Thread: Headliner

Post Thanks / Like

Headliner

Quick question in regards to water staining on headliner. What`s the best way to remove it without making more of a water stain?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headliner

Did you try the search feature? I am sure there are tons of threads out there.

Spray towel not headliner, very little liquid and light scrubbing cause the headliner and glue behind it are sensitive.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

I did, and the thread really didn`t fully answer my question. It`s a light interior and tried diluted Megs APC and a foam cleaner. Both were unable to remove it.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had great results using my VX5000 steamer with the small triangular brush, through a towel, lightly going over a section, then examining the white towel to see if I am helping or not..

Have also had great results using a discontinued Meguiars cleaner, Meguiars APC+, which cleaned really well, was very low foaming, did not require a rinse like their APC green colored cleaner, and left a clean scent..

If you can possibly just get the stain line a little wet but not the a big area around it, hot water, a softer brown bristle brush like the one used for cleaning leather,
    how about scrubbing that line carefully, so as to not change the nap of the fabric, and then carefully using an extractor or a vacuum with a smaller nozzle like the size of the thin Crevice tool for getting between seats and the console, and being careful to not pull too hard on the headliner, extract all the moisture you just put there out and see how it looks when dry..

A good thing about using a metrovac is that their hoses all have a little plastic piece on the end so you can open it up and decrease the amount of suction if you want to..

Of course, you can just purchase the Metrovac hose and use it on any vacuum too..

Bigger question - is the roof leak fixed so it doesnt leak again on the headliner ??? Was it from the moon roof leaking ??

Good luck !
    Dan F
    Thanks Gjkwpd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

While it might be just too impractical, I can`t help but wonder about taking the headliner out of the vehicle and doing the whole thing to at least make it all uniform. NO I`d never think of doing it with the Audis but I probably would do the Crown Vic`s that way. Fixing that "perimeter-ring stain" might be a real challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

How much are you charging ?

Post Thanks / Like

I just worked on a F150 that leaked water in the third brake light. So it had water marks on the headliner. I sprayed Folex directly on the headliner, waited a minute, then wiped with a microfiber with medium pressure. I can check tomorrow and see if that eliminated the mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    How much are you charging ?
    This is on my daily driver. I bought used and had a small spot. Attempted to spot clean it and didn`t work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    I just worked on a F150 that leaked water in the third brake light. So it had water marks on the headliner. I sprayed Folex directly on the headliner, waited a minute, then wiped with a microfiber with medium pressure. I can check tomorrow and see if that eliminated the mark.
    I tried filed as well and it didn`t work. That was why I ended up trying a foam cleaner. The water mark is still there. Will try to steam it

Thread Information