Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

16 88.89%
  • B

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    You are waiting to pull out of a parking lot onto a 4 lane divided roadway (2 lanes each direction). Traffic is clear except for a car in the left lane, going 45mph (the speed limit), approaching your postion (same direction you will be going) about 50-60 yards away.

Do you:

A. Wait for the car to pass, or pull into the right lane since it is your duty entering from a parking lot to yield the right of way to cars on the road and not impede faster moving traffic.

or....

B. Slowly, painfully slowly, pull into the left lane, directly into the path of the oncoming car, and accelerate at a snail`s pace, forcing the other car to slam on the brakes and take evasive action-because after all, you are the most selfish, inconsiderate person in the world or you are a complete idiot who has absolutely no clue how to drive.

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    B. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    I go around people like this, get infront of them and slow WAYYYY down, make them do like 15 in a 45 lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two times yesterday, drivers chose option B and right in front of me. One pulled out and immediately hit their brakes and turned left. They got a rearview mirror full of my brights and a long blast of the horn. No one was behind me at all either. I seriously don`t get drivers like that. I also don`t get why the cops seem to think it more important to use 5-10 officers to set up speed traps instead of patroling the streets and pulling over totally imcompetent drivers. Oh yeah, now I get it. Traffic patrol is all about revenue instead of safety. Silly me. :doh
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I also don`t get why the cops seem to think it more important to use 5-10 officers to set up speed traps instead of patroling the streets and pulling over totally imcompetent drivers. Oh yeah, now I get it. Traffic patrol is all about revenue instead of safety.

Give that man a Cigar!! :clap: And, if you think those kind of "road manners" are bad, you should come live over here. Westerners have an image of Japanese people being very courteous (which is true in some respects), but when it comes to driving, all bets are off. That kind of thing happens to me EVERY DAY over here - you`d be amazed :grrr !

Post Thanks / Like
    I especially hate when the big bulldozers that can only do 15 mph dont pull off the to side when there`s a line of 20 cars behind them. Everyday it seems I get stuck behind them. Oh and normally I would say B, but I have pulled out in front of an EVO like that before. Then again it was driven by my high school buddy and I just wanted to piss him off :dance
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    two cars going side by side with the same speed same direction , not alowing others to pass AHH.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m having an open house tomorrow and running the ultra-critical thanksgiving errand (liquor store) on my way home from the office last night, and I thought I`d be clever after seeing the highways jammed. so I`m going a (usually convenient and almost as fast) back way and first there`s a train. no big thing, I can`t really predict the weather either. I`m patient. finally get on a rural highway and a little white chevette or something exactly like a chevette crawls directly in front of me from a side street. I slam on the brakes and watch traffic behind me. no big deal, it`s the holidays. then they won`t drive within ten mph of the speed limit. I have no patience for this. this car takes every single turn in front of me - all single file lanes - for half a #$%ING hour - until I`m within a handful of minutes of home. brilliant.

I chose option A, by the way.
    It`s a healthy addiction. I can stop any time I want. No really.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also hate people like that. And what goes through people`s heads when they slow down as a reaction to seeing someone approaching them fast, how does slowing down help?!!! This is why I need bigger better brakes! lol Or better yet and crappy car with huge bumpers so I can just hit them. Ya that would be nice.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Winter Hold in Effect
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`d wait until they were lined up and then ram `em full speed!

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    I completely sympathize with you . . . NC is home to some of the worst driver’s in the world. Yes, worse than Mexico and almost as bad as India. It drives me crazy! People driving 15 MPH under the speed limit, sitting in the left lane, tossing out trash, no blinkers or signal, run red lights, etc. etc. are the least of our problems. I’m talking about those individuals who for some unknown reason come to a complete stop on an interstate onramp where traffic is flowing at 75+ MPH. It’s outright dangerous. The knuckleheads that drive under the speed limit see you’re about to pass and then speed up only to cut you off and slow back down. The magnitude and level of these self-righteous drivers is appalling.

It’s stressful just writing about it. Enough now – Happy Thanksgiving :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I can sympathize, it seems no one has common sense, driving tests need to be improved, with winter coming its only going to get worse .At least here anyway..

My own personal recent experience......

About a week ago my laser detector went off, if anyone has a V1 you know its an attention getting sound. I was doing 70-75 on a 4 lane stretch of the NJ turnpike. A cop was straddling his hood aiming the gun at cars, mine included. As I slowed and reacted to the audio input I quickly noted a wooden pallet in my lane, maybe 20 feet from the cop. Of course I hit the pallet ( no damage thank god) I immediately pulled over, ran back to the trooper and gave him hell.

I asked him if your point in being out here is to promote safety and not simply collect a tax on honest people what the hell were you thinking not closing that lane or warning people about the pallet? He couldn`t form a complete sentence he was so shocked I showed no fear.

I called him some names im not proud of, some I think he could have arrested me for. It proved my long held position that police in general are not interested in safety, its an industry built on $, safety has very little to do with it if it did tickets would be 20 bucks not 200.

I think I shocked the hell out of him when I walked into the lane and pulled the pallet`s remains out and threw it pretty close to his car, as I walked away I told him to watch out, the cops around here could give a crap less about your safety you never know what might be up ahead. He got back in his car fuming but honestly what could he do. I made sure to smile for his camera mounted on the dash as I left. I then called and reported the "dead wood" on the highway information line, even gave a description, crew cut etc.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    And what goes through people`s heads when they slow down as a reaction to seeing someone approaching them fast, how does slowing down help?!!!

Same idiotic approach to merging onto the freeway. Hmmm, traffic is going 65-75, I`ll slow to to 30 and merge. Yeah, that`s the ticket!

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    When I pull out of a parking lot, I just giv`er and get ahead of them.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    This is also why I like to have a loud car, so when I pass them, they can hear me loud and clear. A fast car is nice too, so you can pass them fast and easily.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information