Post Thanks / Like

King Ranch leather restoration

I am almost complete with my oil extraction/restoration on my 2007 f350 King Ranch seats. I have owned it for a few years but have not done more than condition them on tried one spa treatment which forced me to go to this extent. I am using Advanced Leather Solutions, Inc. Company Homepage - Leather Care, Repair, and Restoration - ADVLeather.com products, the oil extractor deep moistorizer and the conditioner based on Kevins recomendations. I got about 90% of the oil out but needed to sand the leather with 400grit to correct some of the ware after the first moisturizing. The rear seats just had the deep moisturizer and conditioner and are in better then new condition.

Before

Worst part

First extraction in process[URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/vodomagoo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151024_204130_zpsfsgvy0iz.jpg.html]

Here is the 3rd application. You can see the white areas have no oil left. Have the 4th and hopefully last coat on. This is a spot applications to the oil effected area.i also sanded down the badly aligatored area with 400grit paper. Hopefully I will have them moisturized after this application.

I have them moisturized right now (had them conditioned but more oil came out on the surface so I pull that out and re moisturized). If the rears are a good indication the factory finish texture wise is back, color of course is not but it`s pretty close says head rest in the back. The center arm rest sides were perfect factory everything since no sun damage and I`ll take a pick to compare in the morning. The fronts are not rock hard any more and they look like they might finish out fantastic on 90% of them with one or two spots I didn`t extract 100% sanding them made a night and day difference on the really bad spots. One arm rest is a total loss though but it was when I bought the truck so I knew that was impossible going into it.

Back seats final product and I am more then happy [URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/vodomagoo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151026_090130_zpsdsghaqwg.jpg.html]

Front just with moisturizer still absorbing.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: King Ranch leather restoration

wow nice save there

Post Thanks / Like

wow those seats took a beating well done bringing them back to life. real leather unsealed/clear coated needs a lot tlc and people think they want real leather, not me i like the really nice fake stuff way easier to maintain.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful !!!!

I have another thread saved on king ranch leather, cuz my friend has one that`s beat like that
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got a 2005 King Ranch that the seats were in pretty bad shape too. I did not go as far as you did, mostly out of fear of damaging them even more. I used several applications of Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil on them and in fact still use it about every couple of months to help maintain the seats. It has worked wonders so far but you have to keep applying it. The King Ranch leather can get in really bad shape if neglected. Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m calling this a complete success

The flash made them look uneven but they are very consistent
    Likes Ronkh, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

They turned out great.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the post I have a client with seats just like these. I might have to give this a shot

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

This took upwards of 48hrs with wait time before the moisturizing step (took a good day of sun before I conditioned it after moisturizing) and probably 16+ hrs hands on total. If you don`t have to sand as much as I did it will be much quicker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vodomagoo View Post
    This took upwards of 48hrs with wait time before the moisturizing step (took a good day of sun before I conditioned it after moisturizing) and probably 16+ hrs hands on total. If you don`t have to sand as much as I did it will be much quicker.
    I doubt he`s willing to pay what that labor is worth. But those seats, thats some improvement and id bet they are not cheap to replace.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Aftermarket covers that are close in quality but are not king ranch quality are 700ish a seat for the fronts.factory is prob over 2500 for both fronts if not more

Thread Information