Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    You have plans for detailing and they get changed for you?? I work 3 12 hour shifts M-W, and I also mow a few yards for extra money. I love my work schedule!! This week I had no yards to mow so I was going to spend all weekend detailing my vehicles! I was going to try my PC for the first time Thursday on my work vehicle. I was going for Menzerna IP ,then AIO, and then Z2 Pro.

Anway, I left for work about an hour ago and when I got to work it was deserted. We were unable to run tonight, so now I have to work Thursday. I won`t get off until 5 in the morning Friday, so I`ll be shot Friday. :down Oh well. I got plans for Saturday too.

The best laid plans... :sosad:

Anybody feel my pain??

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait `til the weekend?

What kind of work do you do?
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just a regular old factory worker.

I work for these folks: www.siplast.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I feel your pain... the day I did the full detail on my car this spring it was about 35 degrees out.. I was tempted to just forget it.. but I wanted to use all my new products.. I did it anyway, it just took me alot longer since I had to go inside and warm up. But yeah I usually have to find time to do my car... sometimes late nights in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s supposed to rain this weekend anyway according to the latest weather reports.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is real fun when I have details scheduled, rain is forecast, the customers reschedule and then it doesn`t rain. The weather guessers did that to me on Monday and Tuesday of last week. :angry
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I am not working it rains.... when I work the Sun is out... Murphy was my Dad ! Like father , like son !:grrr
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait till you get married bro lmao

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait until you get married and have 2 kids.

It took me 2 weeks to do my truck. A door one day. A fender another. I had the cleanest truck for that 2 weeks though. I had to wash it everytime I was going to do some more waxing.
    2003 F250 XLT SD CC

2004 Mercury Monterey

1976 Camaro LT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by maypo

Wait until you get married and have 2 kids.

It took me 2 weeks to do my truck. A door one day. A fender another. I had the cleanest truck for that 2 weeks though. I had to wash it everytime I was going to do some more waxing.

And your wife is working overtime.

I have a ton of new stuff to try out and I just cant find the time to do it. It seems like I don`t get home untill after its dark.

I had this weekend all mapped out, then my wife invites the inlaws down for the weekend. Oh well, maybe I will just have to use a vacation day.
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Wake up early in the morning, drinking cofee first, take a quick bath, feel refreshed, preparing may detailing supplies, the weather is perfect, shinny but not to hot.

And when I was about to begin, the electricity went down. Doooohhhh!!!!! (

Post Thanks / Like
    Or your two kids 5&8 want to help you detail the car. Let them do the wheels thinking how much harm can they do on the wheels. Next time you look they are scrubbing the car w/ the wheel brush. Or the drop the wash mitt on the driveway and go right back to wahing the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, that`s why I called out sick that week that I started the big clean/wax!! Illegal, perhaps....but I got the job done!! lol!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pharden

Or your two kids 5&8 want to help you detail the car. Let them do the wheels thinking how much harm can they do on the wheels. Next time you look they are scrubbing the car w/ the wheel brush. Or the drop the wash mitt on the driveway and go right back to wahing the car.

Thanks for writing this for me........

Post Thanks / Like
    It is real fun when I have details scheduled, rain is forecast, the customers reschedule and then it doesn`t rain. The weather guessers did that to me on Monday and Tuesday of last week.

LOL, Scott this was one of the first things I learned when detailing for money in college. I`d listen to the weather forecast and half the time they would be dead wrong. My customers would occasionally cancel as well and it would be dry...weather is a very inexact science from a precipitation standpoint.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information