So I`ve been doing a lot of looking around now that I`m not detailing so much in my free time (winter really kills the mobile business). I`ve been looking into ways to improve my processes and continue to find ways to improve my level of service. I`ve come across some interesting tools, mainly steam vacuums. Now I know the age old way to clean upholstery and car carpeting is with an extractor, but I`ve learned steamers also have their place within the world of carpet/upholstery cleaning. Also being mobile and using customers power (for now) I`m limited to 15 amp circuits, so full size extractors are out.

Does anyone have any experience using steam vacuums? I`m looking mainly at the Daimer units specifically the kleenjet 500v. A litttle pricey at over $2000, but can combine 2 (in my opinion) must have tools. While also providing a level of steam extraction which potentially could be very very effective. It has roughly 86in of water lift, which i know isnt much from an extractor standpoint, but it wouldnt saturate the fabric like an extractor does so it may be sufficient. Im having some trouble finding 3rd party information about the 500v, so im wonderimg if anyone has some insight on the idea. From what i read, taking the plunge and buying this unit would be a major help to my efficiency as well as the level of work i can provide.