Post Thanks / Like
    The Autopia.org Moderators and I would like to take a moment to wish you and your family a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

2005 has been a hard year for many, not only here in America, but throughout the world. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who struggled or suffered great losses.

For our International friends, Thanksgiving is a truly unique American holiday that is simply an expression of gratitude. For most Americans, Thanksgiving holiday is a time for family, feasting, and football.

Thanksgiving was first established by George Washington on October 3, 1789 and reaffirmed as we know it today by Abraham Lincoln on October 3, 1863. A mere glance at their Thanksgiving proclamations reminds us of the noblest purposes of government, including its greatest ends—fighting war and educating its citizens—which fulfill all the objects of peace.

As our young men and women fight and die in Iraq and around the world, just as thousands died at home only a little more than four years ago, we should remember the war wisdom of Lincoln and the founding wisdom of Washington on Thanksgiving Day. Guided by prayer, we should recall our higher purposes. We enjoy the fruits of our leisure on account of the sacrifices of others today and before us.

Thanksgiving Day is a Memorial Day as well as for the family, feasting, and football that complete American life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,

David Bynon

Autopia Mayor

Post Thanks / Like
    great post david! i wish EVERYONE a happy thanksgiving as well!! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, David. Hope your Thanksgiving is good as well and that goes for everyone here at Autopia.

Take care if traveling; I`m gonna try to not do any deer hunting with the S8 this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice post, David. Thank you, and I hope you and all Autopia members have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving . We sure do have a lot to be thankful for .
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome post David. would aslo like to wish the members of Autopia a safe and enjoyable holiday. to our troops I will say a special thank you. my family and I will have a a special prayer for all of our brave men and women. as always you our deep in our thoughts as well as our hearts. you make this country what it is :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, thank you David for the poignant and meaningful message! And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by percynjpn
    Yes, thank you David for the poignant and meaningful message! And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Todd
    Are you really located in Japan? And you celebrate Thanksgiving? Interesting.

BTW Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    Are you really located in Japan? And you celebrate Thanksgiving? Interesting.

BTW Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Yes, I`m REALLY located in Japan. Why do you ask; do you think I`m making it up?

Where in my message does it say I "celebrate" Thanksgiving here in Japan? Did my wishing OTHER PEOPLE a Happy Thanksgiving confuse you somehow :nixweiss ?

I don`t have a Thanksgiving get-together over here, but believe it or not, plenty of other Americans living here do :hide: . That must really blow your mind! :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !!!!!!! :spot
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by percynjpn
    Yes, I`m REALLY located in Japan. Why do you ask; do you think I`m making it up?

Where in my message does it say I "celebrate" Thanksgiving here in Japan? Did my wishing OTHER PEOPLE a Happy Thanksgiving confuse you somehow :nixweiss ?

I don`t have a Thanksgiving get-together over here, but believe it or not, plenty of other Americans living here do :hide: . That must really blow your mind! :nervous2:
    No, but it did kinda confuse me for a second there. lol
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Thread Information