Post Thanks / Like
    Well on sunday i was at my aunts house playin the guitar with my cousin. All of a sudden my dad calls me on the phone scared as hell sayin to come home. I rush home 12 miles from home in about 5 minutes and my moms room is on fire. Apparently there was a short somewhere in her room and it caught the room on fire and theres smoke damage all over the place. My little brother put out the fire with the help of my older brother.

When i got there my little brother was on an oxygen tank and my mother in tears. Im glad he`s still alive....and my mom well shes emotionally stressed out at this point and doesnt know what to do. They tried to sleep in one of the rooms thats still in good condition but my mother said teh smell overwhelmed them when they were trying to sleep. They ended up sleeping in the car with the windows open.. As much as i tried to help i dont know what i can do.... i think im gonna start looking for either another job or try to start detailing more cars to get extra money to help my parents house. My mom doesnt work and my dad doesnt make much so id trying to figure out ways to make extra money to assist with what the insurance may not want to pay for. I remember coming home and seeing my dad outside and he had a basket of socks and such i asked "what are you going to do with those clothes" he replies " waiting for them to dry since the power is out" My parents dont want to leave the house incase people try to come and steal whats left to take. Any how i hate not being able to do something for my family and it sure does SUCK.... Here are some pics........

thanks

jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man that`s scary! I`m glad that all ended up being OK! There are few things as putrid as the smell of charred wood.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap! Your brothers put that out? No fire department?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m really sorry to hear about the fire at your home, Jay. Glad everyone is okay though. A house you can replace, people you can`t.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Jay so sorry to hear about this tragic news but also glad no one was lost.

If you need to come by and get my fogger machine. It may help a bit with the smoke odor.

Take care,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad they are ok! Also glad they were able to put out the fire. The Fire Dept. woul dof torn the house apart to put the thing out.

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow !! What a bummer !!! Thankfully everyone is Alive Jay.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    6`][`9- Yeah, big thing is that everyone`s OK. Man your brothers are a pair of family heroes, huh? That does *not* look like it was some little fire that was easy to put out. I`d take Anthony up on his offer with the fogger, it could be a big help. Did they get the power back on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay ..... I am glad everyone is ok....as everyone else has said..house can be replaced or rebuilt..a life can not...

I am very sorry for the incident..but very glad your parents and brothers are safe...

Your brother are Heroes in my book....They put thier lives on the line to save the home..

By looking at the pics...it was not a small fire and seemed to be very smokey also...God Bless your Brothers

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa. Glad everyone is ok - it`s a good measure of your character that your first thoughts were helping your family. Good man.

Post Thanks / Like
    They do have homeowners insurance, right? It`s actually quite expensive to clean up from something like that. You also need to get the wiring taken care of ASAP. I`m glad to hear that everyone is okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Holy crap! Your brothers put that out? No fire department?

yeah what he did is put the ladder up and broke the window and put the fire out with the water hose. The fire department took too lonng since its in the country it took the fire dept about 45 minutes to get there and by that time it was pretty much all out. And there was another fire starting in the attic. By the time i got there my brother was on an oxygen tank given to him by the fire dept. EMS didnt show up for about an hour or so. Its like that cause the nearest fire dept is like 12 miles away and theyre volunteer fire fighters.

As far as the electrical wiring goes. The Electrician that wired the house showed up about 1 hour after every one was gone and took care of the wiring in that house. I took care of the phone lines in that room cause it shorted out all the phone lines in the house. My brother said as he was speaking to 911 when they said they were sending someone out the line shorted out and turned off.

Anthony- Thanks i appreciate that and i would like to rent that from you if i can.... ill give ya a call.

Yes theres home insurance but man they are being slow.... My parents are not ones to complain but im getting to a boiling point if someone doesnt call my parents back by FRIDAY.

I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR COMMENTS & I AM SURE WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS SOON.

YOU GUYS ARE A GREAT BUNCH..... :xyxthumbs

Thread Information