Post Thanks / Like

Best vacuum for beginner

Hey guys, long time reader but finally starting to do more with my car care. I am needing some recommendations for a good vacuum for doing interiors. I currently have a Stanley 4.5hp 5 gallon vaccum and it just doesn`t have enough oomph. I find I am constantly brushing my carpet but it just can`t pick it up. Hopefully not looking to break the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best vacuum for beginner

I can highly recommend the Ridgid WD4070 4-gallon, 5hp shop vac with the detailer accessories package. The triangle brush head in the detailer package is worth the cost of the kit alone, and the 7` hose is really nice, too. The vac was $80 from Home Depot, and the detailing kit was like $35-40, so for around $120 you can get a killer strong small portable vac that won`t drain your bank account.

I love mine, and lots of detailers use that Ridgid vac.
    Purple Towel Detailing
    FB + IG: @purpletoweldetailing
    Likes lloydrm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by upon3 View Post
    I can highly recommend the Ridgid WD4070 4-gallon, 5hp shop vac with the detailer accessories package. The triangle brush head in the detailer package is worth the cost of the kit alone, and the 7` hose is really nice, too. The vac was $80 from Home Depot, and the detailing kit was like $35-40, so for around $120 you can get a killer strong small portable vac that won`t drain your bank account.

I love mine, and lots of detailers use that Ridgid vac.
    That is similar to what I had my eye on. I was looking at the Ridgid WD5500 Wet/Dry vac with the Detailer package. At least I know I am on the right track.
    Likes upon3 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Case388- Noting that this might sound nutty....despite having several good wet/dry vacuums (heh heh, don`t ask why I have so many ), I use an old household vacuum cleaner for my interiors. Simply like it better and have zero complaints about its performance. Gets dog hair, gets everything. I do use an extractor for wet/winter messes, but most of the time the regular vacuum is my preference.
    Likes Casey388 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would think ANY decent vac on the market if not a cheap shop vac has plenty of suction power...

Merit points for me are attachements + how much *blowback + quality* of air that is expelled from the vac.
    Not a fair comparison, but I use a Miele vac *since it`s the home vac*, but it`s the attachements I use that makes worlds difference
    Likes Casey388 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    .. I use a Miele vac *since it`s the home vac*, but it`s the attachements I use that makes worlds difference
    Agree (says the other guy using a household vacuum), and the same thing goes for extractors too.

I do like the hose and switch location of a household unit too; I can put a smaller/lighter/more flexible hose on the wet/dry, but its switch still isn`t where I want it, have to go back to the unit to turn it on/off. And some household vaccums have a *VERY* conveniently placed degree-of-suction adjustment for those (relatively rare) times I want one.

Post Thanks / Like

That does actually make sense. When I really need to get a good clean I usually go grab my parents Electrolux just because I like all the attachments it has, like a motorized head that helps pick up dirt from the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. Miele has a small 6" powerbrush. Amazing for carpets...as it`s more effective with the rotohead.
    My go to crevice nozzle for the tight spots in about 3 feet long - siliconish/flexiable. Amazing as well.

They make super small brushes the size of a 2x2" brush head as well as 1" crevice head.
    I don`t use it often but it does have it uses at times.

Post Thanks / Like

mobiledynamics- Yeah, I have Vacuum Envy where those Mieles are concerned Everybody who has one simply loves it. I`m still running an early-`90s Hoover (which I can`t get parts for any more ).

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Ridgid plus detailing setup.

Works and hose is more than long enough for everything.

I had the $30 Costco porter cable vacuum. Not nearly enough suction and hose is way too short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick
    Likes upon3 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got a shopvac - well, if a Festool 36AC counts.

I know of plenty of Ridgids that have great suction power - dunno , if the suction level is adjustable.

The Big Hoses on a Shop Vac would not be my preference over the smaller ID/OD of a house vac.
    For fast cleaning, I`m sure it`s great. For detailed cleaning....like when I press the ~seams~ of the seats, the smaller agile hose is just more appealing to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had 2 Shop Vacs and with both the switches went bad with limited use.

Post Thanks / Like

If you only have one vac, be sure it is a wet/dry vac for maximum uses. The Home Depots Ridgids are nice but they make their money on the filters.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information