good combo to use Angelwax h2go as a water repellent product to the outside windows. One the inside windows I like Scholl ICE witch is a sticky one as Sonax. It leaves a water repellent behind that works okey with the fog inside.

Post Thanks / Like

My current go to is Blackfire Glass Cleaner, reminds me of of Nexziet in cutting ability although would give a slight nod to the Nexziet.
    Wolfgang is slick leaves a nice shine and does a good job of repelling water but the cleaning ability is not as good as some. Use this on exterior only as it does leave a bit of a film.
    Last is Invisible glass, available anywhere at a good price. This is what I carry in the car for quick jobs and put into gift boxes for friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I`ve always been happy with Sprayway glass cleaner.

Not only does it work great, but I can find it at most grocery, big box, and hardware stores for around $1.50 a can.
    Yep, that`s what I use, for much the same reasons: It is available over-the-counter almost anywhere. I talked with a local professional detailer who does quantity detailing for used-car lots and the general public when he came out of Sam`s Club with two 12-count shrink-wrapped packs of this glass cleaner. Said he and his co-workers goes through this much about every 2 weeks; just replenishing his supply.

I am guessing that the type and manufacturer/supplier/vendor of the glass-cleaning microfiber clothe/towel makes a BIG difference as well in getting glass clean and streak-free (the bane and nemesis of all vehicle detailers). If you have suggestions for that, I would be interested to know your opinions and wipe-on-wipe-off (application and removal) methodologies about that as well!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I like the new Stoner Invisible Glass wipes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    3D 50:1 is very good too.

Those are the only ones I`m using these days and I`ve tried a lot of `em.
    You`ve mentioned that one before, and makes me want to try it. Don`t worry about spending my money; I have a free gallon waiting for me at a 3D store! Just haven`t gone to get it, as I have a ton of other glass cleaners (namely D120 from Megs).

Quote Originally Posted by lxjeremy View Post
    Wow page two and no votes for Poorboys World?!
    I have lot`s of their products, happy with them, but haven`t tried their glass cleaner. But, I have so much glass cleaner, I can`t see myself getting something new anytime soon! And that`s with me using my stuff for the house windows, too!!

Post Thanks / Like

LEDetailing- Heh heh, IIRC you did a bit of damage with the Zep40 before you learned to keep it off interiors Heh heh#2, guess how I know what it does to aftermarket tint (and I mean industrial stuff on a building that`d held up to other bad stuff just fine)

The Zep40 cuts/REMOVES salt residue in the winter like nothing I`ve ever tried..one pass with a cotton towel, second go-around with something better (GG PMF for glass and GG Polypropylene Window Wipes are my absolute faves) and everything`s fine. NOTHING else has ever done it for me with just two steps when the salt is really built up.

And on the house it cuts through the [whatever`s on there] just great, with only minimal work with a razor blade during the dwell period.

Pricey stuff though, especially since they`ve made the cans a lot smaller.

JustJesus- I`d be really interested to hear what you think of the 3D 50:1. Just don`t try to improve it by mixing it up stronger as the [whatever it leaves behind] seems to "die off" cleaner/with fewer artifacts when mixed per directions.
    Likes LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

3D 50:1 worked great for me. Except for the unusual black cultures that would grow in the bottle over time. My garage has a lot of natural light. I keep a bottle in a dark closet for when I need something stronger than N-914. This helps with the growths.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Yep, that`s what I use, for much the same reasons: It is available over-the-counter almost anywhere. I talked with a local professional detailer who does quantity detailing for used-car lots and the general public when he came out of Sam`s Club with two 12-count shrink-wrapped packs of this glass cleaner. Said he and his co-workers goes through this much about every 2 weeks; just replenishing his supply.

I am guessing that the type and manufacturer/supplier/vendor of the glass-cleaning microfiber clothe/towel makes a BIG difference as well in getting glass clean and streak-free (the bane and nemesis of all vehicle detailers). If you have suggestions for that, I would be interested to know your opinions and wipe-on-wipe-off (application and removal) methodologies about that as well!!
    I first discovered it following a road trip to my in-laws and I needed to get footprints off the inside of the windshield. My father-in-law had an ancient can of the stuff in his garage. A couple years later I noticed the shop installing tint on my windows used it as well. They had cases of the stuff staked in the back of their work bay. It has always worked great for me on both interior and exterior glass. It cuts though all manner of grime and is really easy to get a streak-free finish. As well as it performs, I`ll never be able to pay more for the more expensive products offered by all the traditional detailing brands.

Counter to popular thought, I`ve found using paper towels with Sprayway is the best way to go. I don`t use the thick, rag-like, multi-ply ones that dust/lint like crazy, but simply Bounty single-ply paper towels. I tried using various MF and glass towels and was never able to get away from streaks. These days I just spray a small patch of the Sprayway on the glass so that it foams up, and then wipe it around the window with a paper towel. In warmer temps it usually dries right away. When cooler and more humid, I`ll go back for a second pass with a dry towel to ensure there are no streaks or residue left over. The only downside to this approach is the risk of over-spray. I counter this by doing the windows first and then the rest of the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

I use 2 glass mf towels 16×16" 340gsm 73/27 blend no nap. They are really dense and no lint. Either spray directly to the glass or in the mf towel. Depending on the situation as windy outside or if inside windows I spray it on the mf towel. When useing Angelwax Vision a windscreen needs about 4-6 sprays when sprayed directly to it. First towel does the grunt work and spreading if there are any of the oily film streak left behind the second towel takes care of that. The inside I use a glass cleaner tool with a mf bonnet if it`s very dirty and really cut thrue the dirt. And follow up with 1 of the glass mf towel. Have a glass ww mf towel I testing to use as the second towel follow up. Cause the glass mf towel can be really grabby when the windows becomes squeeqe clean I have 6 towels to do a car and 2 bonnets and fold them twice as useally with a 16×16". And when I see that it`s begin to streak I flipp or fold to a new clean side. It`s often not that much of dirt left after the wash. Just that oily road film that has been a PIA to get of. Not so much anymore when I have done it some time. And use a water repellent product to all the outside windows is helpfull to maintance cleaning is easier to do.

Be carefull to do the glass cleaning first without a thorough rinse. The chances to get grit in the mf towel that can scratch the glass is higher. Those rinseless solution when doing glass I think lowering it thou. And those that is like a gel is a bit safer I think.

Then something I forgot about before is to clean the wipers thorough also. They I will start to test Adam`s tire and rubber rejuvenate cleaner to get them clean. Thinking about to buy 303 aerospace protectant or if I will test with the 303 rubber seal protectant I have. To treat the rubber on the wipers with. Now I only use APC to clean the wipers with till they stop leaving that black dirt. Sometimes I use the glass cleaner on them. But needs some more effective cleaner on them and have a little hope on Adam`s t&r.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m surprised that Sonus` glass cleaner doesn`t get mentioned more often. It`s definitely one of the more pleasurable to use cleaners. It`s a strong all-arounder, and doesn`t require a lot of fuss. Smells good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of wiper blades, I always wondered what you should use to clean them. Would putting a rubber dressing/protectant on them make them smear or just not wipe very clean?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information