Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to ask my clients if they wanted their plates blocked out if I posted any pictures on the internet. I was almost always told that they would like the plates blocked out.

So I don`t even ask anymore...I just block them out all the time. Actually, now I just have a piece of paper that I cut to size, and I tape that loosely on the license plates when I take the pictures.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by animes2k
    Another thing you might want to do is secure your driving record and information with your local DMV / MVA / whatever they call it where you live. In Maryland, unless you`ve requested otherwise, anyone can go and get your driving record and personal information... So a license plate could conceivably be used to find out where you live, if I`m not mistaken.

As can a phone book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by animes2k
    Another thing you might want to do is secure your driving record and information with your local DMV / MVA / whatever they call it where you live. In Maryland, unless you`ve requested otherwise, anyone can go and get your driving record and personal information... So a license plate could conceivably be used to find out where you live, if I`m not mistaken.

As can a phone book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    Hehe, get on clubsi and ask around....NO ONE posts their plates. Theives are notorious for using the boards to get the plates from members in the area and stealing the car.

Exactly. Plus, there are a lot of people who frequent this board who put a lot into their cars and they don`t want it ripped off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    Hehe, get on clubsi and ask around....NO ONE posts their plates. Theives are notorious for using the boards to get the plates from members in the area and stealing the car.

Exactly. Plus, there are a lot of people who frequent this board who put a lot into their cars and they don`t want it ripped off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viasevenvai
    wow, sorry guys but i thought i`d get something better than that. I mean, the whole point of asking that question was to find out why people would hide a license plate when i can go out in my apartment parking lot and get 100 of them........and there addresses.

I guess it confirms that it`s unecessary.

First off, why do you care?

Second, I don`t want my website to be a one-stop shopping center for car thieves looking for a particular car. With open records on DMV registrations in most states, why give the bad guys anything to work with?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, sorry guys but i thought i`d get something better than that. I mean, the whole point of asking that question was to find out why people would hide a license plate when i can go out in my apartment parking lot and get 100 of them........and there addresses.

First off, why do you care?

Second, I don`t want my website to be a one-stop shopping center for car thieves looking for a particular car. With open records on DMV registrations in most states, why give the bad guys anything to work with?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, if the owners wanted to be picky about it, they could prevent us from posting their car photos online - here or for promotional purposes. Technically, if we`re using their cars to promote our businesses we should have signed property releases.

The same as if someone takes your picture and intends on selling it (basically if it`s used for anything but personal or editorial [news] usage) a model release is required. People have control over their image and images of their property.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, if the owners wanted to be picky about it, they could prevent us from posting their car photos online - here or for promotional purposes. Technically, if we`re using their cars to promote our businesses we should have signed property releases.

The same as if someone takes your picture and intends on selling it (basically if it`s used for anything but personal or editorial [news] usage) a model release is required. People have control over their image and images of their property.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hallo gallo
    Seriously no offense, viasevenvai , but should your 7th poast really be spent arguing with people who were gracious enough to answer your 6th post?

Exactly! :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hallo gallo
    Seriously no offense, viasevenvai , but should your 7th poast really be spent arguing with people who were gracious enough to answer your 6th post?

Exactly! :grinno:

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong.

Thankfully, that $100,000 Mercedes Scottwax just detailed doesnt sit in your parking lot. It has an address. If the plate number is posted,bad guys can find said address. You understand now?
    Gary

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong.

Thankfully, that $100,000 Mercedes Scottwax just detailed doesnt sit in your parking lot. It has an address. If the plate number is posted,bad guys can find said address. You understand now?
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    although you can go out into your apartment complex and get plates, you can`t see a list of their mods. some car forum`s will have post`s of people listing all the stuff they`ve done to it and then thats a perfect target for some thieves. thats why i think people do it.

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    although you can go out into your apartment complex and get plates, you can`t see a list of their mods. some car forum`s will have post`s of people listing all the stuff they`ve done to it and then thats a perfect target for some thieves. thats why i think people do it.

Vernon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information