Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Something like 303 Aerospace Protectant, but with a more permanent wet look?

I have been using 303 on my interior & leather seats & after a few days its look really goes dry & almost like its not there. This is more a problem on leather that isn`t in brand new condition. You have to actually compare it to an area that hasn`t got a coat to really see that there is 303 on there.

I`m looking for something like 303 that is non sticky & transparent but that is a bit more noticeable & wet.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something like 303 Aerospace Protectant, but with a more permanent wet look?

Quote Originally Posted by Manix View Post
    non sticky & transparent but that is a bit more noticeable & wet.
    That sounds like a tough combination but interested to see what people say.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something like 303 Aerospace Protectant, but with a more permanent wet look?

I`ve yet to see it on dark colored car, but the CQ Leather coating did do a slight color change and sheen to my leather. Other users have reported no change. YMMV

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Natural Look will give you exactly what you are looking for
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

x2 on natural look

I love how it looks and works so much that I never even got around to using any of the Polish Angel fancy stuff I bought just for my car

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Ultimate Protectant or Ultimate Black.
    Search my post on MOL to see a comparison on gloss level.
    Last a few months.
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Nextzett Cockpit Premium. I still use the old 1z and its my go to for the interior. Don`t get it on the floor mats or steering wheel.

They also have a clean /natural look version, but it doesn`t do anything for me and it`s sitting, waiting for me to use it up.... on the kid`s car... . Well if you don`t like that, you clean it...!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jester7677 View Post
    Nextzett Cockpit Premium. I still use the old 1z and its my go to for the interior. Don`t get it on the floor mats or steering wheel...
    I`m still using up my 1ZCP too, love it. I don`t have any problems using it on the steering wheel, but I don`t use much so maybe that factors in.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe FK108 or PERL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jester7677 View Post
    Nextzett Cockpit Premium. I still use the old 1z and its my go to for the interior. Don`t get it on the floor mats or steering wheel.

They also have a clean /natural look version, but it doesn`t do anything for me and it`s sitting, waiting for me to use it up.... on the kid`s car... . Well if you don`t like that, you clean it...!
    Correction, I`m using 1z Vinyl-Rubber. Sorry bout that.

That might be why I say, don`t put it on the steering wheel. I love it. It`s not greasy and as shiny as old school armor all, but it has a Med shine that lasts about 1-2 months.

And my Audi likes German products....

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think traditional products give that "permanent" look. Many leave wet depending on how you appy (spray on directly to surface and then wipe) but never long lasting. For example, Mothers Protectant is one of the wettest (meaning glossy to me) products unless you apply to applicator then wipe. Application is key and know Todd showed how application is a big factor in final look.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

One BIG suggestion for wiping off any vinyl protectant is to use a cotton cloth, like a flour sack cloth used for drying dishes, to get it more even, Microfibers are too absorbent and tend to "smear" the protectant whereas a cotton cloth will evenly distribute the product.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using a typical soft kitchen sink sponge to apply the 303 in a firm manner with pressure & a MF cloth to wipe up any runs etc. Its so easy to apply this stuff, but after a few days old leather starts to look average again when the product de-glosses.

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- While I do still find many uses for cotton towels, I`ve quit using them around windows (think...side glass) and tires because the cotton lint gets stuck on the rubber surround seals. I use demoted household MFs and by the time they get relegated to this kind of duty they aren`t too absorbent.

Manix- I wouldn`t bother using the 303 for that unless you have a good reason (and sure, "I like how it looks for those few days" is a perfectly good reason in my book ). I`ve softened up stiff-as-cardboard leather and it`s stayed that way for months one end; maybe you need something else.

Note that when I read "wipe up any runs" I think how you must use a zillion times more product than I ever do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Lonnie- Manix- I wouldn`t bother using the 303 for that unless you have a good reason (and sure, "I like how it looks for those few days" is a perfectly good reason in my book ). I`ve softened up stiff-as-cardboard leather and it`s stayed that way for months one end; maybe you need something else.

Note that when I read "wipe up any runs" I think how you must use a zillion times more product than I ever do.

I`m about to try Zaino 10 leather in a bottle for seats. Its very rare that I get runs with 303 but sometimes it happens when there is too much on sponge. But this stufff is soo easy to apply. Its the one thing I actually don`t mind doing with car detailing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information