Post Thanks / Like

Carpet Replacement

I am getting set to detail my truck (99 Frontier) and I am going to replace the headliner and carpet. I have never done this before and I`m not sure how to remove the plastic trim. I have removed the door panels before but that`s it. Do I need any special tools etc.? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpet Replacement

1. Replacing a headliner isn`t always easy. Of course, I`m prolly thinking of headliners from 25 years ago. Maybe now it`s easier. Basically, you have to remove everything that attaches to it - without breaking anything, and see how it`s secured.

2. Replacing a carpet isn`t too hard. You have to pull the seats, rocker trim, and kick panels. It`s adhered to the car somehow - usually through plastic rivets. I`d order all new ones before I`d mess with it.

You don`t need special tools for either. You just need to know what your doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    1. Replacing a headliner isn`t always easy. Of course, I`m prolly thinking of headliners from 25 years ago. Maybe now it`s easier. Basically, you have to remove everything that attaches to it - without breaking anything, and see how it`s secured.

2. Replacing a carpet isn`t too hard. You have to pull the seats, rocker trim, and kick panels. It`s adhered to the car somehow - usually through plastic rivets. I`d order all new ones before I`d mess with it.

You don`t need special tools for either. You just need to know what your doing.
    My concern are the pillar panels. I haven`t really pried on anything but I might start removing stuff so that when my stuff arrives it will be ready to go in.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpet Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by 55steve View Post
    My concern are the pillar panels. I haven`t really pried on anything but I might start removing stuff so that when my stuff arrives it will be ready to go in.
    They usually just snap in to place now a days. Again, you have to be careful not to break anything. Whenever I do work like this - I always order new OE clips from the dealer just in case. I usually end up needing half of them.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s right. I forgot to order clips! This is going to be sweet! I may hold off on buying a new truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you dont have to pull out the windshield or back window like you have to with some trucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You!

Thread Information