Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So what`s everyone like for leather care?

I really like the PBL leather coating. Actually use it on my birkenstocks for work often.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a big fan of Leather Masters Strong Leather Cleaner mixed 50/50 with hot water. This cleans just about anything. I follow with LM Leather Protectant. I do this maybe every 3-4 months depending on the conditions of my DD. On a weekly basis, I wipe down with a wrung out towel and finish with Meguiar`s QID.

The thing I like about the QID is I can use it on nearly everything, LCD panels, dash, any vinyl or plastic and it doesn`t leave any added gloss but does leave UV protection. QID makes it easy to keep the interior pristine with very little effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Please see this thread Most Effective Leather Reconditioner
    and look at Post #25 from Stokdgs on Page 2 Thread is from October of 2016
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I usually just wipe down with woolite/distilled water
    dry with clean mf
    twice a year use some mothers conditioner, very little, wipe off excess, after the cleaning
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like

McKee

Really great product.

And...

Mothers All-In-One Leather Care

Was a real sleeper. This stuff is fantastic.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I have been on a leather cleaning product spree lately.
    So far I have used Gyeon Leather Cleaner and Leather Coat on my passenger seat in my DD as a test.
    Leather cleaner foams up nicely and cleaned up the oils/ grime well. Wipe off did take a bit of effort mostly because I think I went a bit heavy with the product initially. It also seems to foam up a lot better with soft bristle brushes as opposed to stiffer bristles like the Sonax leather cleaning brush.

I have the sonax leather products as well but have not had a chance to test them out yet.

My favorite 3 in 1 leather product is the Griots Garage 3 in 1 Leather. It cleans well, leaves nice soft conditioned feel, not glossy just matte, and it smells great!
    Its the one I use most regulary and I love using it on our leather couches as well every few months.

Post Thanks / Like

For weekly maintenance I use 303 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. Doesn`t have a fake leather smell and it`s not shiny or greasy.

I also have Optimum Leather Protectant which I like a well.

Post Thanks / Like

Still just giving mine a quick wipe with an Interior QD, haven`t actually cleaned/treated anything since forever.

Post Thanks / Like

This isn`t a one shoe fits all question. Depends a lot on what climate you`re in. The one thing that true no matter where you are, is keep it clean. Vacuum with upholstery brush, wipe with a lubricated microfiber, or compressed air so it isn`t rubbing like sandpaper. I do this at least twice a week. Steam cleaning them twice a year with the brush covered with a microfiber cloth. This seems to keep the leather hydrated . Yes I use conditioners once in awhile, but I`ve used many different ones over the years. My thoughts on what conditioner to use, use what you like. If it does nothing else, it seems to help prevent stains especially from blue jeans. This is a fifteen year old seat here. So what`s everyone like for leather care?-img_0059.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m still not doing much of anything with my leather interiors other than keep them clean. Newest is the `01 S8 and no problems...

Post Thanks / Like

Very simple - Poor Boys leather stuff. Cleans and "protects" lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- Didn`t see your post when I did my last one on this thread...that`s one CLEAN interior for such a light color, let alone given its age.

Post Thanks / Like

I did use Poorboys until I switched to Optimum Leather Protectant Plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Coleroad- Didn`t see your post when I did my last one on this thread...that`s one CLEAN interior for such a light color, let alone given its age.
    This one of two cars of mine I`ve had since new. The Buick is a 2016, so it should still look great. My other cars are at different degrees of nice. The leather in the jag has cracks in it, but it had so when I bought her. The leather in the Land Rover just doesn`t have that new look. I`m not sure how to describe it. It`s not in bad shape. Having bought the sc430 new I`ve been able to keep it near pristine. So that`s the one I`m proud of, because it was just me that took care of it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- That`s some *well deserved* pride IMO!

Cracks in Jag/Connolly leather- The leather in my `85 XJS (the ultimate "Monday or Friday-build" car, just my luck..) cracked almost immediately, they even replaced an arm rest under warranty it was so bad. THEN...there was a huge snafu where it got left outdoors in hot/sunny/awful conditions for an extended period Yeah, sigh...you can guess but I don`t mind any more (I tell myself that at this point it`s merely patina). The Connolly leather in my `93 Audi has held up infinitely better despite the car having twice the miles and a much harder life (original owner is an elderly lady I know; it was her "Winter Car when in Ohio" so you`d think it`d be kinda bad).

The leather in my beater-Tahoe (purchased in "next stop is either an auction or the wrecking yard" condition and used primarily to haul big dogs) is just TERRIBLY cracked but hasn`t gotten *any* worse despite really hard use over, gee..?how long?..quite a few years now. People thought I`d have to have it replaced, but nope

Decent quality leather is often tough stuff; IME the cosmetic condition doesn`t always reflect its functional condition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information