Post Thanks / Like
    I want to get myself a mp3 player and I have looked at a few models but I can`t decide so I was hoping that some people on this board could help me out a little. They are all flash players and here they are : muvo n200 512 mb, samsung yp-mt6x, iriver IFP795T

any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Also anything that are around that price range that I should consider are also welcome. thanks.

i luv my makita and pc
    Post Thanks / Like
    none of your links are working. I`ve heard a few good things about the i-river mp3 players but personally i`m on the hunt for a ipod 20 gig.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 2 Dell DJ20 (20 gigs) about 3 weeks ago.....great player with a lot of memory for the price.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs

Bob
    2004 Nissan Maxima SE (silver with black leather)

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on what you plan on doing with the MP3 player, how much you are willing to spend, and how often can you swap out songs (depending on how much space you have.)

I personally have a black 256mb Creative N200. Got it for free. $79.99 at newegg.com while the 512 model is available for $114.99 or something around there.

The Muvo TX is also very nice, both are very similar in size but the TX can be used as a flash drive which connects directly into your usb drive while with the N200 you have to plug it using the cable.

www.newegg.com is where I go for all my MP3 needs with www.pricegrabber.com for like a ball park price, but I`ll pay a little extra for newegg.com because of the service.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally wouldn`t have anything other than one of the iPod`s. Within the family, each one is represented and all feel the same. My nephew has been through a few other players and they are in drawers or sold to his friends cheap but loves his iPod Mini. The quality is top notch and the interface is child simple.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SpoiledMan

I personally wouldn`t have anything other than one of the iPod`s. Within the family, each one is represented and all feel the same. My nephew has been through a few other players and they are in drawers or sold to his friends cheap but loves his iPod Mini. The quality is top notch and the interface is child simple.

thanks for the responses. i would get an ipod but since they`re hard drive players they aren`t as durable plus there have been many stories about ipods and other hard drive based player freezing up. also i like the compactness of flash drive players.

Post Thanks / Like
    Uhh, that`s why I made my statement to ALL of the iPods. My sister has the Shuffle and loves it as well. It`s very versatile and you DON`T have to listen to the songs "shuffled" all the time. It will play by playlist also.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry spoiledman for missing what you said about the ipod shuffle, but comparing it to other players it seems to be less of a value. it`s basically stripped. doesn`t even have a lcd. thanks for the suggestion though

Post Thanks / Like
    My only experience is with a Dell Pocket DJ. It`s compatable with Napsters To-Go also. It`s also a hard-drive based mp3 player.

My father has a ipod but I haven`t really gotten to play with it. I saw it a few months ago when he bought it and I haven`t been back home since. I`ve talked to him and he appears to really like it. Says he has over a gig of mp3`s on it and uses it often as he travels at least once a week for business.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was a cool recommendation as I have never had any problems with mine or any of the others in the family. I have read about some problems but they usually can be fixed with a little investigation. I detail with mine all the time by the way.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Like imentioned before i have 2 Dell DJ20s... I have over 3000 mp3`s on one of them or about 9 days full days worth of music end to end..i think that there a great value for the $

But the one thing i can say in all certainty is when it comes to availability of accessories IPOD is KING !

Bob
    2004 Nissan Maxima SE (silver with black leather)

Thread Information