Post Thanks / Like
    Was reading CNN this morning when I came upon this article about a survey on cars and dating.

And people tell me I`m wasting time keeping my whip looking sooo good. I mean it`s just a car right?

Yeah right

Post Thanks / Like
    Autopians must be chick magnets

Post Thanks / Like
    You would think.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was single and in my early 30s I drove a BMW 318i, which I bought used after losing my job due to the company I worked for "downsizing". This was in the early 1990s by the way. I had to buy a car because when I lost my job I also lost my company car. I wasn`t willing to spend more than $5500 of my savings on a car (cash transaction only!) and was just stunned when I found this little car in that price range with only 48,000 miles on the clock. Yes, it was 8 years old, but it was perfect, and selling for the same price as much newer though much, much higher mileage Hondas and VWs. I put an additional 125,000 worry free miles on that car and consider it one of the best car purchases I`ve ever made.

And this applies to this thread how? I`d start talking to a woman I was interested in dating, and eventually she`d ask about my car. It cracked me up to see a woman`s eyes light up when they heard those three letters. B. M. W. C`mon! I only paid $5500 for it!! But it was clean. Really clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    yup I`m telling ya there is some truth to it I think. David Chappell did a skit where he said a man only buys a nice car as bait to get the honey`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh heh, I remember not letting girls/women know I had nice cars until I knew them pretty well. I`d drive my (well detailed ) beater until I decided she and I were doing OK and then I`d pick them up in my good car- "yeah, it`s mine, and yeah, it`s paid for. Well, you never asked and the other car`s more practical..." It actually worked really well- I knew they really liked me for me and they knew I wasn`t trying to impress them with a fancy ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first serious date was to a car show .
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Heh heh, I remember not letting girls/women know I had nice cars until I knew them pretty well. I`d drive my (well detailed ) beater until I decided she and I were doing OK and then I`d pick them up in my good car- "yeah, it`s mine, and yeah, it`s paid for. Well, you never asked and the other car`s more practical..." It actually worked really well- I knew they really liked me for me and they knew I wasn`t trying to impress them with a fancy ride.

Smart man.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the car effects me, if I see a hot girl, say a 9, driving a crappy car it brings them down to a 8, but if I see a hot girl, a 9, driving a bad *** car it brings her up to a 10. lol It happened today at work. lol It does make me likem more, not sure how it works the other way around, cause I`m kinda with Accumulator on not trying to show off my fancy car, although I did get my last girlfriend like that. lol only lasted like two weeks.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    All us guys need to realize that women do pay attention to details, not just how nice your car looks, but does the same apply to you and where you live. (are your shoes shined; is your kitchen clean and neat; etc.) They recognize that someone who cares about their possessions and treats them well is someone who will do the same for them. But if your car looks great and the rest are not equally well cared for, they realize that you probably will place your car well ahead of them; and then while you might get to first base on a hit with the car, scoring probably ain`t gonna happen.

Thread Information