Thread: A bit of dye?

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of dye?

Anyone ever tried to recondition a faded out spot on a seat or some carpet? Just something I was kicking around in the old noggin. Sometimes you can clean all you want, but nothing is ever going to put the color back in that particular area. Unless you had some dye. It might be hard to color match, but then again maybe not. You could just start with a very weak dye solution, one that is mostly water. Then apply, and see how it turns out. If it wasn`t enough, add more dye to the solution and try again. Keep doing this slowly, so that you don`t overshoot the mark and make it darker than it should be.

Even if the color wasn`t an exact match, but it was fairly close, you might be able get it to where nobody would ever notice. Because although the color wasn`t a perfect match, it was somewhere close and it looks a lot better than that faded out, old spot. So perhaps you just might be able to fool the eye that wasn`t looking for it.

So has anyone ever come up with anything like this? I`m a bit of a detailing noob (compared to you guys) so I might feel foolish if someone posts a link to a commonly used interior dye that everyone seems to know about.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A bit of dye?

I guess not. Maybe I`m a pioneer! lol

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some spray dye from a local detail shop and it looked horrible. But thats not to say another brand may be OK,especially black.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the silence in this thread makes me want to ask..

What do you guys do when there is a big colorless spot after you`re done with your detail? Or maybe there is a spot, where you can tell there is a noticeable difference.

Thread Information