Thread: Funny stories

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend told me the other day that when he last stopped by my place to see my car after I had rejuvinated it, he saw the most amazing thing

he said I went out to the shed to get some more boutique products to show him and as he was waiting by my car, a moth flew full tilt into the drivers window.

It slid down the window like a bullet, leaving a tiny dust trail on the bottom exterior trim and then slid down the paint and hit the ground in like a second

Cracked me up big time.

Any of you have some funny things happen during or after a detail, like this one.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was waxing a car outside and I was letting the wax sit to cure or whatever and a bird decided to leave a present on the hood. Luckly, it wasnt too big, and I had TONS of wax on there compared to the final result after buffing it off.

Hows that? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I had some mosquitos attracted to the car right after waxing at night. At first I thought it was because the wax smelled so good, but then realized they thought the reflections off of the car were lights.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I detailed my car last summer, and was driving to work (my summer job...sitting at Lake Michigan boat launches and talking to boaters about invasive species) down a nice winding country road along Lake Michigan, and I nailed a bird at 45mph with my passenger side mirror. I just heard this THUD from the side of the car, and I originally thought it was a bird flying into the door or something. I didn`t realize that the reflections were THAT clear!

So I got to the boat launch and looked to see a bunch of blood splattered all over the mirror, both passenger side doors/windows, and the rear quarter panel. There were no boats at the boat launch, so I pulled out my 2 MFs that I keep in my glove box, and my QD spray that I keep between the front seat and the shifter, and started cleaning it up!

I QD`d the whole side of the car (The other side was in the sun) that day at work.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    not really funny, but i was detailing a 99 540i when i was working at the detail shop (back 3-4 years ago). it was boston green. when i finished detailing i brought it outside (hot summer day) and was drying down the tires from the tire wet i applied. i noticed a butterfly come flapping over and landed on the bmw roundel on the hood.

i wish i had a camera. it kinda felt like... the topping of the cake. a job well done with beauty on the emblem.

-mike

Thread Information