Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s time to retire the little college Charbroil grill. I`m looking to spend up to $550 on a decent grill (Weber, Vermont, etc). I use it 3-4 times a week so the internal parts need to be decent. Any suggestions???

Post Thanks / Like
    Weber Genesis line has been terrific for me. Home Depot has great prices...
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still in the beginning stage`s of my research, but at a quick glance Weber has a ton of lines and models which can make it confusing. I`ll probably have to spend an hour figuring out the difference. My father in-law has a Weber and he loves it. I was leaning towards them and I know they work great I just wonder how much more I have to pay for the name. Consumer Report just came out with reviews and named grills I`ve never heard of before (Vermont) so I figured I`d research a bit before going with a Weber. Thanks Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by twopu

It`s time to retire the little college Charbroil grill. I`m looking to spend up to $550 on a decent grill (Weber, Vermont, etc). I use it 3-4 times a week so the internal parts need to be decent. Any suggestions???

Check out the Weber Touch-N-Go. I have one and love it. It`s a charcoal grill that lights by gas.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...tchen&n=507846

Post Thanks / Like
    at 1 time webber genesis 1 used to be the top of the line. we are now gonna get a FIESTA. made in USA. looks and feels well built. low priced but it comes without a tank. peggy and i like to use our grill at least twice a week year round. and i think the fiesta will do because its all stainless steel.and ss is very easy to clean and maintain. i also read that vermont is also a great grill in cook`s illustrated magazine. the other accessory you should look for is a side burner. wonderful for frying fish or chicken in a PANKO bread crumb. try to do them inside the house without smelling it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Weber Genesis is a serious piece of hardware. We`ve had ours for about 4 years.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep thinking that I would never use a side burner, but I`ve never had one to even consider it. Is it worth it?

I`m learning that the differance between the Weber Gold and Silver is the lid. Is the stainless steel lid more for appearance or are there other benefits?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any thoughts on higher end Charbroils?

Post Thanks / Like

I keep thinking that I would never use a side burner, but I`ve never had one to even consider it. Is it worth it?

I`m learning that the differance between the Weber Gold and Silver is the lid. Is the stainless steel lid more for appearance or are there other benefits?

I sprung for the heavy SS lid...I think it`s worth it especially if you do a lot of cooking during the cold months. It is very heavy and holds the heat.

We have the sideburner, it`s great if you want to cook up something stinky that the spouse might not appreciate wafting thru the house. :p I use it for blackening steaks, seafood, bacon etc and the rain takes care of the clean up. :xyxthumbs
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Untill I got a camping stove a side burner was a must for me for some of the same reasons that Tom mentioned. I would also get a slighty bigger grill then you think you need. I find that with a bigger grill I will prepare most of the meal on it. I also look at BTU`s. More is better.
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the exact same model I got this year. It`s last years model but you get a tank with it, everything is stainless steel, and you get two tables. Very easy to put together.

http://www.etronics.com/addtocart.asp?store=

Post Thanks / Like
    Weber Genesis has served us well.

Post Thanks / Like
    We checked out some grills last night. I kept walking towards the stainless steel models, but my wife was concerned that they would be harder to maintain (fingerprints, scratches, etc) then the black ones. Any truth to that? Also, is there any other benefit to stainless steel other than looks?

Post Thanks / Like

We checked out some grills last night. I kept walking towards the stainless steel models, but my wife was concerned that they would be harder to maintain (fingerprints, scratches, etc) then the black ones. Any truth to that? Also, is there any other benefit to stainless steel other than looks?

I bought a Weber Genesis Gold with side burner last year after having my Genesis Silver with Red top since 1994. I still use the Red top but mostly in the winter months. the Gold has Stainless Steel top, grates and burners. It is very easy to maintain and keep clean. It gets hotter than my Red top and the food definitely cooks faster in the Gold grill. so far real happy with this Stainless Weber grill. I am looking forward to many years of great BBQ like the Red top has given me.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

Post Thanks / Like
    When shopping for a weber go for the models with the Stainless Steel grates, they do last longer than the porcelain coated steel grates. I upgraded to the SS ones for my very old Weber genesis and it is still going strong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information