petes wicked ale

black and tan

and any ale i can get my hands on

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoyinJersey
    Chimay blue label

Mark

Yes, Grand Reserve, I got a bottle of that and the Premier Red, but have not had some yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    If ya like ales its in the top 5 best tasting beers but the price is what gets ya its 105 dollars a case out here in new jersey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Styrnol
    Having a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot 05 tonight, it`s a Barley Wine. At 9.6% it`s not bad at all, very drinkable. These Barley Wines have a punch to them, give them a try.

If you bought a six-pack of Bigfoot, try putting the other 5 away and trying 1 each year for the next 5 years. We got to try some Bigfoots from a few years in a row and it was very interesting. The hop bitterness seems to mellow out and the maltiness begins to shine after a couple of years. FWIW, I`m not sure I`d consider Bigfoot a barleywine, at least not for the first year or two. The level of hoppiness places it dangerously close to the Imperial IPA category, IMHO. If you liked it, try Dogfish Head`s 90 minute IIPA. The 60 minute was sub-par, IMHO.

I just found out that a beer I`ve only had once and was instantly a favorite is brewed right here in Hartford: Thomas Hooker Liberator Dopplebock. It`s a little different than Celebrator. Also, if anybody has a chance to find a beer called Fantome Saison, it is awesome. Both good beer stores in Iowa (Cyclone in Ames and John`s in Iowa City) haven`t been able to get it for a year, I`m hoping I can find it out East.
    `86 Porsche 951 garnet red metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    BenZ,

I only picked up two. When I first saw it they had some 03, but when I went back only the 05 was available. I have two bottles of the 90 min. and two bottles of the Wide World Stout. I have the 60 min. on my list. Yesterday, I had my first Celebrator, man that stuff is pretty good. I`ve heard of Fantome Saison, but also cannot find it. I do have some Saison Dupont, which I have not tried yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll love the 90 minute. Ever think about brewing your own? It`s a pretty cool hobby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Z.
    You`ll love the 90 minute. Ever think about brewing your own? It`s a pretty cool hobby.

I`m sure I will. Thought about it, have to check it out some more.

Post Thanks / Like
    For starters try :

howtobrew.com and

brewboard.com

the first is a free online book, the second is a great forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Very Much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wold also recommend Ommegang its a microbrew in cooperstown ny very good stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, can`t let this thread die out. Tonight I`m having a Squatters IPA (UT/6%) beer, very nice, malty, grassy, hoppy with a nice sweet taste with a little bite at the end. This is one of my best beers from a Utah brewery. Tomorrow I will have a couple of Fuller`s ESBs with a BBQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Allright, another Fuller`s fan! I love their beers. I went to England a couple years back with my dad and brothers, and we toured the Fuller`s brewery. As with all brewery tours, the crowning part of the whole thing was sampling every beer they make. It was awesome, and never better than right out of the tap. We also stayed in a hotel in London owned by the brewery, so the pub right downstairs from the rooms was outstanding.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know about other areas of the country, but in the Pacific Northwest there are tons of microbreweries that crank out some really great stuff. McMinamin`s Ruby Ale is my absolute favorite...just a hint of raspberry to it.....sounds weird but very tasty on a hot day. Bridgeport makes an excellent Hefeweisen...add a squeeze of lemon....excellent. A number of microbreweries turn out some terrific IPA`s as well. If you`re ever in Portalnd, OR you should definately check out some of our local microbrews.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Girlfriend turned me on to this and its all I usually drink now when it comes to beer. There is a little local tavern that has it on tap. Not to mention they make the best damned burger in the state!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    Allright, another Fuller`s fan! I love their beers. I went to England a couple years back with my dad and brothers, and we toured the Fuller`s brewery. As with all brewery tours, the crowning part of the whole thing was sampling every beer they make. It was awesome, and never better than right out of the tap. We also stayed in a hotel in London owned by the brewery, so the pub right downstairs from the rooms was outstanding.

Sounds like you had a great time. Well, I`m having that Fuller`s ESB right now. Very nice brew, malty/hoppy with a smooth taste. Definitely will be buying more.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information