Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I Prefer interior detailing

I always hated doing the interior on my cars but I have had a change of heart. With the new products and info from here I get much better results on the inside of my car. Also thanks to here I see all the little imperfection on the exterior of my car so I now do a 2 bucket 2 wash mitt and sponge plus wheel brushes wash that takes me 1-3 hours depending how in depth I get into the door jambs and under hood and wheel wells. All that to see it get a mess in 2-4 days the first time it rains. So now I find I prefer doing the interior work as it looks so much better and last 2-4 weeks not days.
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Prefer interior detailing

Only thing I dislike more than doing interior is doing windows
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes MooreImpressive, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer cleaning up some nasty rims compared to anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Only thing I dislike more than doing interior is doing windows
    I think the only product I`ve been able to consistently get streak free windows is GTechniq Panel Wipe of all products. Numerous different techniques, towels, temperatures.

Basic interior work isn`t too bad, I just find I`d rather do the exterior since it gets dirtier much quicker and doesn`t need a full run down anywhere near as often.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ec90 View Post
    I think the only product I`ve been able to consistently get streak free windows is GTechniq Panel Wipe of all products. Numerous different techniques, towels, temperatures.

Basic interior work isn`t too bad, I just find I`d rather do the exterior since it gets dirtier much quicker and doesn`t need a full run down anywhere near as often.
    Have you tried newspaper? When I worked at a car wash about 10 years ago, some of the cars that came through would have real finicky windows that would always streak. The only thing that would get them streak free is a newspaper. Don`t ask me how it worked, but at the time it did lol.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Better stock up on those news papers in few more years they may be extinct.
    Likes Stokdgs, XxBoostinxX, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My glass cleaning improved when I started using two microfiber towels (initial wipe, dry) and washed them separately. I have tried several of the new glass towels (Poorboys, CarPro, DD) and these can help but still do not eliminate the need for a second towel.

If you have stubborn grime, I would suggest using a terry cloth application instead of a mf towel to give you more bite to break up the grime for the initial wipe to improve cleaning.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    My glass cleaning improved when I started using two microfiber towels (initial wipe, dry) and washed them separately. I have tried several of the new glass towels (Poorboys, CarPro, DD) and these can help but still do not eliminate the need for a second towel.

If you have stubborn grime, I would suggest using a terry cloth application instead of a mf towel to give you more bite to break up the grime for the initial wipe to improve cleaning.
    My biggest problem with cleaning interior windows was not using enough cleaner ... it would evaporate before I could wipe it around completely and pick up/loosen the grime and it would just smear, two towel method or not. Now I really soak the glass with cleaner and the first towel wipes the cleaner around and gets the gunk moving and "off the glass," and the second towel removes all the crud and excess cleaner leaving the windows spotless.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    My biggest problem with cleaning interior windows was not using enough cleaner ... it would evaporate before I could wipe it around completely and pick up/loosen the grime and it would just smear, two towel method or not. Now I really soak the glass with cleaner and the first towel wipes the cleaner around and gets the gunk moving and "off the glass," and the second towel removes all the crud and excess cleaner leaving the windows spotless.
    I think what you experienced was why I suggested a terry cloth applicator. A simple spray and wiping is not going to remove a lot of build up all types of grime. The mf can absorb but if the crud is not loosened enough it will not come off easily.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t mind a quick wipedown, but on my low cramped car, I dislike doing a deep clean inside. I almost always come away with a twisted muscle or a kink somewhere. SUV`s can be pleasurable. Nice and high, and almost always 4 doors.

I agree that on windows, using enough product is key. I use lots of D120 and two Megs` Water Magnets, one "wet" and one dry. I don`t like the glass-specific towels I`ve tried.

Post Thanks / Like

id rather pick up my dogs poop from the back yard then interior work including the front windshield.
    Likes Ronkh, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think people need to learn a solid interior process and they might think differently about doing them. Basically, all interiors should be done the same way with the only variable being the seats & carpet requiring different approaches.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes jsou, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have almost same gratification from interior detailing as exterior detailing. Paint correction slightly edges it out for me on the exterior side of things.

I hate cleaning trash. I ask all of my clients to remove their belongings and loose items/trash before I proceed with any interior service.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent 20 hours this weekend on the exterior of the wife`s car, on Saturday Wash Hyperwash and APC-ironx-clay towel Opti towel and Arnold speedy prep towel-dry/ then Sunday Polish D151 Paint reconditioning cream-Eraser-Wax Blackfire wet diamond-spray sealer Prima Hydromax-dress tires and wheel wells-dress exterior plastics-then pass out. All this to look like crap on Wednesday as it will rain again. Thats why I prefer interior at least it lasts a few weeks or months depending on how filthy you live.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, no big deal for me. The xterra interior is not bad. DP INTERIOR PROTECTANT on all plastics. DP LEATHER CLEANER & CONDITIONER on seats. The weathertech mats keeps the front floor clean. Some plex all on the gauge cluster & stereo face. Glass gets megs glass cleaner. BUT what helps is i am the only driver. So it stays clean longer.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information