Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What products are you using for carpet/upolstery

Just as the subject says, what products do the professionals here keep on hand to make sure you are prepared for just about everything including the worst of the worst when it comes to upholstery and carpet? Not looking for tool suggestions, but types of products. APC, enzymes, traffic lane cleaners, protein stain removers etc.

I`m stepping up my interior game for the upcoming season (purchased a Myeee HP60) and want to make sure I`m prepared for everything. Planning on having an APC (obviously), picking up a traffic lane cleaner, as well as having just ordered a cleaner thru Daimer that was $50/gal that`s biodegradeable and non toxic.

I want to try and keep the number of different products I carry to a minimum as I already carry way too many

What are you guys using?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What products are you using for carpet/upolstery

general carpet cleaner, hd.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had great luck with Folex. Both in the car and in the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Shane -

I don`t know how the smaller extractors work - but a single bottle of TLC from a good carpet chem manuf and Mytee is amazing on interior fabrics. It`s INSANELY economical too relative to a standard gallon jug. I may may wrong and may need to check, but if memory recalls, it`s at 1:32. And you don`t use much. Just enough for a pretreat before extraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a Pro, but we don`t use Winter Matts in the A8 and the dogs sometimes make a mess despite my efforts to keep things covered.

I usually do carpets/fabrics with Pros stuff from companies like ChemSpec or Hi-Temp (Top of the Line`s house brand). A gallon of concentrate will last forever, but that means that, well...hope you like it since it`ll be on the shelf for a while.

I`ve also done well with products from 3M, but those aren`t as common as the ChemSpec stuff.
    ShaneB- I`ll be interested to hear how you like the cleaner from Daimer. I`ve never run any chemicals through my 1500C.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Not a Pro, but we don`t use Winter Matts in the A8 and the dogs sometimes make a mess despite my efforts to keep things covered.

I usually do carpets/fabrics with Pros stuff from companies like ChemSpec or Hi-Temp (Top of the Line`s house brand). A gallon of concentrate will last forever, but that means that, well...hope you like it since it`ll be on the shelf for a while.

I`ve also done well with products from 3M, but those aren`t as common as the ChemSpec stuff.
    ShaneB- I`ll be interested to hear how you like the cleaner from Daimer. I`ve never run any chemicals through my 1500C.
    I wont be putting it in my 1000cvp because it`s just a carpet and upholstery cleaner. Although I do believe it`s safe for it. I did purchase duprays biovap APC that`s safe to use in my machine for detergent injection and it has to be one of the greatest things ever. Imagine not needing dwell time for your APC. It works FAST. Really is a whole new level of working. I basically stopped using spray bottles of OPC because I have the detergent inject at my fingertips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I wont be putting it in my 1000cvp because it`s just a carpet and upholstery cleaner...
    OK, copy that...

... I did purchase duprays biovap APC that`s safe to use in my machine for detergent injection and it has to be one of the greatest things ever. ..
    Huh, maybe I oughta give it a try some time if you think it`s really All That. Thanks for the info, I never took the whole chemical injection thing seriously and I guess I should have. Eh, I can get cynical when somebody who`s selling stuff talks it up, but coming from you....well, OK.

Post Thanks / Like

give it a shot I`m sure you`ll be impressed. It works extremely well on those nasty steering wheels, you know, those ones with the driver who uses moisturizer 10x a day. The steam doesn`t touch it but as soon as that burst of detergent hits it, melts right off. Nothing like hitting dirt with superheated APC

Post Thanks / Like

ShaneB- Actually, I was thinking of using it on household/dog stuff

Fortunately, I just don`t have to deal with nasty autos since I only do my own, and Accumulatorette is on-board regarding moisturizers on the steering wheels (a pal of mine trashed the one on the Audi I sold her by using the wrong handcream and then parking it in the sun).

Post Thanks / Like

I carry Megs APC diluted at different ratios, Folex , 3D Orange Degreaser and recently messed around with *drumroll* ... LA`s Totally Awesome ($1 for 32oz concentrate) in a beat up interior with great results.

Sprayed(LA`s) on the area, straight ,let dwell, spray again at 10:1 then agitated with brush ,vacuum, then hit with steam and dried with slow vacuum passes and MF Towel. I don`t even know what that stain was, but it looked GROSS in person(and not many things gross me out) . It was thick,crusty,caked on and I seriously did not think that it was going to come off.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes mikejames, trashmanssd, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have had great results with poorboys carpet cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

It`s good for people to post about which Carpet Cleaners are good. Far too many perform poorly while sudsing way too much and being too tough to rinse out.
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Been using Folex to spot treat and Folex or 303 Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner in the shampooer for years. No problems with sudsing or rinsing out per Accumulators post.

Post Thanks / Like

Marine Clerk- Kinda funny that I`ve *never* tried Folex...it`s kinda a Standard Answer that everybody loves. For some reason I just knee-jerk against 303 stuff as I wasn`t impressed with their protectant, or dressing (or whatever their "regular product for vinyl/rubber" is properly called)...eh, guess that`s just me

Post Thanks / Like

The poor boys enzyme and shampoo combo is outstanding!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information